• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (from 2009): Uncharted Movie: Nathan Drake's Actor Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Some of you may remember a few months back when Avi and Ari Arad, the people who revitalized Marvel's comic book film business, announced they were going to try to do the same for video games movies. They also announced that their first four projects in this effort would be films based upon Lost Planet, Everquest, Mass Effect, and Uncharted.

Well, today it seems that we may have found out who is going to play the role of Nathan Drake in the Uncharted film. That person? Matthew McConaughey.

This is of course far from confirmed, but it seems fairly plausible, and it even kind of sounds like something Sony might have announced at their PlayStation conference, so I thought I would post it up.

ThePlaystatioNetwork said:
We’ve received a tip off about casting for a possible Uncharted movie and it sounds…reasonable.

Our anonymous tipster has informed us that Matthew McConaughey is being lined up as the star of a movie based on the Uncharted franchise. Now obviously, we aren’t a movies site but an Uncharted movie is definitely of interest to us.

It seems a little bit of a long shot, but after perusing IMDB, I can definitely see how the Wedding Planner actor could fit the role of Nathan Drake. Our tipster couldn’t give us any more information, but the game definitely has the feel of a movie and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was true.

We’ve contacted Naughty Dog about this rumor, but are yet to recieve comment. Hopefully they’ll respond soon.

Source: http://www.theplaystationetwork.com/mcconaugheys-fortune/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!
:mad:

He seems a little too pretty boy to be able to do Nathan justice.

What does Nick North look like in person? Why not just get him?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why bother making a movie? It's just gonna make the game worse since they have to pull resources into making a movie that's obviously going to suck

Thrakier

Do not want.

photo01.jpg

Wario64 said:
Why bother making a movie? It's just gonna make the game worse since they have to pull resources into making a movie that's obviously going to suck
Wario, you've killed the joke. :|

I AM JOHN! said:

Because he's a no name to this side of the industry ...I agree though, if he got into shape I think he could do it justic

Nathan Fillion also would have been a logical choice.

I'm suspecting the movie Sahara factored into this decision somehow if true

Please no.

He ruined a decent character in Sahara and now he'd ruin Nate.

They might as well announce Uwe Boll as the director.

Calcaneus said:
I will not accept a live-action Nathan Drake that isn't a fusion of Nathan Fillion and Brendan Frasier.

Certainly couldn't be Brendan Frasier though ...dude has already type-casted himself enough with genre films

Flyguy said:
Lots of dudes with boners for Nathan Fillion in the thread.

I'm not a fan really ...I've just casually seen what he's been in over the years and he does make alot of sense

Kinda like Jim Carrey made sense with The Riddler years back

firex

McConaughey is too cool for this role. not saying "lol Nathan Drake is lame" but I mean like his personality and so on just doesn't really fit the character.

Should've gotten Matt Damon, if you ask me, although I bet he'd have been like "a videogame movie? fuck that I'm a serious actor" and then go do another Bourne movie.

AgentOtaku said:
Because he's a no name to this side of the industry ...I agree though, if he got into shape I think he could do it justic

Nathan Fillion also would have been a logical choice.

I'm suspecting the movie Sahara factored into this decision somehow if true
Who is this Nathan Fillion guy? I've never even heard of him.

In b4 Let Me Google That For You.

RavenFox

Banned
That dude fucked up Sahara or maybe it was the script. A movie made from one of the best Dirk Pitt series from the Author Clive Cussler. WTF NG WTF?
You can never be DIRK PITT McConaughey and so and Never be Nathan Drake

jts

...hate me...
Wario64 said:
So that's what's going on at the MP Uncharted 2 thread. I don't go there because I'm on a total media blockout but that's predictable. Damn haterz :mad:

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My picks:
Brad Pitt
Jhonny Depp
Ted Price

jts

...hate me...
I AM JOHN! said:
Who is this Nathan Fillion guy? I've never even heard of him.

In b4 Let Me Google That For You.
I image googled just the word Fillion with the safesearch turned off. Yeah, don't do that.

Kittonwy

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:

Nolan North looks ok, he's a soap actor. I don't get the hate on McConaughey.
Indifferent2.gif

JdFoX187

Banned
The one thing I hate about movies like this based off video games is how the character is so central and so iconic to the story that anyone else that looks or sounds even the slightest bit different is going to seem like a cheap ripoff. Uncharted is movie-like on its own. We don't need a movie based of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom