• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Giant monsters in Titanfall (ad)?

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://twitter.com/jwhdavison/status/435904855295528960

John Davison
‏@jwhdavison
Pretty excited about the news of monsters in Titanfall…and the latest ad certainly confirms it

7jZ105K.png

That would certainly explain the existence of Titans in the game's universe.

EDIT: DAMN YOU, AMIROX!

Alchemy

I want to say I like the idea, but I'm getting a very "CPU controlled element used to keep the skill ceiling crushed" vibe from a lot of Titanfall now.

R3TRODYCE

This game just keeps getting better. I tried to hop on BF4 and COD after playing the beta and they felt so bland.

Busty

Banned
Isn't it possible that the monsters form part of the back story and aren't actually part of the game itself?

After all it's not as if the game has a single player campaign in which the narrative can play out so that might be why we haven't heard anything about them yet.

That or they are
DLC.

David___

Banned
To fight a monster, we created a monster of our own. The Titan program was born. There were setbacks at first. The pressure from Activision was too much for us to get the Titan program started. We found a new hope, the EA Partners program. With it, we could decide what to do with our game while owning it. We started winning. Titans stopping generic shooters everywhere. But the games were only as good as the developers. So Respawn devs turned into rockstars. Call of Duties turned to memes. Battlefield turned into a joke. We got really good at it, making good games. Then, EA purchased us.

Alienous

To fight a monster, we created a monster of our own. The Titan program was born. There were setbacks at first. The pressure from Activision was too much for us to get the Titan program started. We found a new hope, the EA Partners program. With it, we could decide what to do with our game while owning it. We started winning. Titans stopping generic shooters everywhere. But the games were only as good as the developers. So Respawn devs turned into rockstars. Call of Duties turned to memes. Battlefield turned into a joke. We got really good at it, making good games. Then, EA purchased us.

Well%2Bdone%2BOP.%2Bgif%2Bvery%2Brelated%2B_8672d6ba91435dc5244ca005c5f5d1a2.gif

lmao

FStop7

Banned

Then why... never mind.

There are a lot of things about the way this game is that I don't get.

Fuck it, I'll say it - giant monsters in the background and ships doing things at low altitudes are an interesting way to feign a bit more depth in a game that looks shallow at its heart.

Raonak

Banned
Wow. I don't have that much interest in titanfall at the moment (MP only and all that)... but damn, would mechs vs giant monsters make me legitimately excited for the game.

Talked to a contact at EA I trust explicitly. The monsters are in the skybox. There's one MP-story based fight with a non-human that could hardly be called a "giant monster."

Yeah, I know, I only deliver bad news for the xbox because I hate them or something. Titanfall is fucking rad. Buy it. But it won't have giant monsters. Sorry :/

Talked to a contact at EA I trust explicitly. The monsters are in the skybox. There's one MP-story based fight with a non-human that could hardly be called a "giant monster."

Yeah, I know, I only deliver bad news for the xbox because I hate them or something. Titanfall is fucking rad. Buy it. But it won't have giant monsters. Sorry :/

Not really surprising. EA's been pushing for them to distance themselves from anything that could be seen as an "anime" reference - remember, they're always Titans in official pressers, not "mecha" - because of their target audience for the game. I really can't see them letting kaiju in with that line of thinking.

Kagey K

Banned

Up until this news no one expected it to have monsters and judging by the replies not many care, but those that care, care a lot. Seemed cool but wierd and one more thing to distract from the core game, like there isn't enough going on already.

Edit I know personally I wasn't playing the beta and thinking "oh man I wish there were gigantic monsters I could fight while holding off the enemy titans."

Jito

Banned
Then why... never mind.

There are a lot of things about the way this game is that I don't get.

Fuck it, I'll say it - giant monsters in the background and ships doing things at low altitudes are an interesting way to feign a bit more depth in a game that looks shallow at its heart.

Yeh fuck this game for having animated skyboxes, we should just fight in white giants cubes. More like you guys made some Crazy assumptions, like if that thing even entered the arena how would you fight it? Use your head guys.

Blablurn

fuck :(

iMxqoHaFkWVo8.gif

M*A*S*H

What about the flying monsters in boneyard?

(Mentioned in second paragraph here: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/titanfall/b/xboxone/archive/2014/02/12/respawn-reveals-boneyard-map-new-mode-and-burn-card-perks.aspx)

Top Bottom