• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy IX PC port possibly headed to PS Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

I'd expect PS4 more than I would Vita so I'd consider this a likely case of cancelling. I'd certainly like to have this version on the Vita, especially with those cheats like speed up to make it go a bit faster.

CamHostage

I'd expect PS4 more than I would Vita so I'd consider this a likely case of cancelling. I'd certainly like to have this version on the Vita, especially with those cheats like speed up to make it go a bit faster.

It's possible that it's not the same office doing the PS4 port though (assuming there is a PS4 port.) The game's already on PC, so one group would conceivably be handling that project (which would I assume be easier) and another group would be handling the mobile versions that may or may not have the somewhat-similar Vita platform thrown into the mix.

Considering Vita's recent trajectory I'm more in the "cancelled" camp than the "upcoming" one.
But then again Square Enix seem to be supporting the Vita a decent amount recently. World of Final Fantasy, I Am Setsuna (albeit not in English) and the new Saga game are all on the Vita. I'm not saying that it's anywhere near definite, but if any company is going to release a Vita game, it'll be Square Enix.

AntMurda

Considering Vita's recent trajectory I'm more in the "cancelled" camp than the "upcoming" one.

Besides the 3DS, it's the hardware with the highest user base in Japan. That's why it's getting all the JRPGs cross compatible with PS4.

ultra7k

If the game was released on Vita, it'd be an 0-day purchase for sure. Kinda wish they'd put the VII port on Vita as well but oh well.

Elios83

Seems a bit weird to release this on Vita without VII and VIII.
Who knows.
I'd like them to put the PSX trilogy on both PS4 and Vita though.

Jeels

So where is this. Thought we'd get an E3 announcement for PS4. :( The wait is excruciating. I don't PC game but I am considering just picking this up on steam.

Hope we aren't waiting until the end of the year or later. I am thinking at this point it will be one of those PSX "and it's available today!" announcements.

Famassu

So where is this. Thought we'd get an E3 announcement for PS4. :( The wait is excruciating. I don't PC game but I am considering just picking this up on steam.

Hope we aren't waiting until the end of the year or later. I am thinking at this point it will be one of those PSX "and it's available today!" announcements.
FF Brave Exvius was released a while ago, Moebius was released just now, FFXV is about to be released next month and World of FF will follow that not too far after. I don't think they are in too much hurry to push more FF to the market at this moment. Maybe in between World of FF & FFXII Zodiac HD.

Heartfyre

FF Brave Exvius was released a while ago, Moebius was released just now, FFXV is about to be released next month and World of FF will follow that not too far after. I don't think they are in too much hurry to push more FF to the market at this moment. Maybe in between World of FF & FFXII Zodiac HD.

This would be a great same-day-release PSX announcement.

Releasing VII on PS4, IX on Vita then XII, XV, and WOFF on PS4 seems like an odd strategy. You'd think SE would try and consolodate the series platform wise, they kind of have on PC now though I guess thinking about it, which ones are missing on PC now?

Ganado

Releasing VII on PS4, IX on Vita then XII, XV, and WOFF on PS4 seems like an odd strategy. You'd think SE would try and consolodate the series platform wise, they kind of have on PC now though I guess thinking about it, which ones are missing on PC now?

Of the main series, FF1, FF2, FFXII and FFXV.

Hesemonni

Banned
I skipped up buying PSN versions because of 50Hz PAL and changing the regions on Vita is a chore. So, I'd buy these version instantly.

Square enix should rename themselves "the rebuy company". I bought ff9 on ps1, then when it came to pc. Now I'm gonna have to get it on ps4.... like I do with every other final fantasy game.

BumRush

Although I have both 8 and 9 on my Vita, I refuse to replay them in hopes that SE will do what they did with the (amazing) PS4 FFVII port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom