• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR - Freddy Krueger Next Dead By Daylight DLC

The PC version was data mined sometime last month and references to a "SANDMAN" were found in the file. The community thought it was for sure Freddy Krueger but we may have gotten some confirmation today

A post on the Steam forums contained this:

Next Killer: the Sandmann aka Freddy Krueger LEAKED Sound Files Extracted the sound Files from the Game.
Killer: Sandman Weapon: ClawedGlove Ability: Dreammaster Survivor: Kate Denson
(If you hear sound File #10 you hear the freddy krueger song)
Have Fun.

Here is a clip with the sound files found within the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCW4Ot8MEuY

Last year for Halloween Michael Myers was released alongside Lauri Strode, last month Leatherface came as a standalone character.

First Michael Myers, then Leather face, now Freddy? Godamn DBD is doing well for itself.

Now they just need to add more iconic counselors like they did with Bill from L4D.

Played the game last week I believe when it was free but while I found it pretty scary/funny at first the gameplay became to repetitive. There should be different modes instead of just the generator ones for the survivors.

While I am not a big fan of what the devs are doing in regards to coddling survivor players/streamers by balancing the game further and further into their favour, they certainly are not sparing any expenses with fan service and also trying to bring out new content on a regular basis.

Stalwart

I don't get why the survivor file is calling her Kate instead of Nancy. Only seen the original movie.

While I am not a big fan of what the devs are doing in regards to coddling survivor players/streamers by balancing the game further and further into their favour, they certainly are not sparing any expenses with fan service and also trying to bring out new content on a regular basis.

What? Practically every update is in favour of killers, not survivors.

I don't get why the survivor file is calling her Kate instead of Nancy. Only seen the original movie.

It might be an original character, or a placeholder name.

What? Practically every update is in favour of killers, not survivors.

And you think killer players quitting over the balance comes out of nowhere? The Doctor changes were good, but he's still not a great killer. And the changes to Selfcare was pretty much a slap in the face.

Thanks to Borrowed Time, most of all, the game is heavily favouring survivors. There's also tactics like the super flashlight or pallet/window loops that make playing killer incredibly frustrating.

Stalwart

And you think killer players quitting over the balance comes out of nowhere?

All you said was the devs are "coddling survivor players/streamers by balancing the game further and further into their favour" when that's literally the exact opposite of what they're doing.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Are we sure these sound samples are real? They sound like a fan imitation or something. That can't be professional voice acting, even if only for laughs and grunts.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Are we sure these sound samples are real? They sound like a fan imitation or something. That can't be professional voice acting, even if only for laughs and grunts.

This game revels in having extremely cheesy voice acting.

All you said was the devs are "coddling survivor players/streamers by balancing the game further and further into their favour" when that's literally the exact opposite of what they're doing.

Granted, I haven't been paying a lot of attention since before Leatherface's release, so I don't know if there have been recent changes that completely turned everything around, but from what I hear of the current state of the game, nothing really has changed in the grand scheme of things.

And sure, they have made very minor changes. But these changes are not as far as they should go because they are scared of the backlash from survivor players. Instead of, as many people have for instance suggested, giving Selfcare a limited amount of charges, they just made the effect of health kits for self healing a bit less, which is... not exactly solving the problem.

The Doctor rework was a decent step, but there's also the Wraith who has been garbage since the game's release.

And then they come out with another set of perks for survivors that are incredibly strong with King's release, and Borrowed Time is still untouched.

Which is crazy considering Freddy is owned by the same company who own Jason.

Currently that is actually not true. Jason is owned by Paramount and Freddy is owned by Warner Bros. But, Paramount actually traded off the Friday the 13th franchise rights to Warner Bros. in exchange for distributing Christopher Nolan's Interstellar as well as a few other movies in 2014. So all franchise rights will be transferred to WB in 2018 if articles like these are correct.

Paramount currently owns all of Friday the 13th iirc and the rights for the Jason character is supposed to revert to New Line next year

Beaten, but yeah this.

Man this game is really eating Friday the 13th's lunch when it comes to famous slasher film characters.
I prefer what Friday is doing though. The slower horror atmosphere is much funner to watch, IMO. I dont like playing it, but get a kick outta watching my friend play.

