• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leak] New Titanfall 2's poster and info

Orayn

Change up the DLC model or no thanks. Titanfall was fun, but the community for it dried up way too fast on PC.

Between burn cards, Titan voices/decals, and other routes for cosmetic customization, they could very easily go the Halo 5 route and I really hope they do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Between burn cards, Titan voices/decals, and other routes for cosmetic customization, they could very easily go the Halo 5 route and I really hope they do.
I basically expect all major MP focused titles to do this from now one with the exception of CoD and BF. It makes the most sense for the player base, the life of the title, and player happiness.

komaruR

Ditched cloud and get more player count?
Mindblown.gif

Anyway, i hope there's no ai scrubs to kill. I just want the dynamic action of players vs players only.

me0wish

EA publishing, Origin exclusive, dead after a week.

Titan Fall made me get interested in an FPS and then killed that interest, sadly I'll have to avoid TF2.

No REQ system please. I don't want to RELY upon single-use RNG dropped cards to be competitive in PvP.

Ditched cloud and get more player count?
Mindblown.gif
Where are you getting that they ditched the cloud?

If the grappling hooks are like 007 Agent Under Fire I will be day zero. Over watch has it with Widowmaker but the cool down prevents Spider-Man: The FPS as I crave

Titanfall was the best shooter since MW2 in my opinion, loved it and can't wait for the sequel. Even if by some chance this isn't true I'm excited for whatever comes out of Titanfall 2.

Mariolee

every game can be improved with grappling hooks!

It even improved Super Mario Galaxy.

270px-MarioYoshiAssistLumaBerry.png

Grappling hooks in Titanfall would be bananas. Leaping onto a parkouring Titan and planting a bomb, then pulling the pilot out of the skie as he ejects...

I'm in.

Bsigg12

Single player campaign or no buy.

This is getting old. They have been saying since Titanfall came out that they were going to have a campaign in the second one. It has been reiterated numerous times from EA and Respawn that there will be a campaign.

kevin1025

Banned
If the October release is true, that's going to be one damn fine month. Titanfall 2, Mafia III, Gears of War 4, and Battlefield 1 so far. That's nuts.

I loved the hell out of the first game, I really want to see what's next.

Looks like a cover for Games Informer.

That was my first thought too... exactly the kind of desaturated art that I always see (Gears, Halo, Tomb Raider etc). I honestly thought that's what the picture was at first.

Still, DAY FUCKING 1.

I don't know why people are so excited about an SP. Respawn is not a huge studio, and them diverting time away from MP modes/maps/etc to make a cinematic SP like every other shooter that's 4 hours long that a tiny fraction of the player base will play once just seems like the same pitfall that Battlefield has been stuck in because people will cry without it- no matter how mediocre the actual SP is.

I'd be way happier with fleshed out co-op "horde mode" stuff to get you in the groove with friends who might not be as familiar with the game or to have some awesome, wildly unbalanced content.

SwolBro

Banned
If the October release is true, that's going to be one damn fine month. Titanfall 2, Mafia III, Gears of War 4, and Battlefield 1 so far. That's nuts.

I loved the hell out of the first game, I really want to see what's next.

And the only game i buy out of those will indeed be Titanfall 2.

But why would EA do this? seriously? so many goddamn games. Titanfall 2 isn't as big as Gears or battlefield. It will also have to contend with COD. Is this really a wise decision?

Look at the hype and response Overwatch is getting releasing right now. Sometimes i don't get these things at all.... someone explain it to me, is there data to back up these release choices?

nillah

Banned
First game always looked like a blast, hope they eventually bring it over to PlayStation. I'm all in for mech warefare.

Oh I'm so freaking ready! I loved TF1 but as a new IP I know they had to focus on the basic game. Now they can definitely add in way more cool shit to do. They need to figure out how to implement new maps without splitting the community tho

SwolBro

Banned
First game always looked like a blast, hope they eventually bring it over to PlayStation. I'm all in for mech warefare.
it is.
Oh I'm so freaking ready! I loved TF1 but as a new IP I know they had to focus on the basic game. Now they can definitely add in way more cool shit to do. They need to figure out how to implement new maps without splitting the community tho

i believe Respawn has confirmed maps would be free. Microtransactions for cosmetic stuff

Hopefully we get some really advanced Titan customization and more than 3 different body types. And hopefully we get ALOT more weapons and varied weapons.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Titanfall's max player count was pathetic. I won't give the second one a single glance if they don't change it.

SwolBro

Banned
Hopefully we get some really advanced Titan customization and more than 3 different body types. And hopefully we get ALOT more weapons and varied weapons.

This
Titanfall's max player count was pathetic. I won't give the second one a single glance if they don't change it.

And this piss me off to no end.

If you want something huge with insane amounts of weapons why not just play battlefield? why impose these types of changes to a game that is clearly an arena based twitch shooter. Seriously, please, explain this to me. I need to understand the mentality that goes into these narratives when you guys start to think about them.
More weapons doesn't mean better experience, and neither does player count. Usually, these things result in more unbalanced and messy gameplay.

Overwatch is 6v6, i don't see anyone complaining. COD is 6v6 i don't see anyone complaining. Destiny is 6v6, i don't see anyone complaining. Gears of War is what now? 5v5? i don't see anyone complaining.

Sorry but stuff like this drives me nuts. The game is a twitch based arena shooter. It has some of the best gameplay i've experienced in a long time. There's no reason to adjust that core.

No SP campaign no buy you got that Respawn?

Holy shit they need to get this widespread that yes there is a fucking single player campaign. The amount of people even in Gaf that don't know there is a campaign is quite staggering. First trailer should pound that message in really hard and show footage from the single player.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit they need to get this widespread that yes there is a fucking single player campaign. The amount of people even in Gaf that don't know there is a campaign is quite staggering. First trailer should pound that message in really hard and show footage from the single player.
They absolutely need to debut this with SP to show the biggest difference from the previous game and get those who prefer SP on board. They'll also want to make sure PS4 people get into a beta as well since they couldn't play the last game.

-Ryn

Banned
Grappling hooks... holy shit this game is going to be AMAZING!!

I really hope this has a single player campaign. There is so much potential for the gameplay and story.

If not that then I would at least love an offline mode with bots.

Edit:

Well sweet seems that isn't something I need to worry about!

x-Lundz-x

I'm pretty sure it's going to be there I'm just saying...

I'm one of those that buys these games for SP and MP is a nice bonus if I want it. Let's hope they come through with a good story.

Montresor

For the past 10 or so years I've happily avoided most microtransactions. But if they put Female Spanish Titan AI voice behind a paywall, then they have my money.

Top Bottom