• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Final Fantasy VIII Remastered could be released in physical version.

D.Final

Banned
That makes me wonder, will physical PS4 games also be backward compatible on PS5?

According to what was said in the PS5 information from Sony, in theory, yes.
The entire PS4 game catalog should be backward compatible for PS5.
(except for last-minute second thoughts, or for any problems, in PS3 style)

JohnEvans

Neo Member
While this game looks epic and I seriously can't wait to relive my childhood, you need to be finding out if this is a delayed exclusive? If it will be coming to PC and/or xbox? Plus will it be chapter based where you select which area you want and keep revisiting there getting a higher score until they bring out the next episode (just like hitman). They're already taking my money XD but what am I going to be getting? And also it will largely depends on the success of the 7 remake. If it sells well (which it will) and if it's well- received by fans and critics (yet to be seen) i believe it's indeed fairly possible they would work on that, maybe for ps5.. but who knows.. from what I've seen 7 has been the one front-runner in terms of ppl wanting a remake.. 8 definitely has its support group, but not quite on the same level.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For that extra effort and price, I wonder if they’ll make the remake screens to 16:9 and not leave it as 4:3.

Last edited:

Hudo

God, I hope that this turns out to be true. I'd also love for FF7 to get a physical release on Switch, just to have FF7 on a fucking cartridge, while laughing at history.

D.Final

Banned
For me, if they create a Limited Edition like the one created for the X / X-2 HD Remastered, I would love to spend even 60 or 70$ quietly for it :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:
They should do 1 to 9 remastered on one disk.

So glad that FF8 is finally getting a remaster though, played that loads as a kid and got all the gf minus tonberry King.

Also got all characters to lv 100 and remember after 100 hours gameplay the timer goes red.

Triple triad is also the best mini game in FF history.

Never would happen. They learned their lesson after Dawn of Souls, hence why the PSP remakes of Dawn of Souls got split.

Why would you only make $60 when you could make $540?

Top Bottom