• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator

Just for the record, even though I'm looking at these materials right now with the September date on it, I think it will also be delayed lol

Ydelnae

Has there ever been a delay rumor that turned out to be false? I can't think of any.

A recent one would be some stores listing Dragon Quest VII for a November launch and some employees saying that they got told that the release date was changed (like FFXV, the game releases next month, so there would be a 2 month delay). The game ended up not being delayed.

michael-scottthankyou.gif

Exactly what I was talking about.

Kyrios

Has there ever been a delay rumor that turned out to be false? I can't think of any.

I feel like almost every substantial rumor this year ended up being true. It wouldn't surprise me if the game really did get a delay, I'm at the point where I'm just expecting it.

And even that was already flimsy as hell, considering he claimed that they were going to make the decision to delay it after the Nintendo Direct.

Yeah, Tamaki's sources have always been 50/50 at best (unlike others, he's not an insider himself, he just apparently knows a few people), but that whole situation took the cake for implausibility and blew up in his face almost immediately. It's no wonder all his rumours are banned here now.

mdzapeer

Whats that Miyamoto quote about a delayed game being good, while rushed game being forever bad.

The devs can take all the time they need, want a polished game there are many other games to play during the wait.

EDIT: Found the quote

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

Whats that Miyamoto quote about a delayed game being good, while rushed game being forever bad.

The devs can take all the time they need, want a polished game there are many other games to play during the wait.

*Given unlimited resources in both time and money and eliminating the reality of the modern day patching framework.

R-User!

If it allows a Neo version to be sold day and date with the regular PS4 version (assuming Neo launches b4 15 launches), then I'll just "upgrade" my version to the Neo version, or just play the PS4 version on the Neo (if that's how it works).

artsi

If it allows a Neo version to be sold day and date with the regular PS4 version (assuming Neo launches b4 15 launches), then I'll just "upgrade" my version to the Neo version, or just play the PS4 version on the Neo (if that's how it works).

PS4 version = Neo version

They're the same disc, it just works better on a Neo.

But that's what I thought too.
If the delay happens, I can play it the first time with Neo the way it was intended. So I'm not that sad.

Stiler

So disappointing :(. September was perfect for a release window, there's nothing really coming out then and this year has been soooooooo dry for good big open-world rpgs. We haven't had one since Fallout 4 last year.

Was really looking forward to digging into this next month.

So disappointing :(. September was perfect for a release window, there's nothing really coming out then and this year has been soooooooo dry for good big open-world rpgs. We haven't had one since Fallout 4 last year.

Was really looking forward to digging into this next month.

Financially speaking, it was an incredible date for it. Assassins Creed, Destiny 2, and Mass Effect were all delayed. Now its releasing in a month with Mega sellers, and after Black Friday.

Square Enix would not have delayed this game if they didnt care a great deal about the quality of it.

DNAbro

Financially speaking, it was an incredible date for it. Assassins Creed, Destiny 2, and Mass Effect were all delayed. Now its releasing in a month with Mega sellers, and after Black Friday.

Square Enix would not have delayed this game if they didnt care a great deal about the quality of it.

and they better care about the quality. If the game is technical mess that would be a goddamn disaster for a game this long in dev.

Completely anecdotal and without anything to back my claim but... Friend of mine who is a banker has a client who is manager GS. Said he stopped into the store and the manager showed him the new promo material that corroborates the rumor. Wasn't allowed a picture though.

Asd202

Yep it was a perfect date for sales.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Has this been picked up by any major publications yet?

If so, and there is no immediate denial from SE, that would say a lot IMO.

It's kinda like in sports if a rumor comes out that Player X broke his leg and ESPN picks up on the rumor, if it isn't true, the team would come out and deny it immediately. Because with social media, rumors spread like wildfire these days.

Companies tend not to make a big deal out of small rumors from small sites, otherwise they'd have to make a million denials a year based on false reports. But if IGN or Gamespot picks up on the rumor and SE doesn't make an official denial immediately, then it's probably true.

Tyaren

Completely anecdotal and without anything to back my claim but... Friend of mine who is a banker has a client who is manager GS. Said he stopped into the store and the manager showed him the new promo material that corroborates the rumor. Wasn't allowed a picture though.

Well, if you banker friend isn't lying or blind it is true then.*sigh*

Mory Dunz

Boss★Moogle;213512196 said:
If it's for a Neo version with improved framerate then the delay is worth it.

Wouldn't the Neo patch come when it comes *regardless* of when the main PS4 game comes out...?

kennyamr

I had a friend that is not my friend anymore that had another friend that knew a person from a GS in another state that told him the rumor was fake.

I once had a friend...

What? No, this isn't related, I am just contemplating... my life choices and... stuff... I will sit in this corner, ok?

Yall should really stop end using that miyamoto quote forever. Its played out, and probably was only for one game that he was associated with. Delayed games be bad too.

Tyaren

I had a friend that is not my friend anymore that had another friend that knew a person from a GS in another state that told him the rumor was fake.

Lol, since the friend on the beginning of that chain of friends isn't really your friend anymore he might be lying to you about the rest of friends. Just saying. ;)

Fj0823

I raise you Mighty No.9

firelogic

I don't know why people quoting that (if it's even accurate). A delayed game isn't eventually good. It has a chance to be good but it can also still be bad anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom