• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

i6d2ucY.jpg

Wifi has been 'Disablad'
"oops"

It's been argued about for 10s of pages in the Smash thread. If it's a fake, it is a good one. I still think it is fake, but probably worth a more general discussion / thread.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh God, it's insanity time! #TeamNeutral, for now.

Dat Dog Hunt render, though. So good.

Tripon

OP, why u do this.

Didn't everyone agree in the Smashgaf thread to wait until the next veteran reveal to show if this was fake or not?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought we agreed to wait for one more veteran to verifying the leak first before making the thread based on it. Maybe I misread someone's comments in other thread.

Yeah, I'm unsure about leak because many people pointed out the mistakes in the pictures. Also Yoshi's placement is just wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Also, in the Smash 4 trailer for Pac Man, Game & Watch has no outline. Here he does.

But that Game & Watch just appeared in a CG Cutscene, and wasn't technically the Smash Character. He looked a bit off compared to playable GW.

I don't see why the actual in-game model won't have an outline.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't know why people still believe this. Even Sakurai isn't dumb enough to cut characters for more clones.

He didn't cut anyone if the source is to be believed as the cuts are coming back as DLC.

Popular theory is they might be timed for the Wii U Version.

Hopefully a Fatal Frame lass makes it into the next game. This is probably fake but thinking of how the duck hunt dog would play is fun.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If the thing about this being a litmus test from Smashboard Mods is true, then that is pretty genius.

Well, I have a new theory which would make sense.

I'm pretty sure that everything were hoaxes. Here is my theory.

There is a group that worked together to make a good solid leak with good modeler backing them up. They planned out by releasing the text leak first to lure people into discussions then some people would post MORE rumors at several locations to spread variable of rumors to make people thinking that it's real.

Now it was perfect time for people to post full roster image, along with few full portrait characters (which made by good modeler) to convince people even more . I'm pretty sure that it was a group of people working together to fool people. I would guess that fake Nintendo Rep is one of them whom fooled Neo Zero (Moderator).

Lijik

that Duck Hunt dog model is really good, if its fake whoever made this should post a clean version of it

I'm calling bs, Bowser Jr in a Kart sounds ridiculous, Duck Hunt dog sounds even more ridiculous. Gotta say though, whoever came up with this is dedicated.

daxgame

pathetic fake. Not sure how people can think this is real? There are literally tons of things that makes zero sense.

Kouichi

I don't know why people still believe this. Even Sakurai isn't dumb enough to cut characters for more clones.

Here's the most reasonable theory to this question at the moment:

I think the theory is (I stress the word theory) that in the event Lucas/Wolf are cut, it's not because Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were prioritized over them. It's because those three characters would already, essentially, have their model created and based off of existing character's skeletons. The theory is that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were originally alt costumes and then promoted to actual characters (much like Lucina) because of how much less work would be involved to make them work vs. having to recreate Lucas and Wolf (as it was, Sakurai already admitted a year or two ago that creating veteran characters is not simply porting the character over -- it's equivalent to making a new character, or at least the same amount of work).

The truth of the matter is, none of the vets are just "ported" over. Yes, all their attacks and everything exist already so the conceptual phase is completely cut out for veterans but animating, programming, and modeling are still very much things the development team have to do. I really doubt they're reusing the exact same files as Brawl for characters (as in the .pacs and everything else). They might have started from Brawl's foundation (the engine) but reusing character files sounds like a generally bad idea if you want to go back and change the characters in any way. Especially because Brawl's character coding is so rooted in a bunch of ASM, routines, reference points, and goes through all these other files in the game.

In fact, there's reason to believe that because Brawl doesn't share the same file types as Melee's character files if I recall. So, even with Brawl for Melee vets they redid them completely from scratch (in a sense). This is even more evident because Melee's animation files are .dae and not what Brawl uses (which are .cr0? I think?)

Anyway, the point is... while it would be logical to make the characters future-proof for changing and easy-to-port to a future game it doesn't work that way.

TWILT

Banned
Hmm, I'm on team Neutral for now. I'd be more than satisfied with this roster if it's true (mostly because of Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog's cool).

Watch Da Birdie

Bowser Jr. is in the mini-Koopa Clown Car, as you can see in the bigger pic of him.

He didn't cut anyone if the source is to be believed as the cuts are coming back as DLC.

Popular theory is they might be timed for the Wii U Version.

Didn't Sakurai specifically state that there would be no DLC? More like the leaker didn't have enough time to make renders for Ice Climbers and the other unconfirmed veterans. If Snake got cut, it's not going to be over time constraints.

I call fakes, simply because Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr.

I mean seriously, what possible movesets could they conjure up for characters who don't have any unique characteristics whatsoever. (Especially Duck Hunt Dog, what could he possibly do? Laugh at our failure to shoot ducks?)

This
Fox and Captain Falcon were in ships/vehicles before Smash 64. Legitimately shocked people still say this thing about "but there are no possible movesets for them" lol

Top Bottom