• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Hitman 5 Details, New Promotional Art [Update 2: Crisis Averted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Edit: Nope, thankfully fake.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This comes from a sketchier source than I normally like to use, namely, a user blog from GameReactor. I decided to check around TinEye, a bunch of other sites, and the official Eidos channels, and none of them have deemed it fake yet despite it being out for a while. Also, this sounds enough like other franchise reboots that, when combined with the quality of the rumored promotional poster, I thought it was believable enough to be worth posting.

GameReactor User Blog said:
Clint REVEAL: Hitman 5
Written by Mr. Clint 2010-10-31 02:51

I talked with an old high school friend over the weekend. He currently lives in Denmark and is a freelancer in the gaming side Eurogamer.dk. In a few weeks, he wrote cryptic messages and teasers to me. Yesterday, I finally know what it was about: Hitman 5. Or just hitman, the game apparently will be called.

Eurogamer comes during the month of December to do an exclusive revelation of the game, but you loved Clint is here to deliver the good news for a month in advance. Because I love you. And the hitman. As only the. Here are the summarized candy:

• Reboot the entire series and Agent 47
• Agent 47 now has stubble!
• Strong focus on story
• 47's "assignments" are open missions [like] in previous games
• The game also contains elements [when] 47 [is not] on assignments. These parts are more linear and are firearm-focused, cover, etc.
• The game is developed parallel to the other hitman movie
• You will get to play as more than 47 during the game, including a female assassin
• David Bateson borrow again the voice of 47
Source: http://translate.google.com/transla...://www.gamereactor.se/blog/mr%20clint/177457/

htv03536xfsrrp.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
blindrocket said:
Hmm...

I quite liked the old formula for Hitman.

And I wonder how the layoffs would effect this.
My guess would be that the canceled game was their new IP, and they shifted the non-laid-off people to this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow... new Agent 47 looks pretty bad. May be just the scan, but the younger 47 look doesn't do it for me.

re-hosted just in case:

http://i54.tinypic.com/wmay3s.jpg

ow man again with the reboot :(:(:(
The series has not been gone that long and the formula worked right?
Hitman: Blood Money sold enough to just do a proper Hitman 5 right?

And his face is euhhhh not good to young, if the voice is the same why change his face .......

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Not feeling the face, and I'm usually cool with reboots. (i like dmc Dante)

Also lol at his tiny legs.

kuYuri

I've never played a Hitman game, so is Agent 47 that memorable that he shouldn't be rebooted? What's wrong with a reboot? Does it really matter that it may be called
"(The) Hitman" and not Hitman 5 or whatever?

Niblet

Never played one either, but I know his face. I'm going to assume that the linear shoot-and-cover segments have not been it the previous games. Sounds like a bland idea.

TheSeks

Strider2K99 said:
I've never played a Hitman game, so is Agent 47 that memorable that he shouldn't be rebooted?

47's been in four games now. It's like the Dante' DMC reboot, you don't reboot an established character like that.

That said, 47 is (storywise) a clone and in his 40's or so. So a "younger looking" 47 feels weird after an older looking 47.

I think the big issue is that his forehead is hilariously large and doesn't fit with a bald 47. High-foreheads FTL. :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Niblet said:
Never played one either, but I know his face. I'm going to assume that the linear shoot-and-cover segments have not been it the previous games. Sounds like a bland idea.
They were open area stealth games with the goal of killing as few people as possible outside of the target.

It'd be like putting linear cover shooter segments in Assassin's Creed.

Strider2K99 said:
I've never played a Hitman game, so is Agent 47 that memorable that he shouldn't be rebooted? What's wrong with a reboot? Does it really matter that it may be called
"(The) Hitman" and not Hitman 5 or whatever?
Well it implies (well to me) that you do not care about the people who have been their for you in the entire series.

droppedbear

Neo Member
Don't think they are his legs, just a blood stain that somehow looks like legs.
Been a fan of Hitman and hoping preserve the fomula. Hoping no linear shoot-and-cover segments are involved if true as they don't really fit in.

I really hope so.

Love Hitman and even though the new 47 design is worse, I'm gonna see him form behind most of the game anyway so as long as he is bald and have a bar code on the back of his head I'm set.

TheSeks

bishoptl said:

Gotta put that Kane and Lynch experience somewhere, Bish. :(

droppedbear said:
Don't think they are his legs, just a blood stain that somehow looks like legs.

That's the joke.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
• The game also contains elements [when] 47 [is not] on assignments. These parts are more linear and are firearm-focused, cover, etc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Salacious Crumb

:/ Gears of Hitman. I wonder what the ratio of shitastic cover based levels to awesome open ended Hitman levels will be?

I fucking hate games...

Jigsaw

Banned
i hope the news papers are back ("psychopath massacres 113" :lol )

blood money was so good,spending hours to find a route so it looked like an accident

Tokubetsu

Well if its using the KL/KL2 engine, we already know the shooting portions will be below average and have zero weight to it.

Whatisthis....idon'teven....

Facepalm.jpg

So, after failing twice with Kane & Lynch they've decided to integrate that experience into hit man with the cover based elements. Also, "developed alongside the movie"??? Yeh because the movie for hit man is worth basing a reboot off???

I'll hold judgement until we see the trailer & previews appear, but I don't think this needed rebooting at all...

It does look pretty legit compared to the cgi models for K&L2, albeit this hitman being a bit more "Armani model" than K&L's "creepy uncle" character models :lol

not sure why everyone is catching feelings about the new face, have any of you fired up Blood Money recently, Agent 47 has a angry retarded butterface, I'd say it was about time they made him look like a human being...

Yoboman

TheVisualizer said:
not sure why everyone is catching feelings about the new face, have any of you fired up Blood Money recently, Agent 47 has a angry retarded butterface, I'd say it was about time they made him look like a human being...
Now it looks like they pasted Edward Cullen's face onto Patrick Stewart's head

Cesar

Banned
You will get to play as more than 47 during the game, including a female assassin

Sigh...Why don't they get that people just want to play with 47? It's like the Sonic games, people just want Sonic, no friends bullshit.

Also, linear parts, cover based, reboot of 47??

Do these devs just don't have a clue why gamers love the franschise? Smh.

Going by this gen so far I never had high hopes for this series at all. You'd be a fool not to know by now that this series will be super dumbed down compared to last gen.

Never mind. Scrap that. I meant 'streamlined' lol.

alba

Little is the new Big
I freaking hate this... First DMC and now Hitman. Seriously, 47 was perfect and now they're screwing everything up, way to go Squeenix, IO :/ Hopefully the reaction is big enough so that they reconsider and pull an inFamous 2 or something :D although it seems unlikely at this point :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom