• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

dmr87

AXNb.png

Yikes, I suppose I'll chime in since that was taken way farther than I thought. Honestly it was just a general comment, obviously the whole point of the 4k is better looking games, that's all I meant. It was never meant as a "It'll run like ass on the PS4" chide. This is Guerrilla we're talking about. Vast majority of this game's development has been on the PS4. They've always done well in the performance department. I don't think there's a reason to fear for anything.

Just to clarify.

-----

Shinobi coming in hot.

QWNb.png

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/722915062462033920

Did they actually say 2016 at last year's E3 now that I think of it? Probably did but maybe I don't remember.

If true it's not a shocker. Many were calling it what with the surprising silence. I mean, missing PSX and Paris Games Week?

hydruxo

Shocking.

Yeah, unfortunately this was bound to happen. Still my most anticipated game right now though and it'll be better for the delay so I'm all for it.

Really looking forward to the "Did Sony and MS fulfill e3 promises" videos.

Not hat they said it'd be out by now, but I could tell so much of it was early...just to "win" e3.

dmr87

Did they actually say 2016 at last year's E3 now that I think of it? Probably did but maybe I don't remember.

If true it's not a shocker. Many were calling it what with the surprising silence. I mean, missing PSX and Paris Games Week?

I have Fall 2016 in my head but I don't remember where I got it from.

CHC

Here comes the tsunami of delays. Predictable as always, I'm sure more than half of the expected hits due in 2016 are going to wind up coming spring of next year.

GeoramA

Not surprised. Nobody wants to release their games in November or December anymore, and I doubt it was coming before then.

The God

It was at Paris Games Week. Almost all the big first party games missed PSX.

Expected this the moment it was announced... and I'm actually not disappointed.

Hopefully that will slot The Last Guardian in for a Holiday 2016 release. *fingers crossed*

THE:MILKMAN

Targeting, I think. (they are very careful with dates these days) I think Shu also said they were still aiming for this year in a recent PS, I Love You interview so a bit weird.

Kyoufu

Fine with me. More time in development + PS4K enhancements should mean good things for the final product. This year is packed as it is.

Top Bottom