• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 'Half-Life: Alyx' is coming to PlayStation VR2*

https://news.nweon.com/105409
https://news-nweon-com.translate.goog/105409?_x_tr_sl=zh-CN&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
Well-known VR industry whistleblower Brad Lynch (Brad Lynch) recently posted a screenshot on Twitter . Among them, in a video introducing the upcoming PSVR 2 game on PlayStation's official YouTube channel, "Half-Life: Alix" appeared at the bottom of the page. But for this hyperlink, Lynch himself could not be sure whether it was manually added by Sony officials.

As a popular masterpiece in PC VR games, Valve's "Half-Life: Alyx" has always been a game that other platforms can't ask for. For example, the PSVR community has been discussing whether Sony could negotiate with Valve and bring it to said console.

In fact, Nick Baker (Nick Baker), founder of the Xbox and console game intelligence blog XboxEra, tweeted in January 2022 that Sony was indeed negotiating with Valve on related matters. He wrote at the time: "From what I've heard, they are indeed talking. Not sure when that will happen."

In addition, The Leak, a news website that focuses on breaking news in the industry, quoted people familiar with the matter in October 2022 as saying that Sony had reached an agreement with Valve, and "Half-Life: Alix" will land on PSVR 2 in 2023.

Of course, neither Sony nor Valve have commented so far.

For Lynch's screenshots, although the Up master can add them manually, it does not rule out that Youtube automatically recommends them according to the algorithm. For PSVR 2, this headset currently supports masterpieces such as "Horizon: Call of the Mountain", and if it can win V agency's PC VR popular content "Half-Life: Alix", I believe this should be greatly improved The value of the headset.
db293bd665cf3d2f319184a851efe8d2.jpg

It's happening?

*The twitter thread isn't entirely clear on this.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Megaton if true
nuclear explosion GIF

Yes it would be megaton because it's the best game in its genre, and thus PSVR2 players would have something really special to look forward to. It wouldn't be a megaton surprise however since many of us have suspected it probably could happen, we'll see. Although of course with that said, Valve make their own headsets.. so.. yeah, idk.. Man, I have to finish this game sometime..

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

No doubt it will. One of the best VR games I experienced, personally. Unfortunately just lost interest half way through.

But to be fair, I haven't played a VR game that grabbed me SO hard I couldn't stop.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The world will end if this happens. Expect 1 million purchases if this happens.

Rush2112

Banned
Then why not officially announce it? Sony wants to keep this a secret so less people will buy their headsets?

Sony: "Yeah, guys dont let people know about the valve deal ok? It might increase the sales. We might make more money. Lets just keep it a secret for.....reasons."

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Today? No

Later this year? Maybe.

If they wanted to announce Alyx, they would have announce it as a major PSVR2 game for the release lineup. It doesnt make much sense to announce it today.

The Launch Window is this week ,and i dont see Sony/Valve shadowdropping this game

Last edited:

jm89

All those oily massages jimbos been giving to gaben is gonna pay off. Get in there jimbo, don't be shy.

Last edited:

SCB3

No lie this is the game that would sell me completely on a PS VR 2, GT7, Beat Saber and RE Village being the others

Roxkis_ii

Man, I actually always wanted to play Half-Life: Alyx. I would be very tempted to grab a psvr 2 if the games was released on it.

Crayon

Been awhile since we had a real megaton.

I haven't played it, but I think people have been putting this game on too high a pedestal for too long. You have to remember that relativeley few people had access to it, especiall when it camme out, and many of them would be inclined to sing it from the rooftops that it's god's gift. I look forward to the dissapointment backlash threads lol. Actually, it's still going to be few people so it might just happen all over again.

Their PR department is desperate, they are doing extremely low numbers at Twitch. It's a disaster.

Interesting. What are the numbers like? Compared to something else, I suppose. I was actually trying to figure out what was good or bad youtube viees last week and I know little about how to effectively do that.

FingerBang

I see no reason why Valve wouldn't do this. I don't know how reliable this is as a rumor, but I expected this announcement since they announced PSVR2.

PSVR2 is pretty much the only other mainstream VR platform that can run this game.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Would be great news, but Horizon already gave me my Alyx moment, and RE8 will probably as well. I could be wrong and I intend to go in blind either way, but I think having access to higher quality games like those will lessen Alyx's impact a little.

We'll see, I'll definitely get it whenever it releases, as AAA games really are something else and it's not like there's that many choices of that degree of quality right now or even a little down the road.

lukilladog

I see no reason why Valve wouldn't do this. I don't know how reliable this is as a rumor, but I expected this announcement since they announced PSVR2.

PSVR2 is pretty much the only other mainstream VR platform that can run this game.

You know that Alyx was made to sell Valve's headset, yes it's compatible with other PC devices but that is because Valve has them as regular clients on their platform. Psvr2 is competing with all of that.

Interfectum

Their PR department is desperate, they are doing extremely low numbers at Twitch. It's a disaster.
Calm down with the drama please. You have one metric, Twitch viewers, and the cream of the crop, the much hyped "half life 3" only garnered 70k views on it during launch. It's probably not the best barometer for success in VR.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Calm down with the drama please. You have one metric, Twitch viewers, and the cream of the crop, the much hyped "half life 3" only garnered 70k views on it during launch. It's probably not the best barometer for success in VR.

Oh please, lots of Psvr1 games did better than this, which is not a minor franchise in any way.

Ps.- 142 viewers now after the Italian left :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

Crayon

You know that Alyx was made to sell Valve's headset, yes it's compatible with other PC devices but that is because Valve has them as regular clients on their platform. Psvr2 is competing with all of that.
It was not made to sell the index. It had no particular requirements for headset or controllers. People were playing the thing on their quests and wmr's. It was made to boost the VR market in general. That is way more involved interest for the long term. And they make longer plays than most other companies. Much longer, in fact.

Top Bottom