• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

Ionic

I just thought that duck hunt dog would look like this
DHDMouth_zpsbf986184.png

New dog is cute, and i prefer him, but is completely different.

New dog doesn't even have the dots on his cheek! What is this

Stylistically this works really well for a Smash game. It nails what makes people want to punch that dog in the face perfectly. Well done to the modder.

Neiteio

Iceclimbers(white_background).png

Look how detailed their render is. The reason the Ice Climbers aren't on the roster is because the "leaker" couldn't shade their fur coat properly. I guarantee it. The Duck Hunt Dog model isn't even that good, considering it has no fur or detail outside of decent shadows. People are justifying the lack of detail by claiming that the character is retro, yet if that were the case, why do the Ice Climbers look so detailed in comparison? Why would they cut the Ice Climbers after making such a big effort to bring them back in the first place? I remember when people were speculating that the Ice Climbers were going to get cut from Brawl because some bogus radio interview which claimed that Mr. Game & Watch, Young Link, and the Ice Climbers would be axed for Bowser Jr. and Ridley. Since then, the poor Ice Climbers haven't been able to catch a break. People took a Sakurai quote out of context and assumed that the Ice Climbers would get cut because the 3DS isn't powerful enough to handle their "complex" AI. Now they're supposedly going to be DLC to make up for the fact that they aren't in the finished product. But why aren't they in the finished product? Because of time constraints? Why would they prioritize R.O.B. and four clones over the Melee veteran? If not time constraints, then what? If complexity was an issue, what makes you think they will come back as DLC? Something is not adding up here.
From the other thread:

Every animal character that has fur in Smash also has fur in their own games:
300px-Donkey_Kong_Artwork_(alt)_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

fox-mccloud-36.jpg

250px-448Lucario.png

The characters that don't have fur in their own games like Pikachu and Sonic don't have fur in Smash. It's that simple. Duck Hunt Dog has never been portrayed with fur so it makes sense for him to not have fur in Smash.

People are justifying the lack of detail by claiming that the character is retro, yet if that were the case, why do the Ice Climbers look so detailed in comparison?

I don't know, maybe he's a different character or something.

Why would they cut the Ice Climbers after making such a big effort to bring them back in the first place?

Did you miss the part where Ice Climbers are allegedly DLC? Under the circumstance the leak is real, perhaps they having trouble with the second Ice Climber's AI and needed more time to tune it.

Adaren

Did you miss the part where Ice Climbers are allegedly DLC? Under the circumstance the leak is real, perhaps they having trouble with the second Ice Climber's AI and needed more time to tune it.

Ice Climbers are a very complex character, but this is a pretty loose definition of AI. It litdrally copies your inputs with a delay; it's like you're controlling two characters instead of one.

Of course, if there's a character to cut for tech reasons, it's ICs.

Vashzaron

People have been mentioning the oddity that it's supposedly ingame yet no % meters, but as it turns out while in the waiting room there is none either. No idea still about players having levels tho. If the leak is real maybe it's part of some unannounced mode but we'll see.

I've never even heard of or seen Shulk in my life. Just by looking at him I would guess he's a Fire Emblem character. And this is coming from a pretty fanatic Nintendo person of many years.

KoopaTheCasual

Dude... having serious internal conflict about whether I should main Shulk or Duck Hunt Dog. I didn't think I would have a (leaked) reveal that made me want to main multiple characters.
GUYS, you might wanna switch to Team Real...

WE HAVE VIDEO FOOTAGE!

Bowser Jr.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ&index=4

Shulk (and Ganondorf lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCE-iKciVJA&index=3&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

FUCKKKKKK YEAH!
Nintendo too swift.

Someone, mirror plz. I beg you.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've never even heard of or seen Shulk in my life. Just by looking at him I would guess he's a Fire Emblem character. And this is coming from a pretty fanatic Nintendo person of many years.

No big deal, you just missed the best jRPG of all times.

He's the main character in Xenoblade Chronicles.

People have been mentioning the oddity that it's supposedly ingame yet no % meters, but as it turns out while in the waiting room there is none either. No idea still about players having levels tho. If the leak is real maybe it's part of some unannounced mode but we'll see.

Aren't the levels the AI levels?

Top Bottom