• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

Shinobi coming in hot.

QWNb.png

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/722915062462033920

Well this matches with other game relase dats from GG! A little disappointed, but whatever!

RoKKeR

This does not surprise me in the slightest to be honest. Seems like a very ambitious game, let them take as much time as they need.

Also yeah, Neo optimizations probably pushed their time frame back.

It was at Paris Games Week. Almost all the big first party games missed PSX.

Was it? Maybe I'm misremembering. I know they showed Ancel's prehistoric game..

Well, Uncharted 4 was at PSX in 2014, after the E3 it was revealed, plus it made it again this year so Horizon not doing the same was a bit of an eyebrow raise.

Expected this the moment it was announced... and I'm actually not disappointed.

Hopefully that will slot The Last Guardian in for a Holiday 2016 release. *fingers crossed*

If The Last Guardian actually makes 2016 I'll be impressed. That always felt like the weakest of the "big 3" announcements. Like they just needed to have it to complete the trilogy more than anything.

EDIT:

It was at Paris Games Week.

Okay, yeah, refreshing my memory it was. Worst part about that was that I almost didn't type that, and had it as just PSX, but then I got cocky....

Well, the point of it missing PSX still stands.

Just got my taxes back, thought about finally getting a PS4, but first neo and now this? I've got zero interest in uncharted so back in the piggy bank it goes I guess.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm fine with it, polish this bad boy up.

Q1 2017 is stacked now.

Titanfall 2
Destiny 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn

What else am I missing?

Frosta

Banned
Did they actually say 2016 at last year's E3 now that I think of it? Probably did but maybe I don't remember.

If true it's not a shocker. Many were calling it what with the surprising silence. I mean, missing PSX and Paris Games Week?
It was at Paris Games Week.

Edit: Beaten

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
This is probably when I'll pickup the PS4.5/PS4K since I'm getting PS VR this fall. Need to space out the $1000 I'm spending on video game hardware... :(

Linkyn

So, are there any PS4 exclusives besides UC4 coming out in the West this year?

I'm not holding my breath on Persona 5 or TLG just yet.

TheJoRu

2703809-7868846894-50046.jpg

There's plenty of great third-party goodness, but man...reaching what could remotely be called a decent selection of first-party games is taking them looooooong.

Wagram

I called this a long time ago. It didn't look close to ready when they showed it at PGW. You can't fix that in a year.

Yep, not surprising in the least.

I learnt to accept delays a long time ago really. As long as it's good, that's all that matters.

Did they actually say 2016 at last year's E3 now that I think of it? Probably did but maybe I don't remember.

They did.

I'm fine with it, polish this bad boy up.

Q1 2017 is stacked now.

Titanfall 2
Destiny 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn

What else am I missing?

Who said Titanfall 2 and Destiny 2 were Q1? Titanfall 2, if anything, is looking like it'll be end of this year. Destiny 2 will be September 2017 if we're sticking with the September trajectory the series has been accustomed to with the release of Destiny 1, Taken King and the next expansion (I swore I saw a hint around here it was planned for September time again).

Gurish

Noooooooooo.

I knew one game of Sony's exclusives is going to get delayed but I was sure it's going to be TLG,

Never mind, I'm fine with this, TLG I can play on my PS4, Horizon will be a great game to buy with my PS4K.

sense

So, are there any PS4 exclusives besides UC4 coming out in the West this year?

I'm not holding my breath on Persona 5 or TLG just yet.
Ratchet and clank
I am not alone in saying this was expected. I highly doubt Sony would want to release it in the fall anyways even if it was ready. Let the big third party games carry you

You have got to be shitting me. This would be a delay that would hit me pretty hard. Was really looking forward to Horizon.

Hopefully Sony announce some more Q4 games at E3

Hexa

A little over 3 years of full production for a new IP isn't bad, rather its still pretty good. If they actually managed it in 3 it would be incredibly impressive.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sony has delayed virtually every single first party release at least once this generation, it would be more surprising if something came out when they said it would. Zero reason to ever believe a relase date they put out, hope people keep that in mind for E3.

Kuni

Yeah, this was my top pick this year for 2017 delay. Just been too quiet. Take all the time of course. Can't wait!

NateDrake

Hey if they need it they need it they said they will delayed the game if they needed more time last year.

Did they ever say that? I thought it was an "off the record" comment that they would be open to the idea of delaying the game if they felt they needed the extra time.

Top Bottom