• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Gary Whitta claims Sony paid to keep Cult of the Lamb off Game Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member

Some nobody on Twitter is our source here

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
And it's not even on PS+? Fake news.

Sony just released a trailer for A Plague Tale and it's on Game Pass. They did the same for Trek to Yomi. They are not blocking every game they advertise.

You guys need to find another bogeyman and blame someone else.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't see what the problem is here, It's nothing new and nothing underhand.

Sony are promoting Cult of Lamb pretty heavily, almost as if it is first party, as part of marketing deal the devs (or publisher) are probably receiving some decent money and there will be caveats to protect Sony promoting the game and other services 'giving it away'.

If you want to paint it as Sony paying to keep it off gamepass then 🤷‍♂️

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So what if they did? No doubt a better deal for the devs than just dumping it out onto GP.

I mean, it seems to me that when it comes to Game Pass, its a "the service is the star" type situation. I don't see it building up anything, but itself.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
This is the same guy who quit GAF when he got hired to write the first draft of Rogue One, but quickly came back and edited all of his FUCK GEORGE LUCAS posts so his new bosses wouldn’t see how much he hated them.
Are you jealous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom