• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrV4ltor

I'm guessig up to 1080p, but 900p will be the standard for most games.
Also sensor bar is a bit worrying to me. Don't want any more waggle controls.

OBias

Why would Nintendo bother to implement 4K support specifically for video streaming? They don't care about media playback features... or they didn't until now.

iMax

900p? Damn NXbox, why you do this to me.

That's not a hardware limitation. Some Xbox One/PS4 games run at 900/30p, others at 1080/60. All depends on how far they're pushing the tech they've got.

I can see a game like Zelda running at 900p. But you can just as easily see SMB running at 1080p/60.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
900p/60fps is a pretty weird specification to put in a survey like this.

I mean, if that's Nintendo's internal target, I guess most of their games in a given generation run at the same framerate/resolution as opposed to some publishers like EA, but it seems like kind of an odd distinction.

Nothing else here seems to stick out beyond what we already expected.

They list a sensor bar but no power adapter?

Also even Wii U never listed 720p games. It had an upscaler like other consoles for 1080p. Why would they list specific resolutions?

TimmiT

900p/60fps makes this sound like bullshit. Not every game on the system is going to run at the same framerate cap and resolution.

kiguel182

Hopefully it's cheap. That's all it needs to be I think.

Same thing for the handled. Really curious on what they are doing.

Sir TapTap

Would nintendo really do 900p? That's super suspect. They don't have the best IQ but to my knowledge they've at least had the decency to use standard resolutions thus far.

Also there's no way "donkey kong" would make that list. Gotta assume fake. And as hilariously out of touch as Nintendo has been (and they're improving) I doubt they'd list video calls and surfing the web on your TV features, not after the Wii U/Xbone situations.

Uh oh, here comes the "Only 900p slaughter" :< this is to be taken with a grain of salt, guys

I like that they're focusing on 60fps, it seems

il_570xN.573351669_4ilj.jpg

See you on PS5/XboxWhatever, Ninty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom