• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Final Fantasy XV slated for June - by Amazon Japan.

Go_Ly_Dow

0PQzgzM.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Final-Fantasy-XV-PS4/dp/B00BT9DVDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451072509&sr=8-1&keywords=ffxv

-We already know they are considering a Summer release
-Big event slated for March with a release date announcement
-They have said for a long time that this will release simultaneously worldwide
-Persona is only slated for Summer in Japan, likely Fall overseas. The summer release window is June-September.

A possibility exists that the game may just be over 6 months away from being in our hands, after a 10 year wait!. :O

Gimme that Shimomura soundtrack now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTkJ2067Jw

Would explain why they are asking about Persona 5. It's about damn time we get this game.

I'd buy Persona 5 over it if I had to chose, but i'll probably get both. Persona comes first :)

orochi91

so they may be going against Persona like that survey indicated if they did this

Would explain why they are asking about Persona 5. It's about damn time we get this game.

I'd buy Persona 5 over it if I had to chose, but i'll probably get both. Persona comes first :)

Atlus wouldn't release their game to against FF15, that would be suicide.

They should move out of the way for FF15.

Chilikar

Just wondering, what's with the $150 USD price tag on the product? Is it a listing for a collector's edition or just a placeholder? Cause if it's a placeholder, it kinda kills the legitimacy for the rumour imo.

Sooner than I thought, not convinced it would be delayed again if this pans out. I'll still be sticking with Persona and I'll pick this up later when it's cheaper.

Unfortunately I agree. P5 looks like it's shaping up to be a much better game from what I've seen, but it'll still lose outright if it goes head to head with FFXV.

12BoM

Persona will get obliterated if it came out next to FFXV and that's a fact.

No shot at P5 because I am all in on day one for both

Go_Ly_Dow

June seems too soon. We don't want them to rush this game.

1 year and 3 months since the very early demo build.

The game being playable from start to finish as of last month, with the first half of the game already being polished to finished standard.

It's crunch time now.

Please no. A 3rd delay of P5 would break me.

Both games are going to get their sales. Summer is big enough and usually empty enough release wise where both can succeed.

Toki767

Just wondering, what's with the $150 USD price tag on the product? Is it a listing for a collector's edition or just a placeholder? Cause if it's a placeholder, it kinda kills the legitimacy for the rumour imo.

Games in Japan don't really have a set price. It's however much the publisher is willing to charge.

orochi91

Please no. A 3rd delay of P5 would break me.

Both games are going to get their sales. Summer is big enough and usually empty enough release wise where both can succeed.

Releasing two mammoth JRPGs within such a short window sounds like a disaster.

JRPG fans will mostly flock to a new FF game.

Persona is niche, even within a niche genre :/

*in Japan

Persona 5 will release late 2016 or early 2017 for NA lol

P5 isn't a WW release?

Go_Ly_Dow

Persona will get obliterated if it came out next to FFXV and that's a fact.

No shot at P5 because I am all in on day one for both

Summer runs from June-September, enough of a window for both.

Would be wise to separate both by 6 weeks....although, I would buy both without problem.

AdanVC

Oh my yes please be trueee! Never been this excited for a FF game before and I'm so hyped for this that I will buy a PS4 just for this game (and Uncharted 4 but more for this game). The aesthetic, the concept, THE SOUNDTRACK... everything looks awesome on this new entry.

Nimby

Banned
Mainline Final Fantasy typically launches worldwide correct? I think as long Persona 5 doesn't launch too close to FFXV everything should be okay. Persona 5 isn't launching worldwide and I can see it launching in Japan around that same timeframe. August at the earliest for the states.

FluxWaveZ

Wouldn't be so sure of that. Atlus has openly talked about wanting to move towards WW (minus EU) release for P5.

They have? Last they stated (before the delay), Atlus USA outright said that Persona 5 wouldn't be released simultaneously in NA and Japan. I wouldn't be too optimistic about the possibility.

1 year and 3 months since the very early demo build.

The game being playable from start to finish as of last month, with the first half of the game already being polished to finished standard.

It's crunch time now.

The demo builds were also released under very hurried schedules. There's not much reason to doubt that they're getting closer to release than they have been throughout the course of this game's troubled development, but the Duscae episodes coming out when they did was nothing short of a miracle.

Go_Ly_Dow

Added these to points to the OP to hopefully iron out a pointless fan clash.

-They have said for a long time that this will release simultaneously worldwide
-Persona is only slated for Summer in Japan, likely Fall overseas. The summer release window is June-September.

Top Bottom