• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizons 3 coming to Windows 10

danowat

Banned
As long as they keep producing games for both the PC and XBO, I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

Not everyone wants, or has, a gaming PC.

For sure I don't think it's completely outlandish. I mean if Microsoft want to make the store popular there is only one way to do it : bring the games PC gamers want to spend money on.

Yeah, I've seen countless posts on Reddit and the like where people want a GT/Forza-like game on PC. A lot of people recommend pCars or Assetto Corsa but GT/Forza are the only "my car" simulator out there. I think because of stuff like that there's definitely a market.

It'd be even better to have an incentive where current owners can have it for free, but failing that I'd gladly double-dip just to at least tell MS that this is the kind of thing I *want*.

As long as they keep producing games for both the PC and XBO, I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

Not everyone wants, or has, a gaming PC.

Most people complain that there'd be no reason for an Xbox (despite there always being exclusives I'm sure), but they fail to realise that having Xbox and PC share a library basically means the Xbox is a great "entry point" machine for those who can't afford as good a PC.

Huh, Forza is the top game on XB1 that I wanted to play... I would at least consider playing it on PC if this is true. Though, with all the things I've heard about the Win 10 store I'd be a bit hesitant.

desu

Eh, I refer to my Xbox One as Forzastation. Really did not expect them to consider FM/FH for PC as well. Guess I would still keep the console but only for 1-2 titles down the line that might not be coming to PC.

On the other side ... FM/FH on PC would be awesome. Too bad Windows Store currently allows no modding?

danowat

Banned
Most people complain that there'd be no reason for an Xbox (despite there always being exclusives I'm sure), but they fail to realise that having Xbox and PC share a library basically means the Xbox is a great "entry point" machine for those who can't afford as good a PC.

I don't want a PC, that's a good reason to have a console.

abracadaver

Can't wait to see how multiplayer is handled.

Trying to force PC gamers to get a gold subscription again? How will Xbox gamers react if online is free on PC?

hodgy100

Huh, Forza is the top game on XB1 that I wanted to play... I would at least consider playing it on PC if this is true. Though, with all the things I've heard about the Win 10 store I'd be a bit hesitant.

id imagine the win10 store experience is no worse than experiencing the game on an X1. I mean as a PC gamer thats not ideal either and I wish they would just sell their games on steam like everyone else. But It's better than not having the games tbh

Warxard

Banned
does it support "wheels" or does it support microsoft's wheel?

because i'm sure they'll have support for their own peripherals, i'm just skeptical about a logitech wheel working

Microsoft doesn't make racing wheels anymore I thought?

I know MadCatz wheels and FX wheels work.

GHG

Yeah, I've seen countless posts on Reddit and the like where people want a GT/Forza-like game on PC. A lot of people recommend pCars or Assetto Corsa but GT/Forza are the only "my car" simulator out there. I think because of stuff like that there's definitely a market.

It'd be even better to have an incentive where current owners can have it for free, but failing that I'd gladly double-dip just to at least tell MS that this is the kind of thing I *want*.

The Forza games will sell gangbusters on the PC*. Biggest sim racing community there is.

*as long as the games support ALL existing and upcoming wheels and peripherals.

If they only support Xbox compatible wheels then Microsoft can get rekt.

Angel_DvA

But we already are on that platform. Xbox means more than your beloved console now.
Get used to it.

Xbox and Windows aren't the same for me, I bought a Xbox because of games I wanted to play like Rise, DR3, Quantum Break, Halo, Forza, KI etc...

I have a good PC ( i7 4790k + GTX 980 + 16Go ram ) and if I knew at the time that all those games would have come to PC, I wouln't have bought the Xbox One... What a waste of money, I could have get a Wii U instead, I'm disappointing with all that stuff.

I need Microsoft to get me a reason to keep my Xbox One, if this one get broken, I won't buy another one, it's the last time I get a Xbox System ever.

Juanfp

Hard for understand to some.

I hope it is crossbuy, or at least some discount.

Warxard

Banned
Yeah if Halo were to come to PC it will not have Cross-Play support. Would segment the community in terms of skill immensely.

Sucks, but 'Halo on PC' will have a big Playerbase anyway.

aeolist

Banned
Microsoft doesn't make racing wheels anymore I thought?

I know MadCatz wheels and FX wheels work.

whatever works on xbox would probably carry over to PC, i'm just skeptical that they'd add support for anything else

the really high-end stuff is almost certainly out of the question

You know I feel silly posting this but I am really starting to regret my XONE purchase.

I've had a blast with Halo 5 - most fun I've had online this gen alongside titanfall. But it was the promise of exclusives such as QB and Forza that tipped me over to buy the console. With these games coming to PC I question my purchase greatly - I've even begun to refer to it as 'HaloBox'. The Halo franchise is fantastic, in my view, but certainly not worth the purchasing a console solely for it.

Should Scalebound and Gears 4 come to PC I would also like them to move over the Halo franchise. Owning a console for a single game really bugs me!

About a year ago that only seemed remotely possible but now it really seems like it might happen.

If their newly-found investment on Windows Gaming works, then the volume of people using their store greatly increases and they will have to improve it to keep the ball rolling.

I mean, I really hope so. Steam needs a decent competitor to keep it honest, and I have nothing against Windows 10 (except for all the telemetry it sends to Microsoft even after you turn off all its telemetry stuff, but no one's quite sure what that is yet). If Windows 10 Store removes all the dumb restrictions it has on game executables and actually sticks around for good this time, then fine. It's just that Microsoft's entire modern history with PC gaming has been so horrid, and I say this as someone who rarely ran into significant issues with the GFWL overlay. Just the feeling of "oh shit past a certain date I won't be able to play this game anymore because Microsoft turned off GFWL" is bad enough to make me wary of any further initiatives.

