• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon: Zero Dawn delayed to early 2017

TheXbox

Assuming it still makes 2016, which isn't really a guarantee given the game's history and complete silence on it since last E3.
What is the correlation between another game by another studio being delayed and this one? There is none. Unless Neo is the implicit factor, which doesn't make sense because Sony would've been the first ones to know about it.

I'm not saying TLG will make 2016, but what the hell does Horizon have to do with it?

That sounds so dumb. TLG is not a system seller and will never be one.
Maybe not, but that didn't stop them from promoting the shit out of the Nathan Drake collection last year. We'll have to wait and see, I guess, but I don't know what else they have.

Chobel

wtf people crying bout TLG for? If anything this is good for that game. It's gonna be Sony's sole tentpole release for Q4 (to my knowledge), they're gonna throw big bucks at it

That sounds so dumb. TLG is not a system seller and will never be one.

Elixist

Man I can't wait for the TLG to be delayed to 2017. That thread is going to be amazing.

i imagine at that point alls you can do is think about it for a sec and then laugh

giphy.gif

wtf people crying bout TLG for? If anything this is good for that game. It's gonna be Sony's sole tentpole release for Q4 (to my knowledge), they're gonna throw big bucks at it

Or rather they will spend no dollah on TLG when they got the CoD deal. Replace last years Star Wars bucks toward that and maybe Watch Dogs 2.

Sony clearly doesn't care too much about having a 1st party holiday seller looking at these past few years. 3rd party deals are working almost too well for them.

Yikes, I suppose I'll chime in since that was taken way farther than I thought. Honestly it was just a general comment, obviously the whole point of the 4k is better looking games, that's all I meant. It was never meant as a "It'll run like ass on the PS4" chide. This is Guerrilla we're talking about. Vast majority of this game's development has been on the PS4. They've always done well in the performance department. I don't think there's a reason to fear for anything.

Just to clarify.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Given the rate at which the craziness of posts is growing in relation to the Neo, by the time E3 rolls around, we'll be seeing some terrifying shit being posted.

The Neo will be eating people's babies by June.

Boke1879

Yikes, I suppose I'll chime in since that was taken way farther than I thought. Honestly it was just a general comment, obviously the whole point of the 4k is better looking games, that's all I meant. It was never meant as a "It'll run like ass on the PS4" chide. This is Guerrilla we're talking about. Vast majority of this game's development has been on the PS4. They've always done well in the performance department. I don't think there's a reason to fear for anything.

Just to clarify.

This year is going to be so much fun here :)

Just to clarify.

You would think a game running on a system with more than double the gpu power than the other will look better would be common sense but what can you do.

JBwB

I don't mind if this rumor turns out to be true. There are more than enough good games coming out this year that I want to play.

Lady Gaia

Ps4k launch title?

That's not an unreasonable expectation. It's certainly what leapt to mind for me, too, and would make a good pitch for Guerrilla to give Sony about why they should have more time for polish. Given that this is their first try at a very different genre I was expecting a delay in any case.

sith23

Neo Member
Super bummed, I was expecting to get this and The Last Guardian this fall/winter.
Anyway, if the delay is true I'm glad Guerrilla has been given the time to polish the game a bit more, this is their new franchise we're talking about.

What's left from Sony this holidays?

sono

Gold Member
I prefer games late and finished than ontime and not.

I somewhat expected it.

PS4K ready. It's gonna blow our mind.

I hope this is not the reason. I didnt buy a PS4 to have promised games delayed for a console I didnt buy. Your positive spin is admirable in that case..

jett

D-Member
Man I can't wait for the TLG to be delayed to 2017. That thread is going to be amazing.

Reminder: not one second of new game footage has been shown since last year's E3 (that stupid Trico thing doesn't count). This game is never coming out.

Super bummed, I was expecting to get this and The Last Guardian this fall/winter.
Anyway, if the delay is true I'm glad Guerrilla has been given the time to polish the game a bit more, this is their new franchise we're talking about.

1st party? Maybe Gravity Rush 2
and Crash Bandicoot

icespide

Banned

marketing deals with multiplats

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Just to clarify.

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Shinobi doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Top Bottom