• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the news tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is this game delayed? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Final Fantasy in September. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought Tabata had it under control???? This is so fucked.

Suddenly now, this delay was worth it.

jfZJpXP.jpg

Hahahahaha, this thread has been comedy gold with the pics so far.

The whole project hasn't gone to plan! Thatismypoint.jpg. It has been handled poorly and another delay after a big release party is just the cherry on top.

I have absolutely no idea why someone would fight against me to defend that. For the 3rd time I'm not saying a delay is a bad thing if the game runs poorly, I'm saying Square have been high as fuck handling this whole project.

Yes, FFXV is a very special case due to its history and how much they've invested in it. Granted I'm all up for a delay if it's necessary, it's just that a lot regarding this game has been bizarre and surreal.

I hope there's a making of Blu-ray of this game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
this is really bad looking, he repeatedly clips through the stairs. didn't developers figure out clipping in like 2005?

Well keep in mind this is the game where we went from this in March 2015 (as playable on actual consumer PS4s):

To this:

And here's a smaller version of the old area from March 2015 to confirm it's not just a location thing:

I think it's safe to say things aren't going super well.

On the flip side we have people talking as if Uncovered was an event that revealed the release date and nothing else.

Of course we also had a:
-A shitty demo that did nothing to help sell the game.
-A mobile game that nobody is going to play
-A movie with big name actors because we all know Square Enix is good at making movies
-A mediocre anime series

Of course they were going to show more because they wouldn't rent out an entire stadium and made the entire thing free if they weren't but saying the entire point was to announce the release date. That's what they said when they first talked about it and that's what they were building up to. And now that release date has been missed so it makes the whole thing seem pointless in retrospect. A really expensive looking, pointless event.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Both projects have been in development for a decade, though. I mean... It's not like TLG releasing first than this thing is some huge embarrassment.
Bruh... we saw waaaaay more footage of this game over the years compared to TLG. Way more footage. TLG being straight cancelled was far more plausible than this project being cancelled. Period. Shit, a bunch of people doubted TLG was even in fucking development. Yeah, it's real easy to say they were dumb to think that in hindsight. It really wasn't crazy at all to think that at the time though...

If you asked most on this board just a few years ago which game would see the light of day first, you think TLG would have been the leading answer? Hell no!

Seems it's all but confirmed that it's being delayed. Wasn't my most anticipated game so I'm not bothered by the delay but sympathy for anyone who is anticipating this game with the delay being so close to the release date.

Well keep in mind this is the game where we went from this in March 2015 (as playable on actual consumer PS4s):

To this:

And here's a smaller version of the old area from March 2015 to confirm it's not just a location thing:

I think it's safe to say things aren't going super well.

It's crazy how much the game has been downgraded from the Duscae demo.

Shahed

People are looking too damn hard at a release date event. It means nothing in the bigger picture.

It implies that Square don't have their act together. If they can host and spend a decent budget on a marketing event with a release date they can't stick to, it says a lot about their planning, foresight and general competence.

Having said that I would rather they delay the game. I'm in no rush and would rather play a more polished title. But it doesn't paint them in a good light.

Audioboxer

Yes, FFXV is a very special case due to its history and how much they've invested in it. Granted I'm all up for a delay if it's necessary, it's just that a lot regarding this game has been bizarre and surreal.

I hope there's a making of Blu-ray of this game.

I think the making of would literally just be instructions telling you to grind up some ghost peppers and snort them through your nose to experience how the development team have felt all these years.

Can't get closer to actually working on FF15 than that!

Pooya

shocking news, it's real. If they miss this date too then... lmao. I can see this becoming like Watch Dogs, delayed once, then delayed to next year.

Boke1879

It implies that Square don't have their act together. If they can host and spwnd a decent bueget on a marketing event with a release date they can't stock to, it says a lot about that planning, foresight and general competence.

Having said that I would rather they delay the game. I'm in no rush and would rather play a more polished title. But it doesn't paint them in a good light.

Come on now. ALL games do this. All games announce a date and marketing is planned around said date. Batman, Uncharted, Deus Ex, hell even Persona are victims of this.

Humans still make these games and even then they can only do so much in a certain time.

jett

D-Member
Bruh... we saw waaaaay more footage of this game over the years compared to TLG. Way more footage. TLG being straight cancelled was far more plausible than this project being cancelled. Period.

If you asked most on this board just a few years ago which game would see the light of day first, you think TLG would have been the leading answer? Hell no!

We saw a bunch of CG man. I think there was only one gameplay trailer of VsXIII. In terms of an actual game, I think we saw about the same amount of footage.

jmaine_ph

Was this game required to have a Neo version based on the 9/30 release date? And if not does it now with the new rumored date?

artsi

Was this game required to have a Neo version based on the 9/30 release date? And if not does it now with the new rumored date?

It did, and still does, but now it releases just in time to be actually played with a Neo at release

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Release Date culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by delaying stuff. If you screw someone over in the Global Release Schedule, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the worldwide public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and release the fucking game tomorrow or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom