• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake coming to Switch, gameplay to be shown at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/856906915871432704

7UhyKGV.png

Take this with a grain of salt of course, but I think Dystify has been reliable before.

Lock if old.

FinalAres

I am someone who said FF7 on Switch woukd never happen. Too HD, Switch isn't powerful enough.

I've instantly changed my mind. Square follows the market.

ReyVGM

Isn't Dystify on GAF?

If he didn't post this there, then I don't think you should have. It's obvious he's not completely confident about this 'rumor'.

Dystify

Seriously? Pretty sure rumors based on twitter aren't allowed here...

If I wanted it to be a GAF thread I would've made one myself. I'd only create that if I was 100% certain though.

Corpekata

Banned
If it's "First to PS4" it seems highly unlikely they'd be showing it off on competing platforms at a major press conference.

DKHF

If it's even coming no way the Switch version is shown at this E3. A bit after part 1 has released sure but not before because of the PS4 timed exclusivity.

I'd still get it on PS4, as much as I loved BotW on Switch and want more games on it. This just isn't something I'd be willing to sacrifice graphical fidelity on.

More of a reason not to buy it then. Means graphically and performance wise will be scaled back to work on the switch. Oh maybe they should finished it before talking about releasing it else where.

Obviously this is just a rumor and business deals change all the time, but I thought Sony was touting how this was a timed-console exclusive. Seems odd if that is still the case too allow them to show off the Switch version before the PS4 version launches, unless being a hybrid the Switch isn't considered a "console" under the contract.

Uh huh. Bomberman is 45 fps on Switch.

FFXV is like 45 fps on PS4 pro

How is ff7r going to run?

Edit: this post is stupid and I take it back

maybe targeting a lower spec could mean Square could release part one this side of 2020.

Or ya know. A PC version port for lulz.

Anyway serious talk. Who is this dude and what is his trackrecord?

If true, this will make me unbelievably happy. Preordered, day one, day zero, or bought before it's even possible to buy bought.

Will buy on the Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom