• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Final Fantasy VII Remake, new possible details, also regarding a possible new summon for the game

D.Final

Banned
jyLYYre.jpg

2WxvYQR.jpg

7QP427Y.jpg

0BQAbD5.jpg

I take this opportunity to speak, as well as these rumors, also of what possible novelties the VII Remake could bring.

The how secondary characters will be inserted actively in the game's plot.
Possible original game concepts, reworked, and perhaps usable for Remake.
(like new Summon and new Bosses)

I think it might be interesting to make assumptions about it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

"Slightly more western" face for Tifa. I can only assume she will have a long face then, compared to Aerith's which was rounded out.

I like what I'm reading about the towns feeling lived in and unique and there being zones in the overworld makes sense.

bigedole

These rumors/leaks don't seem to contradict the other set of rumors/leaks we got from the rando on reddit. Could just be more fictious fanboy speculation but I'm definitely hopeful it's all true. Two parts makes sooooooooooooooo much more sense than 3 parts, and I would gladly pay full price for that game. E3 can not come soon enough. I would be legitimately floored if Square actually managed to keep all this hidden and deliver a game that is actually satisfying.

Graciaus

Imagine paying $180 for a 20 year old game. Whatever SE is smoking I want some.

Edit - helps fully to read.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Lol @ people who thought part 1 would be midgar.

Its the first 5% of ff7. Its memorable and iconic, but ultimately just the intro. Theres a whole world of towns, caves, and shit.
Don't be too hasty. It's not confirmed to be 2 parts yet. And besides, many people made the Midgar speculation because of the 3 CDs of the original. It was just as good a theory as any other.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am excited if this ends up being two parts. If we get part one sometime in the next year it shouldn't take as long to get part 2. The battle system, characters models, etc are all done. Maybe we will be playing the full game sooner then I originally thought.

Orenji Neko

Not going to trust this unless it comes out as the truth later on, but the supposed split between the rumored “only 2 parts” makes sense to me.

This is just me, but I always felt like everything up to Aeris going on alone to be the first half of the story, and what she does being the major turning point that leads into the second half, much like the events of the Floating Continent in FFVI.

(Edit made to gloss over story specifics for any who still might not know the original game)

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Not going to trust this unless it comes out as the truth later on, but the supposed split between the rumored “only 2 parts” makes sense to me.

This is just me, but I always felt that everything up to her death was the first half of the story, with her fate being the major turning point that leads into the second half, much like the events of the Floating Continent in FFVI.
I used to think the turning point was the Weapons. Do they appear after Aeris' death, or after Cloud going mind-blank?

I really hope that Square take something from Capcom and Resident Evil 2 in how to remake an older title and make it a ground breaking title in today's market. I can just see Square caving in too much to the politics and changing vast portions of the game. I really want to enjoy this game but Barret's voice actor, is very un-appealing. Like this is a classic and the modern version should have the best voice acting to honour it, not the Silent Hill HD level of voice casting. I'm looking forward to this game but I'm going to have to adjust a lot too it. Safe to say I really hoped for a turn based battle system and was disappointed not to see one but as long as they don't harp on about all the Genesis and Angeal shit and that Loveless play, I might not mind too much.

Torquill

Lol @ people who thought part 1 would be midgar.

Its the first 5% of ff7. Its memorable and iconic, but ultimately just the intro. Theres a whole world of towns, caves, and shit.
Depends entirely on how much it’s being split up. If it’s just 1 or 2 parts, then no, it’s probably not Midgar. If it’s really episodic and is in dozens of parts then it seems pretty reason

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am replaying FF7 now. I beat Midgar in 3.5 hours. They would have had to add a ton of content to get a 30+ hour game out of it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Do they plan to have a traditional world map except in nextgen form like Ni no Kuni? Or is it just gonna be open world a la FFXV?

Sixth bullet point in the OP covers it a bit. It mentions being open world with zones. It doesn’t sound like there is going to be a world map like the original.

I'm going to be heart broken if Tifa doesn't have big breasts anymore.

One thing I’m hoping the remake captures of the darkness or maybe rather I should say the dystopian hopelessness that much of the original had. The atmosphere really set it apart from any rpg to that point.

Yeah, that general 90s style "crapsack world" vibe like The City of Lost Children, 12 Monkeys and Fallout.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Those rumors feel realistic and grounded to me.

Special attack tied to weapons is a simple but logical concept, and somewhat vaguely similar to what Kingdom Heart does already, while still being its own thing.
Mandatory Vincent and Yuffie was to be expected.
Expanded ATB bars (similar to FFXIII) was predictable based on the UI we've already seen (there's definitely a lot of "unnecessary dead space" to expand them bellow the commands menu).
Overworld exploration is just like FFXV. Something that Square already did before.
Other numbered Shinra experiments is a natural evolution of the concept.
Cid being less abusive is understandable and expected in this more realistic take.
Cloud cross-dressing had already been confirmed to be in previously.

There's nothing unbelievably crazy in there to make me doubt that those may be true. I'll believe.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

That's nice and all, but SE will shrink her tiddies. Just like how people bitched about Aeris' face, and they fixed that too. Smh.
Wait what? Did we get confirmation that they adjusted AeriTH'S ;p face?

Regardless, I'm hopeful that Nomura won't let us down and give us the titties we deserve... so help me god...

CyberPanda

Banned
Wait what? Did we get confirmation that they adjusted AeriTH'S ;p face?

Regardless, I'm hopeful that Nomura won't let us down and give us the titties we deserve... so help me god...
What I meant is, they will fix it because developers always cater to 'whining' of the masses instead of their own decisions. My bad.

mortal

Gold Member
"Toned down Cid" is disappointing. I guess him and Barrett won't be cussing as much either.
That's some fucking bullshit honestly. They won't feel quite like themselves if they're not cussing like sailors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
"Playstation Plus required for demo"
Booooooo

stickkidsam

What I meant is, they will fix it because developers always cater to 'whining' of the masses instead of their own decisions. My bad.
I can only hope that they have the balls to say "Fuck you" to the whiny bitches who have nothing better to do than complain that someone sexier than them exists.

Top Bottom