This game revels in having extremely cheesy voice acting.

Granted, I haven't been paying a lot of attention since before Leatherface's release, so I don't know if there have been recent changes that completely turned everything around, but from what I hear of the current state of the game, nothing really has changed in the grand scheme of things.

And sure, they have made very minor changes. But these changes are not as far as they should go because they are scared of the backlash from survivor players. Instead of, as many people have for instance suggested, giving Selfcare a limited amount of charges, they just made the effect of health kits for self healing a bit less, which is... not exactly solving the problem.

The Doctor rework was a decent step, but there's also the Wraith who has been garbage since the game's release.

And then they come out with another set of perks for survivors that are incredibly strong with King's release, and Borrowed Time is still untouched.

Borrowed time just got nerfed heavily (though it could still go further IMO) and the Wraith rework is coming up after the Halloween event. They've discussed some of the changes such as a 1 second cloak, no speed decrease while uncloaking and breaking gens and pallets while cloaked.

Also Leatherface added BBQ & Chili which lets you see all survivors further than 36 meters from the hook when you hook somebody and has a similar BP boost to WGLF

Paramount currently owns all of Friday the 13th iirc and the rights for the Jason character is supposed to revert to New Line next year

Currently that is actually not true. Jason is owned by Paramount and Freddy is owned by Warner Bros. But, Paramount actually traded off the Friday the 13th franchise rights to Warner Bros. in exchange for distributing Christopher Nolan's Interstellar as well as a few other movies in 2014. So all franchise rights will be transferred to WB in 2018 if articles like these are correct.

Ahhh, okay. Thanks for the info

Obscura

Goddamnit. I hope this isn't true. Unless they plan on revealing some sort of overhaul to how the game works I don't think Freddy makes any sense being in DbD. At best he'll be a massively neutered version of what he could be. He is the only horror icon that can actually carry his own game thanks to the limitless possibilities of dream manipulation (maybe Pinhead aswell for a similar reason). No Robert Englund either presumably.

Borrowed time just got nerfed heavily (though it could still go further IMO) and the Wraith rework is coming up after the Halloween event. They've discussed some of the changes such as a 1 second cloak, no speed decrease while uncloaking and breaking gens and pallets while cloaked.

Ah, that is actually encouraging to read. Didn't know at all about the Wraith rework, either.
I'm still skeptical because the past year the devs have promised fixing things and then implementing some kind of half-assed thing (e.g. infinites still being a problem or that "nerf" to Selfcare), but at the very least they're now finally aware that there are issues for killers.

Because the last time I heard from the devs about Borrowed Time, they said that (paraphrasing here) the counter to it is to simply rely on the survivors not knowing how it works. That's when I gave up on the game, really.

If they are going to address those issues, consider what I said moot.

Oh shit. This is big.

Gimme Chucky and pennywise next

In a recent developer stream the developers made a comment about how "they had a party but all that was left after were red balloons"

Either they're big Goldfinger fans, trying to hint towards Pennywise or just taking the piss.

In a recent developer stream the developers made a comment about how "they had a party but all that was left after were red balloons"

Either they're big Goldfinger fans, trying to hint towards Pennywise or just taking the piss.

Oh shit. That’s insane. This game is so good

Stalwart

Borrowed Time has been cut in half, 2 of David's 3 perks are garbage and the third is just a replacement SB, giving Self Care limited charges would do literally nothing as you rarely heal yourself more than 2 times in a single game, Leatherface has strong perks, Huntress is a strong killer, Doctor has been buffed to not be complete garbage + Hag and Wraith buffs are coming soon, Bloodlust is a thing, pallets have been reduced across most of the maps, vaulting has been made faster for killers making them a deathtrap for survivors, etc.

If you're not going to keep track of changes I'm not sure why you're trying to speak on the balance of the game.

If you're not going to keep track of changes I'm not sure why you're trying to speak on the balance of the game.

I guess that's fair enough, and mea culpa for not looking up the more recent changes. But to explain my position a bit further: I quit the game shortly before Leatherface came out because I was just utterly frustrated with its state and the developers' statements about that state were all but encouraging. None of my friends who still play the game have mentioned the changes to me either, so I just assumed things still were how they were before.

Top Bottom