Kezen

Banned
Xbox and Windows aren't the same for me, I bought a Xbox because of games I wanted to play like Rise, DR3, Quantum Break, Halo, Forza, KI etc...

I have a good PC ( i7 4790k + GTX 980 + 16Go ram ) and if I knew at the time that all those games would have come to PC, I wouln't have bought the Xbox One... What a waste of money, I could have get a Wii U instead, I'm disappointing with all that stuff.

I need Microsoft to get me a reason to keep my Xbox One, if this one get broken, I won't buy another one, it's the last time I get a Xbox System ever.

That's on you pal. For the rest of us more AAA games on PC is a good thing.
Sell your Xbox One and....continue spending money in the Microsoft ecosystem I guess.

Hahaha.

danmaku

It's not up to them specifically. They don't get to decide if a PC version is part of the plan.
That's Microsoft's call.

But yeah I doubt a DX12 PC build would be that huge of an investment (although far from trivial). The point of contention is of course projected sales.
I'm not shrewd market analyst but I suspect Halo the MCC would bring more revenue and cast light on their store.

MCC was a coding nightmare on X1, I don't think they want to put it on PC with thousands of different hardware configurations and compatibility problems. If they want to sell Halo as an esport game it would be better to release just Halo 5 multiplayer F2P or at a very cheap price.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You know I feel silly posting this but I am really starting to regret my XONE purchase.

I've had a blast with Halo 5 - most fun I've had online this gen alongside titanfall. But it was the promise of exclusives such as QB and Forza that tipped me over to buy the console. With these games coming to PC I question my purchase greatly - I've even begun to refer to it as 'HaloBox'. The Halo franchise is fantastic, in my view, but certainly not worth the purchasing a console solely for it.

Should Scalebound and Gears 4 come to PC I would also like them to move over the Halo franchise. Owning a console for a single game really bugs me!
It is silly. Enjoy the games as they come. Everyone wins.

xrnzaaas

That would be a dream come true. Forza series is the only thing that I truly envy the XB1 users and it's the series I've spent most time playing on a 360.

ekim

Fast forward to the event next week:
"Forza Motorsports 6 available now on Windows 10 - Free for all owners of the Xbox One version"

Teaser for FH3, full reveal at E3.

Warxard

Banned
whatever works on xbox would probably carry over to PC, i'm just skeptical that they'd add support for anything else

the really high-end stuff is almost certainly out of the question

High End Racing Wheels (Thrustmasters.) -- hell all of them are Xbox/PC compatible.

Atolm

At this point I think the next Microsoft console will be a PC with closed specs and a lite/Media Center version of the next Windows. Games for this system and regular PC would be exactly the same and totally compatible. Kinda like a Steam Machine. And upgrades each two or three years or so.

I mean, it's obvious they're moving towards unification of the Xbox brand and Windows. And launching current games for W10 reassures backwards compatibility if I'm right. They're even going the cross-buy route for them.

Kezen

Banned
MCC was a coding nightmare on X1, I don't think they want to put it on PC with thousands of different hardware configurations and compatibility problems. If they want to sell Halo as an esport game it would be better to release just Halo 5 multiplayer F2P or at a very cheap price.

APIs exist for a reason. Plenty of complex games work very well across a wide range of PC hardware, and you don't have to support more an 4-5 years of GPUs.

DX12 does not mean zero abstraction either so your point about the different hardware combinations is weak.

Halo 5 MP F2P would bomb horribly, PC gamers don't want a second grade Halo experience (just take a few seconds to think why Halo online is Russia only).

I'm not saying it will happen at all, but I can see the numbers working very well. The demand is undisputably there.

Warxard

Banned
Would they cap Forza Horizon to 1080p30 so Xbone players aren't at a competitive disadvantage?

Framerate puts people at a competitive disadvantage?

....Just sell your console.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
does it support "wheels" or does it support microsoft's wheel?

because i'm sure they'll have support for their own peripherals, i'm just skeptical about a logitech wheel working

Works with thrust master and Logitech wheels (maybe only the new Logitech one though?)

Can't wait to see how multiplayer is handled.

Trying to force PC gamers to get a gold subscription again? How will Xbox gamers react if online is free on PC?

Microsoft don't care, you'd have to create a massive pr shitstorm rivaling the XB1 release to even get their attention. Didn't happen with already existing games, won't happen with those games!

M.D

I don't really understand your point. PC is the one now getting Xbox games, how does it turn the One into a great entry point for those who can't afford a good PC? It was always there for people who wanted it

PC getting all these games isn't going to change the perception that these are Xbox games

yuraya

At this point I think the next Microsoft console will be a PC with closed specs and a lite/Media Center version of the next Windows. Games for this system and regular PC would be exactly the same and totally compatible. Kinda like a Steam Machine. And upgrades each two or three years or so.

I mean, it's obvious they're moving towards unification of the Xbox brand and Windows.

Pretty much. I don't see any reason for them to create a new operating system or a new modified version of Win10 for a a new console. It would be a waste of time/money for them.

I would assume next console will be the true all in one entertainment system where you will be able to play anything from Steam, Origin, Win10 store, GOG and Uplay. It would be the smartest thing they can do and I think it will be very successful. It will appeal to a lot of people if they can do a good job with the marketing and price. The big thing for them is going to be convincing pc gamers to subscribe for XBL because I don't see them doing away with it.

Edit: I'm also expecting them to release and incorporate that 360 emulator into Win10 store as well. Its just an emulator after all so there is no reason not to do it.

Top Bottom