• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

Chao

We may end up having a couple of first party games by the end of the generation, hopefully.

Nah that's too much, I'll accept the remasters

Blader

That's ok with me. FFXV + TLG is going to occupy most of my gaming time this fall anyway. Having this out in Q1/2 2017 gives it some more breathing room for me.

Doesn't surprise given that after the initial showing it has been pretty much schtum. With stuff like TLG, Gravity Rush 2, FFXV, Nier, etc., coming later in the year, I am covered.

i thought this was a 2017 title to begin with, i don't remember them showing a date when they announced it so I'm pretty sure i always assumed it would be 2017

Was Detroit announced as a 2016 game? I see that in 2017 too.

That game never had a release window given.

So far the motto I've been following this gen is "if there's no release window given on announcement, it's at least 2 years away" and it's been working pretty well so far. If a game is coming soon, they'd say so. If not, then you'll be waiting.

Doesn't surprise given that after the initial showing it has been pretty much schtum. With stuff like TLG, Gravity Rush 2, FFXV, Nier, etc., coming later in the year, I am covered.

Oh shoot, I always forget about Gravity Rush for some reason. REALLY hope that game comes out in a good timeframe... The year's starting to fill up. :S

zsynqx

Does Sony have ANY games coming out this year??

giphy.gif

Somehow Polyphany is doing a good job of trying to kill the GT brand.

They really should just stop throwing around dates when it's so obvious they are not hitting it although to be fair a sony first party game getting delayed is sort of the norm now but PD take it to a new level.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Never believed it was coming out in 2016 in the first place. Add 6 months to any timeframe Sony gives out regarding releases and well, you're still probably too optimistic.

The Last Guardian won't make it this year either.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sucks. There's a drought of first party titles and Soony have screwed up big time relying on 3rd party support this generation.

Was Horizon ever announced for 2016?

Shame it was one of my most anticipated Sony 1st party offerings. But Guerilla can take as long as they want as long as they get it right.

Besides Last Guardian I wonder what will be the other big holiday game for Sony. Assuming that Last Guardian does release of course.

Chase17

That game never had a release window given.

So far the motto I've been following this gen is "if there's no release window given on announcement, it's at least 2 years away" and it's been working pretty well so far. If a game is coming soon, they'd say so. If not, then you'll be waiting.

Oh shoot, I always forget about Gravity Rush for some reason. REALLY hope that game comes out in a good timeframe... The year's starting to fill up.
Seems like a pretty sound strategy.

Hopefully TLG makes it this year. Still plenty this fall I'll be interested in so I'm not too upset about this delay.

Lingitiz

Would not be surprised if Sony stays away from the Holiday again on the software front. They have PS4K and PSVR to worry about, and will ride FFXV and COD as if they were first party games. It's been the status quo with them for years and they'll do it again here.

The days of first party going with a buttload of high profile titles a year is pretty much gone.

Audioboxer

Was Horizon ever announced for 2016?

Shame it was one of my most anticipated Sony 1st party offerings. But Guerilla can take as long as they want as long as they get it right.

Besides Last Guardian I wonder what will be the other big holiday game for Sony. Assuming that Last Guardian does release of course.

Yes it was.

I expected this. I also expect NieR Automata to get delayed. No need to rush these games. Just hope Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5 and The Last Guardian can still make it.

Would not be surprised if Sony stays away from the Holiday again on the software front. They have PS4K and PSVR to worry about, and will ride FFXV and COD as if they were first FL party games. It's been the status quo with them for years and they'll do it again here.

The days of first party going with a buttload of high profile titles a year is pretty much gone.

I feel like they are going to need some first-party content to push PS4k though... although perhaps an Uncharted update will do for that, idk

wildbite

Bummer. This year was looking packed with Andromeda, Horizon, FFXV, The Last Guardian, and Scalebound but now I only have FFXV and TLG to look forward to in 2016. At this point any new game announced at E3 with a release date of 2017, I will just write down as 2018.

jonjonaug

So out of all of Sony's release slate from E3 2015, what came out that year, what's coming out within the next year, and what got pushed back?

Because it's sounding more and more like Nintendo ended up having the best E3 in terms of games that actually came out in a reasonable timeframe. I'm looking at the known release date schedule and when it comes to games exclusively on the PS4 (also counting Vita dual releases) the only ones I'm interested in are Uncharted 4 and the Psycho-Pass game, and I'm not even really an Uncharted fan to begin with.

And this is looking out all the way through October too, not just the next couple months.

Top Bottom