• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hip Hop

C7uWOPTX0AAwaMh-681x409.jpg

A YouTuber, ”TheFamilyVideoGamers", has posted a video of what appears to be leaked images of Call of Duty 2017 concept marketing artwork.

The leaked images show that Call of Duty 2017, developed by Sledgehammer Games, will take place during the World War II era.
The images above show artwork that Activision appears to be creating for promotional images and box arts. It also appears that Activision has decided to be straightforward with the naming scheme for the game and call it ‘Call of Duty: WWII'. This would be, probably, the simplest name for a Call of Duty game since before Call of Duty 4.

Activision has not confirmed any of this as of now. Stay tuned.

Thus far, Activision has only confirmed that this year's title is developed by Sledgehammer and will take ‘Call of Duty back to its roots.'

SOURCE: http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/24/...-suggest-cod-2017-will-called-call-duty-wwii/

RELATED: Activision confirms SHG developing Call of Duty 2017, title will take COD back to its roots with traditional combat
http://charlieintel.com/2017/02/09/...all-duty-2017-will-take-call-duty-back-roots/

kenta

Has no PEINS
Whoa, a Call of Duty set in World War II. Now that's something I'd like to see. Wonder why they've never done this before

Ridley327

The setting is as expected, but I think this will get a lot of good press all the same. I just hope that the fanboys tone down the rhetoric about this coming out after Battlefield 1, since this has been in development since Sledgehammer wrapped on Advanced Warfare.

antitrop

Nice. I've been wanting WWII games back and I really liked Advanced Warfare's campaign, so I'm expecting good things from Sledgehammer.

13ruce

Banned
Plz let us kill hitler plz let us kill hitler.
Atleast in zombies..

Anyway nice i really like WW 1 and 2 games.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Trailer opens with your character on a landing boat, the door drops and you run towards a beach... full of robots shooting lasers because it's actually 2244. That's how they get ya.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Urgh finally. Been waiting forever to go back to world at war. Was definitely the best game in the series.

Also, hopefully they go back to the roots of zombies and give us some good simple maps with easy to find hold spots, no more complicated than Der Reise. Then you can actually play with pubs and not watch everyone run around clueless as fuck all the time because you need to read a wiki article to know what's going on.

Toa Axis

Pretty simple name. Doesn't exactly roll off the tounge, but I'm happy with the setting change. The future stuff was fine (we even got some great campaigns in AW and IW), but ultimately, I'd like a return to a more grounded setting for the series, and I'm glad that that's being delivered here (if true, that is).

Top Bottom