• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: King Of Fighters XIV Characters Leaked

To preface, this comes from the "leaker" X-Kira, who's been something of a troll in the SFV community. Half of his stuff has come true, and the other half is either incredibly wrong or probably false. That being said, his evidence this time seems pretty sound.

Analyzing the game calmly it was possible to kill the whole charade, the rest of the DLC appears to be cosmetic (Costumes / Stages / Classic Tracks).

Apparently they will have two Waves of Chars DLC, after that first one that we already had, according to the indications and according to the data of the game comes another 11 Chars.

I've also figured out where the Chars DLC come from at Chara Select, they will take the place of Random, the Random will become arrows off the screen, as happened in KOFIX, the arrows would go to other Chars outside the selection, like Kyo Ex for example...

Even all this makes sense, since we have two slots of Random today making only volume in the Chara Selec and each one occupying 3 blocks.

(Future Characters)
Oswald, ??????, ??????, Blue Mary, ??????, Shingo Yabuki, Hinako, ?????, ?????, ?????, ?????.
Brand New: {Ymd, HDR, Van, Meilland, Catalina, Kangil, Sissel}.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-...ition-futuras-dlc-datamining/146140039270460/

Hit the link to see his methodology. Maybe someone more Steam savvy than I can confirm all this.

Eventscrub me if old.

selo

Whoa really? I can't understand portuguese, dang. Awesome about Blue Mary though! Hopefully we will also get Shermie , Yashiro and Takuma.

I'm enjoying this game immensely on steam, hopefully this will get some more people in there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If they really add 11 more characters, that'd be completely NUTS. Like... 1 more 3 mam team would be more than I'd expect at this point, personally.

But I'd still love to see it. Full on sequels are great for modern fighter stories, and full engine / gameplay overhauls, sure, but I'm really loving Character DLC as opposed to entirely new disk, when they're applied to games that have gameplay engines I love.

Yeah Shingo and Blue Mary definitely should come with how consistent in appearances they were before 12. So should Whip honestly.

Still no love for the American Sports Team, I see.
Unless HDR means Heavy D! Reloaded

Man, thinking about it, even with a roster as large as 14s, there's still a ton of veteran characters that they could add. KoF is massive.

shaowebb

Oswald in KOF 14?!
6u0DnIb.gif
FG0tNEj.gif

YES! Him and Whip were my top wishes. Be sooooo happy if this were true.

kunonabi

My girl hinako coming back would be amazing. Blue Mary and Shingo are probably the last two big omissions so that makes sense. Oswald will make a bunch of people happy too. Add in the new face team and this is probably the best slate of dlc characters in a fighting game ever.

If this is all true that is.

Neoxon

X-Kira did get the Dubai stage, Spain stage, & Vol. 2 Trials right for SFV. But at the same time, there was the wrestling stage that never panned out.

As for this, I'm curious, but I'll maintain the wait-&-see stance before getting too hyped.

TreIII

I just need my New Face team with their Orochi versions. Then this would be the most complete KOF for me.

Oswald and Hinako coming back is a nice thing to see, too!

mas8705

Is it wrong that I'm still holding out for Rugal to make an appearance? Honestly I will admit that I'm like Max (Miles923) in regards to my introduction with KoF where Capcom vs SNK was my introduction to their series and how out of all characters that were there, Rugal was my favorite. Something about his playstyle just made me happy, and I loved how while he could do the fireballs on the ground or mid air, he also had the kicking move and the grab that he drags someone all the way to the other side of the screen to smash them there.

I know it is a farcry and it is unlikely to happen, but I'll admit that if Rugal was indeed confirmed, I probably would get KoF14.

BadWolf

Is it wrong that I'm still holding out for Rugal to make an appearance? Honestly I will admit that I'm like Max (Miles923) in regards to my introduction with KoF where Capcom vs SNK was my introduction to their series and how out of all characters that were there, Rugal was my favorite. Something about his playstyle just made me happy, and I loved how while he could do the fireballs on the ground or mid air, he also had the kicking move and the grab that he drags someone all the way to the other side of the screen to smash them there.

I know it is a farcry and it is unlikely to happen, but I'll admit that if Rugal was indeed confirmed, I probably would get KoF14.

Rugal is very unlikely, though they could easily include him if they wanted and have him be cannon (due to 14's story).

Much better chance of seeing his son Adelheid.

Top Bottom