• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Kevin Conroy WILL Be Voicing Batman In Batman: Arkham Origins

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kevin Conroy Q&A Dallas Comic Con

Apparently the source of our last Arkham Origins voice-actor news, the writers of NAG Magazine, had jumped the gun on announcing that Kevin Conroy was not voicing Batman in Arkham Origins.

During a Q&A session at Dallas Comic-Con, Kevin Conroy has announced that he has been working on the “Next Arkham game” for the past “nine or ten months”. He discusses the Non-Disclosure Agreement that the actors signed and the success of the games briefly at the beginning of the Q&A.

He doesn’t call the game by name, but the fact that he has been working on it for so long already suggests that it is Arkham Origins. It is also worth bearing in mind that we still don’t know what Rocksteady is doing next and that it’s entirely possible that he’s been recording the games back-to-back (although this is just conjecture).

http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/201...an-in-batman-arkham-origins-dallas-comic-con/

Courage

tumblr_lxr1aisj6n1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Meia

Too bad he's not talking about Origins, but the next-gen Batman game developed by Rocksteady! Aw snap!

....right?

Brickhunt

So, I guess the game will be a huge flashback. I don't see Kevin Conroy's voice fitting a young Batman at the start of his career.

Alienous

"Next Arkham game" is vague enough for it to be the next project from Rocksteady, that rumoured Justice League game. Although, he would have probably talked about seeing the other actors.

Hmm. The plot thickens.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is good, provided they can actually make him say his lines like he gives a fuck.

He was pretty bad in Arkham City.

Too bad he's not talking about Origins, but the next-gen Batman game developed by Rocksteady! Aw snap!

....right?

"He doesn’t call the game by name"
Or is he?!

Hmm, I thought they already announced origin had a different actor so it seems likely.

Conroy is great, and will always be my ideal batman voice but I don't think he needs to voice every single project, and a younger batman can have a different voice
bale voice
. I think mark hamill is way tougher to replace, he's too god damn good at the joker.

Conroy is great, and will always be my ideal batman voice but I don't think he needs to voice every single project, and a younger batman can have a different voice
bale voice
. I think mark hamill is way tougher to replace, he's too god damn good at the joker.

Yeah... I don't think there will EVER be a good enough voice to truly replace Hamil. They should just retire joker from everything Batman that's voiced... no I'm not joking. The laugh alone makes him irreplacable at that role.

Can we change the title to what was actually said; "next Batman game".. which could mean whatever game Rocksteady is working on.. Then we can remove the rumor tag as well.

Yeah... I don't think there will EVER be a good enough voice to truly replace Hamil. They should just retire joker from everything Batman that's voiced... no I'm not joking. The laugh alone makes him irreplacable at that role.

DiMaggio was decent in Red Hood, but that was just because of Joker's crushed trachea which made his voice a lot darker.

DiMaggio was decent in Red Hood, but that was just because of Joker's crushed trachea which made his voice a lot darker.

DiMaggio is good and all.. but honestly his voice is distracting anymore. Once you know his "tell" you hear him everywhere (cause he's literally in everything) and once you do it's harder (for me at least) to get into the characters.

Probably the reason why I don't like dubbed anime too much. The quality is better than it was 10 years ago, but there are only about 10 regular people who work in the dub industry and they are almost all very easy to notice...

Banned
Amazing how my interest went from nothing to something with this possibility. Love Conroy. Hopefully Hamil reprises his role in some way.

Top Bottom