• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto 3 Remaster May Be Coming Soon.

Wonko_C

Finally. The only GTA game I care about. I didn't really feel Vice City nor San Andreas. GTAIV brought me back just because it's set in Liberty City again but it wasn't the same, it did't feel arcadey like GTA3.

I have this idealized version of NY in my head from watching too many TMNT cartoons and playing the games, then Spider-Man, etc. LOL.

NYC is one of the places in the world I would like to visit at least once in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Soltype

Finally. The only GTA game I care about. I didn't really feel Vice City nor San Andreas. GTAIV brought me back just because it's set in Liberty City again but it wasn't the same, it did't feel arcadey like GTA3.

I have this idealized version of NY in my head from watching too many TMNT cartoons and playing the games, then Spider-Man, etc. LOL.

NYC is one of the places in the world I would like to visit at least once in my lifetime.
For such a primitive game GTA 3 surprisingly captured the feel of New York in some ways. The cold depressing feeling of GTA3, that's definitely New York. I can't speak for everyone but New York is not worth visiting anymore, the city is just too sterile now

MadAnon

I'm all for Resident Evil 2 type of remake. Otherwise don't see the point. The game is way too outdated.

Last edited:
Grand Theft Auto III is one of my favorite games and easily my favorite entry in the series. I've replayed and completed it multiple times on the PS2 and Steam. I know the map of Liberty City like the back of my hand and find that the radio stations (Head, MSX, Rise, Chatterbox) compliment the city's moody, often overcast or rainy, atmosphere perfectly.

Personally, an ideal remake of the 3D era GTA games for me would be to see Liberty City, Vice City and the state of San Andreas combined into one large multi-state map. It's something I thought about when stopping at the blocked exit to Upstate in Shoreside Vale. Where would this road lead to if only the PS2/Xbox were far more powerful consoles? Maybe in a different timeline where Rockstar further modified the engine to San Andreas (which if I remember correctly was already modified from the original Manhunt).

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
A simple remaster makes no sense considering there is already the emulated version available on PSN. So they gonna release the same game just with better resolution? Yeah, rite...

MAtgS

There better be a Switch version. GTAV has been the most requested port since Day 1 and yet there's been nothing.

Probably a remake under disguise like Spyro trilogy or Crash, but still not the GTA I hoped
A GTA San Andreas remake could sell an unimaginable number of copies

iBeastSlayer-

Neo Member
By the way, still waiting for that LCS / VCS remasters on PS4 like it was leaked years ago

There better be a Switch version. GTAV has been the most requested port since Day 1 and yet there's been nothing.
No way it’s happening. Switch fan base still not solid as PS4 and Xbox One are.
That game need to be played on a console that can handle in it’s full capacity.

Let’s be honest, Switch version will be even worse than a PS3 / 360 version

Last edited:

iBeastSlayer-

Neo Member
No way it’s happening. Switch fan base still not solid as PS4 and Xbox One are.
That game need to be played on a console that can handle in it’s full capacity.

Let’s be honest, Switch version will be even worse tha a PS3 / 360 version

Dada55000

Switch is not as powerful as PS4/Xbox One but it is more powerful than PS3/Xbox 360.
GTAV exists for Online at this point as far as Take2 is concerned. They stopped supporting PS360 4 years ago because of hardware limitations, mainly memory iirc and Online has been targeting current gen ever since. SP would probably scale down, even if it's a pretty graceless version, but fully patched Online less so. If they can't get Online fully running, they won't bother. Need that sharkcard money.

I really don’t see this being a remaster (and honestly this would be one of my least favorite ones to remaster, gimme IV/VC first!) but probably a new port.

A Switch port would be pretty damn cool I guess. Especially if Vice City and San Andreas follow.

Froschi

Instabuy. Played GTA 3 two weeks ago on my original Xbox, and it still is a ton of fun. Yes, of course it looks dated but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. The city is still amazingly designed, the missions are a lot of fun, the soundtrack rocks, the controls are spot-on. I would very much welcome a remaster on modern systems.

Top Bottom