• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Harmonix's new game was at E3 Judge's Day

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And thus presumably is at E3.

harmonixlosjv.png

Source: https://twitter.com/bosjbug/status/337755480447385600

Will it be a xbox exclusive?

They have a bunch of games in development, I would be surprised if one of them wasn't a new Dance Central.

I do wonder if the rumour i heard about them working with Disney on a musical game for 2014 turns out to be a thing.

II do hope they fan out and explore what they can do with music in genres outside plastic peripheral rhythm games

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Dance Central 4 for Kinect 2.0?
I hope they don't call it that. I'm sure for a marketing perspective numbered sequels make sense, but I really detest it. Attaching a word or phrase to a sequel to me makes it seem more special than just anothe iteration. Even with Call of Duty this was true for a Modern Warefare, World at War and Black Ops.

It wouldn't be Dance Central 4 since they let go the majority of specialized staff for those last year (The choreographers for DC along with some of the charters and audio team for Rock Band were the ones who were let go as far as I remember). So I'd be 99% sure its a new IP unless they are doing something for a publisher with a franchise.

Alex Riguopolis was in the PS4 video so it could be something multi-platform for them.

Overboost

My money's on a new 3D platformer IP! Blitz Mittz 3D: Mittz Takes Manhattan

You play as Mittz, a spunky raccoon with a penchant for rock n' roll! And for the ultimate finely-tuned controller experience, don't forget to put on your very own pair of Blitz Mittz™, included in every retail copy!

A1kSoPtCEAA2ZuV.jpg

jbug617

Banned
That's my twitter responding to supererogatory. I follow a couple of Harmonix guys on twitter and I noticed they went to LA during judges week and then went to San Francisco.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't wait to hear everything there is to know about that game in multiple live stream on Giantbomb.com, my source of everything Harmonix.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I do wonder if the rumour i heard about them working with Disney on a musical game for 2014 turns out to be a thing.
Well let's say - and I'm stopping here - you'll be hearing a lot of the word "F" from them in the coming weeks :)
Do you mean letter "F" rather than word? Wonder if there is anything to these two posts jammed together—Disney does have a relatively famous musical IP that starts with an F.

fantasia.jpg

libregkd

Maybe its for sure a Xbox One/PS4 title? IIRC Alex Rigopulas was one of the third party devs talking about the PS4 in that Dev video they played at the Playstation Event and I really doubt they are making a PS4 exclusive game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I really doubt it's a music game.

They were looking for open world and action/adventure combat designers, but f2p wouldn't be an unreasonable guess given they have three projects.

I do think First Person Shooter is on the table however.

ReaperXL7

Maybe its for sure a Xbox One/PS4 title? IIRC Alex Rigopulas was one of the third party devs talking about the PS4 in that Dev video they played at the Playstation Event and I really doubt they are making a PS4 exclusive game.

Yes he was, I wonder if that video was really highlighting some of the devs we can expect for Sonys E3 presentation. Should be interesting to find out. If its true I wonder what doublefine could be brining, though it could just be their kickstarter game.

It will be a fighting game. You can handle combos and stuff through perfect timing and rhythm. Would make sense for a company whose current generation offerings were about precision timing... that is my guess.

Top Bottom