• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 Xbox One runs at ~1400x1080

chadskin

Since DF hasn't put up their full Far Cry 4 analysis yet, "Globalisateur" on the Beyond3d forum analyzed some XB1 gameplay and this is what he came up with:

If find ~1400x1080.

Jaggies are more noticeable than on PS4 but maybe it's because of the lower resolution, still not sure yet.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...ad-the-first-post.44653/page-105#post-1808938

Here we have 34 horizontal edges (steps) for a 46 pixels wide image:
7fib.jpg

34 * 1920 / 46 = ~1419

Hence my ~1400x1080 approximation.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...ad-the-first-post.44653/page-106#post-1809029

Fix the PC version if old.

Orayn

I'm pretty okay with this potential trend of more horizontal scaling. It looks a bit better than 900p, at least.

Duxxy3

Would not surprise me. I watched the gamersyde videos last night and the iron sights seemed a bit jaggy.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
DF is suspicious slow lately

Orayn

I'm curious about this. Might make a custom res on my pc and see how it looks vs 900p.

Won't work properly unless the game lets you manually control the aspect ratio as well.

Dark Souls 1 would be a good game to test it with, actually. DSFix gives you the option of keeping the original res and its aspect ratio, so the higher res equivalent would be 1536x1080.

Curufinwe

"Due to the higher resolution, there are dips on the PS4 where as the XB1 holds a steady framerate (relevant posted video shows otherwise). To sum up we find that largely both version perform similarly."

It must take Leadbetter ages to work his narrative in and around the facts which don't support it.

Daingurse

Won't work properly unless the game lets you manually control the aspect ratio as well.

Dark Souls 1 would be a good game to test it with, actually. DSFix gives you the option of keeping the original res and its aspect ratio, so the higher res equivalent would be 1536x1080.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. Wonder if I have anything installed that will work. Don't feel like reinstalling Dark Souls again just to fuck around with this.

fernoca

No offense to DF, but...
"Due to the higher resolution, there are dips on the PS4 where as the XB1 holds a steady framerate (relevant posted video shows otherwise). To sum up we find that largely both version perform similarly."
k7c4qrl.jpg

Still, the game looks and runs super. Jaggies aside, no biggie.

Guille4000

Neo Member
I have the xbox one version and I realised since the first minute that wasn't 1920x1080. But the curious thing of the version is the stuttering and AA method, I'm pretty sure it's a cheap fxaa effect...

Prelude.

Nah, it's "probably due to a cpu bottleneck".

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I agree that it is odd how DF is seemingly choosing one platform to do analysis on instead of proper faceoffs.

Top Bottom