• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (from 2009): Uncharted Movie: Nathan Drake's Actor Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's a videogame movie, it's very rare for them to get A list talent.

Then get a b-list guy, Boreanz is borderline b-list, or get someone like Bradley Cooper, Fillion isn't movie material.

Kittonwy

Banned
Baller said:
Could work.

Do all you people with your Nolan Norths and Nathan Fillions just want this film to fail? Nobody has ever heard of those guys. I've read the entire thread and still don't know who the fuck they are.

Uncharted needs motherfucking star power. MC is kind of a doucher, but he could play the part.

Robert Downey Jr is way too short, you can't even PRETEND he's tall enough.

How is Boreanaz borderline B list while Fillion is just a C list actor? Castle averages higher ratings than Bones does. And as mentioned, that show pretty much relies entirely on Fillion.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
Fillion is too old.
Old or not, he's this movie's one chance to avoid sucking completely in my opinion. He's really so much like the Drake's character, except yes, somewhat older. That same combination of witty, deadly, and righteous kind of hero has been in his captain from Firefly, as it's been with Drake in Uncharted, so he can definitely pull it off.

JDSN

Banned
Way to be cliched, suggesting C-list actors from shitty canceled sci-fi shows. Im surprised no one has suggested Zoey Deschanel or Bale for the role of Nathan.

edgefusion said:
You're interested in Uncharted enough to enter a thread about an uncharted movie but you don't know who Nolan North is?
I'm sorry, do people usually care to know the names of videogame voice actors? I know that David Hayter was Snake, because at the time MGS was one of the first games with decent VO. Now it's common.

So to answer your question, yes. I had no idea who voiced Nathan Drake until I read this thread. I didn't care. Maybe that makes me weird. I doubt it.

jediyoshi

Love Nolan North, dunno how I'd feel about him on the actual screen.

EW_actors--article_image.jpg

The voice actors for Sully and Elena could probably get by though.

chiba

This has probably been said already, and will probably never happen, but Nathan Fillion with Emily Rose playing Elena. Fillions perfect for it, and Elena wouldn't be the same without Rose's weird voice.

ND, don't let a movie kill your game.

I want the Bioshock movie. The Rapture portion of the Bioshock series seems dead so you probably can't kill it.

thcsquad

Quincey said:
For all the people who are saying they want Nolan North, does anyone know if he is actually a good actor? Sure he does a lot of voice acting, but there is a difference between that and actual acting.

I think the key is that he doesn't just do voice, he does motion capture for Uncharted as well. And it's all at the same time, there is no voiceover booth. They act the scenes like a real movie scene, but just the mocap and audio is used.

I'd be confident in Nolan North doing well in the role, but it wouldn't work commercially. Nathan Fillion would also be perfect for it, and he's closer to commercially viable than Nolan North (because of Castle) but they'll probably go with somebody bigger.

Jimrpg

mcconnahey - seems like the movie producers from hollywood have read a one line description of the game and decided to cast someone who will bring in the general mainstream rather than being faithful to the game.

it was an inevitable choice...

Dreohboy

DigitalDevil said:
Nathan Fillion or bust.

The guy could pull it off...like 10 years ago.

And not because of his age (I'm about to turn 42 and I can pass for my mid 30s....168lbs 5' 10")

I may be wrong, but I'd expect a Drake character to be kinda athletic as well as look the part.

Fillion is a tad to BIG a guy to play Nathan IMHO.

Noshino

sparky2112 said:
Fillion: Christ, GAF, man crush much? :lol :lol :lol

Fillion himself wants to play the character
Amy Henning would like him to be Drake

And the guy IS basically a mirror image, personality wise, of Drake

If anything, GAF's desire for Fillion to play Drake are finally on the spot

scitek

How tall/heavy is Nathan Drake supposed to be? Boreanaz is exactly the same size as me, 6'1" ~215. Not a small guy by any stretch.

I wish they had just said "f*** it" and decided to make this a big, blockbuster, 3D, ANIMATED CGI movie, using similar motion capture tech as Avatar.

Then we could have our Nolan North and Emily Rose, and cast "BIG names" to do the voices for the villains/surrounding characters to sell the movie to the mainstream, and we could get a glimpse of what Uncharted 12 might look like on the PS6.

Animated 3D movies do good business, and teens and adults are getting used to going to see them without the old stigmas attached. Why couldn't Uncharted just be animated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom