• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy X = Remake w/ the FFXIII engine for PS3/Vita, out by March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

onQ123

That's right, caught by surprise announcement at the Tokyo Game Show to see again in our Final Fantasy X and PSVita PS3, and just give information, leaving many doubts. It was rumored that it would be an HD remaster as we have already seen in our PS3. Nothing is further from reality, to our knowledge from PSTime will be a remake using the engine of Final Fantasy XIII.

Here are some details:

Use the same engine that Final Fantasy XIII and adapted to PSVita.
All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.
The sets and scenes in HD remasters CGI will implement a "filter" FFXIII Engine.
The magic and some lighting effects are achieved with the new engine "Luminous".
The Blitzball undergo small changes.
Online options will include (not yet known details).
The release date in Japan in fiscal 2012.
That's all the details we could learn from PSTime, soon we will offer new information.

http://translate.google.es/translat...l-fantasy-x-para-ps3-y-psvita-sera-un-remake/

Danielsan

Will gladly buy at more than full price if true. Graphically Final Fantasy XIII is one of the most amazing games of this generation, and I loved the gameplay in FFX.

Chris_C

solarus said:
In before, "why no ff7 remake?!".

Not to hijack the thread, but if there's a FFVII remake, I hope it still uses pre-rendered backgrounds, and nice chunky polygonal character.

NM0dz

Neo Member
I said wow.

Here I was about to turn my nose up at square and play the old PS2 version for the first time after exams. But goddamn, i'll wait for this if this news is true.

takemymoney.jpg

jett said:
Rumors from a no-name website, uh okay.

Also, no, jesus, what kind of idiot wrote that.

01net was a no-name website at one time.

But now the folks around here treat it as the one true source in gaming.

So things could change overnight.

Dragon

Banned
Zwei said:
Nice

by the way, why no FFVII remake?!
Well everyone's assumption was it's much easier to change FFX to be HD than a game that came out in 1997.

This rumor is highly unlikely. Wishful thinking.

Bulzeeb

badcrumble said:
Hot if true. Let's hope for new game+, difficulty levels, et cetera.

new game + should be mandatory for all RPGs, anyways sounds to good to be true guess this is the reason why there is only one game announced instead of a pack of 2 or 3 HD remasters (only if this si true I mean)

Cool, 2020 release confirmed.

Bulzeeb said:
guess this is the reason why there is only one game announced instead of a pack of 2 or 3 HD remasters (only if this si true I mean)

They will remake FFX-2 and FFXII and sell it to you as well. Why split profits, when you can make money 3x?

NM0dz

Neo Member

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sounds too good to be true.

Ydahs

All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.

Does re-using the majority of the old assets really make it a remake?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Paracelsus

Ydahs said:

Does re-using the majority of the old assets really make it a remake?

They could just use cutscene models for everything this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom