• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Ploid 3.0

Am I the only one who doesn't totally hate Raiden? I think he'd be awesome in this type of game.

New Dante is lame as hell though.

Raiden is awesome, I think it's just that he's up against Snake again lol. MGS2 "Oh snap snake is being all stealthy entering this place underwater, friggin snake and his awesomeness" (mask removed. Hates Raiden for taking over Snake's game).

Not only is Capcom ruining their own franchises, they are ruining Namco's, Disney's, and Sony's franchises now. :(

heads need to be in the sand for people not to understand why Capcom would ask for new Dante. it'd be the same with Lightning over any other FF character, Connor over Ezio, and new Lara Croft over the old.

Also about the David Hayter thing; aren't there meant to be 30+ character cameos in the background and stuff in the game? I've distinctly heard Captain Qwark talk in the background of Metropolis for instance, so him doing VA-work for the game could just be whatever stage crosses over with Metal Gear Solid. Which would suck, but Sweet Tooth and Radec already play similarly to how Snake would, so it would explain things.

Pretty sold on this being legit, but I hope that's not supposed to be the final roster. Even more of a sausage-fest than Smash and Crash would be a great legacy character to have in this.

Modern Sonic's the same character as Classic Sonic, was purposely turned into a blend of the two designs moveset/animation wise and really the 'modern' design is nowhere near as bad as DINO is to regular Dante. It's not really a fair comparison.

There not going to call in a big name like David Hayter for little sound quips. It doesnt financially make sense. I doubt a voice actor was called in for Captain Quark and whatever noise he made. Probably just reused sound assets from R&C games. Sony does have access to all that.

Ryce

Anyone want to take a stab at IDing the upper right stage? Is it actually a Resistance stage? All the other stages are very recognizable areas from their respective games, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it is (if you've played Resistance, I haven't).
y3J8h.png

I think?

Drago

Superbot must be pissed. Game gets leaked months before reveal, days before each character announcement, you have crazy Nintendo extremists shitting on the game at every chance, people shitting on it on every forum on the internet despite almost universal praise from media and people who play it, and now this.

Must be a pain in the ass doing all that work and having it thrown out there and shat on.

It really, really is.

The game is fantastic and deserves a chance. I fear some people wont give it one though :(

There not going to call in a big name like David Hayter for little sound quips. It doesnt financially make sense. I doubt a voice actor was called in for Captain Quark and whatever noise he made. Probably just reused sound assets from R&C games. Sony does have access to all that.

They hired the original MGS cast just to talk about Wario's farts in Brawl and Buzz already shows they're not just reusing sound-bytes for cameos. It's not as unlikely as you think, as much as I hope I'm wrong.

Raiden is awesome, I think it's just that he's up against Snake again lol. MGS2 "Oh snap snake is being all stealthy entering this place underwater, friggin snake and his awesomeness" (mask removed. Hates Raiden for taking over Snake's game).

oh come on, even before he open the mask you know he's not snake. the voice is totally different.

VinLAURiA

Banned
SPIKE! YES!

Give me Crash too and I'll pick this up if I ever get a PS3.

Well I didn't play Brawl so I can't say but I didn't agree with Snake being there either, he's a playstation icon.
I wouldn't consider Snake a PlayStation icon, considering every main-series Metal Gear game besides MGS4 and PO has appeared on other platforms (and those two both got nods from Brawl anyway.) MGS1 had a GameCube remake, MGS2 was ported to Xbox and was in the HD collection, MGS3 had a 3DS remake and was also in the HD collection, and PW was in the HD collection. Other than those other two, the only PlayStation-exclusives were the Ac!d games. Hell, Ghost Babel was a Nintendo-exclusive game.

SPIKE! YES!

I wouldn't consider Snake a PlayStation icon, considering every MGS game besides MGS4 and PO have appeared on other platforms. MGS1 had a GameCube remake, MGS2 had an Xbox port and was in the HD collection, MGS3 had a 3DS remake and was also in the HD collection, and PW was in the HD collection. Other than that, all we have left is the Ac!d games for PSP, and Ghost Babel was Nintendo-only.

Yeah but it is still known as being a PlayStation franchise despite that. Its where it does the majority of its numbers.

I haven't seen anybody bring up the 2 question marks yet. Just got back online and saw all this new stuff haha.
Also are there really no images without the word leak all over them? ughhh

LuuKyK

I haven't seen anybody bring up the 2 question marks yet. Just got back online and saw all this new stuff haha.
Also are there really no images without the word leak all over them? ughhh

The question marks are probably for the Random Select. We don't know for sure though.

SPIKE! YES!

I wouldn't consider Snake a PlayStation icon, considering every MGS game besides MGS4 and PO have appeared on other platforms. MGS1 had a GameCube remake, MGS2 had an Xbox port and was in the HD collection, MGS3 had a 3DS remake and was also in the HD collection, and PW was in the HD collection. Other than those two, the only PlayStation-exclusives were the Ac!d games. And Ghost Babel was a Nintendo-exclusive game.

every MGS was popularized by, and is consequently associated with, the PlayStation.

If that leak brings us to 20 characters and this game has '20+', my educated guess would be Lightening would be one of if not the last character in the game.

If any third party franchise deserves two characters it's MGS. Raiden and Snake bring two very unique move sets to the table and both represent the series' roots and future.

RedBoot

The question marks are probably for the Random Select. We don't know for sure though.

Well, it's also unlikely that this is the full roster, if it's true. The game is advertising "over 20" characters, and this only brings us up to 20. There'd also be at least 22 characters since they have the whole rival thing going on. Of course, if our prophet is right, then we at least know Lightning is also in. :p

I think Spike's the most interesting picture in this leak. Ratchet, Sackboy, Nariko, Evil Cole, Dante, and Raiden could all be taken from existing assets (indeed, Ratchet appears to be). Sir Dan has always looked like he does here in his games. But Spike had to be redesigned a bit since most of his art is in a 2D anime style. He came out looking a little plump.

SPIKE! YES!

I wouldn't consider Snake a PlayStation icon, considering every main-series Metal Gear game besides MGS4 and PO has appeared on other platforms (and those two both got nods from Brawl anyway.) MGS1 had a GameCube remake, MGS2 was ported to Xbox and was in the HD collection, MGS3 had a 3DS remake and was also in the HD collection, and PW was in the HD collection. Other than those other two, the only PlayStation-exclusives were the Ac!d games. Hell, Ghost Babel was a Nintendo-exclusive game.
Porting those games half a decade later doesn't stop the fact that 99% of the MGS franchise sales have been on Playstation consoles because of the exclusivity they experienced

If any third party franchise deserves two characters it's MGS. Raiden and Snake bring two very unique move sets to the table and both represent the series' roots and future.

I'll take it over two Cole's. Cole is highly overrated, though he looks kick ass in this game. But one of him is enough

If that leak brings us to 20 characters and this game has '20+', my educated guess would be Lightening would be one of if not the last character in the game.

If that's their biggest character to reveal, then I am disappointed big time.

I really can't see this game as complete without Spyro, Crash, Cloud, and The Wanderer. But, they've made it clear it's not all up to them. Can we petition Activision?

Verendus

Banned
The stages look good. Although, it does seem they're the same design, only with different art styles. I think they'll be better once we see them in motion, so we can see how they change and whether they're dynamic. The mash-up is one of the key things (like LBP stage being created, the Buzz quiz).

As for the roster, I honestly can't complain as long as there are some more characters than this supposed leak shows.

Hale and Evil Cole (whichever one that is supposed to be) are shit picks and wasted character slots. The former is irrelevant and the latter is unnecessary. Especially when there are other first party characters that could be used.

I also think that Lightning would be an absolute bollocks pick if a FF character makes it in. She's a shit character from a shit game. If you're trying to celebrate Playstation All-Stars then the obvious choice is Cloud or Sephiroth. If you don't go for them, then someone from FFX is the next most logical choice, like Auron or Yuna (mainly because you could incorporate summons with her). Whilst FF13 may be SE's latest entry in the series, hardly anyone gives a shit about the game and its sequels aren't going to be helped if Lightning is repped in this game. It's a pointless endeavour even from a cross promotional perspective because it's not going to really matter. She's not even a popular character.

No Snake will be disappointing, but Cyborg Raiden, as much as I hate the guy, would have an interesting moveset. I'd prefer Snake and Raiden rather than 2 Cole's though.

Really, the point here is simple.

Rather than shitty third party characters like Lightning or DmC Dante or wasted slots like Hale/Evil Cole, it'd be better to include the likes of Wander, Alundra, Dart, Ellen etc.

Heihachi as a pick, rather than Jin or Kazuya, made me think they were going for more classic characters. But I have my fears now even though the character leak may not be real.

I think Spike's the most interesting picture in this leak. Ratchet, Sackboy, Nariko, Evil Cole, Dante, and Raiden could all be taken from existing assets (indeed, Ratchet appears to be). Sir Dan has always looked like he does here in his games. But Spike had to be redesigned a bit since most of his art is in a 2D anime style. He came out looking a little plump.

I'm pretty sure that Raiden is, following my post from the main thread:
Looks quite a lot like the 2009 Metal Gear Solid Rising Raiden render:
Raiden_Rising_Render.jpg

x3r0123

While I'd love to see a Wild Arms character (Virginia!) or stage, I think we can all agree that this game will be weaker as a whole if it does not have Wild Arms music in it.

wouldnt a stage have it's own music theme related to it's original game?

The stages look good. Although, it does seem they're the same design, only with different art styles. I think they'll be better once we see them in motion, so we can see how they change and whether they're dynamic. The mash-up is one of the key things (like LBP stage being created, the Buzz quiz).

As for the roster, I honestly can't complain as long as there are some more characters than this supposed leak shows.

Hale and Evil Cole (whichever one that is supposed to be) are shit picks and wasted character slots. The former is irrelevant and the latter is unnecessary. Especially when there are other first party characters that could be used.

I also think that Lightning would be an absolute bollocks pick if a FF character makes it in. She's a shit character from a shit game. If you're trying to celebrate Playstation All-Stars then the obvious choice is Cloud or Sephiroth. If you don't go for them, then someone from FFX is the next most logical choice, like Auron or Yuna (mainly because you could incorporate summons with her). Whilst FF13 may be SE's latest entry in the series, hardly anyone gives a shit about the game and its sequels aren't going to be helped if Lightning is repped in this game. It's a pointless endeavour even from a cross promotional perspective because it's not going to really matter. She's not even a popular character.

No Snake will be disappointing, but Cyborg Raiden, as much as I hate the guy, would have an interesting moveset. I'd prefer Snake and Raiden rather than 2 Cole's though.

Really, the point here is simple.

Rather than shitty third party characters like Lightning or DmC Dante or wasted slots like Hale/Evil Cole, it'd be better to include the likes of Wander, Alundra, Dart, Ellen etc.

Heihachi as a pick, rather than Jin or Kazuya, made me think they were going for more classic characters. But I have my fears now even though the character leak may not be real.
Speak for yourself. Alundra , dart? That would be wasting character slots

I'm inclined to believe this is a leak of early materials or there is just more. Because where are all the other characters? So at least there will be more surprises, real leak or not

Jafku

Superbot must be pissed. Game gets leaked months before reveal, days before each character announcement, you have crazy Nintendo extremists shitting on the game at every chance, people shitting on it on every forum on the internet despite almost universal praise from media and people who play it, and now this.

Must be a pain in the ass doing all that work and having it thrown out there and shat on.

IDGAF This game is day one Especially after the beta!

RedBoot

I'm inclined to believe this is a leak of early materials or there is just more. Because where are all the other characters? So at least there will be more surprises, real leak or not

That would at least explain why the Toro and Heihachi art doesn't match the ones in the official game videos.

^ Preordering this game. It's going to be a blast at get togethers. LittleBigPlanet is too complicated for some of the kiddies that come to my house lol.

I also believe the characters are very early work, and may not be who is in the game. I also think some can be used as background characters, since the rumor is there are lots of those.

Maybe they'll even just show up in the story arcs. I mean, it's all about PlayStation, so not every character needs to be playable.

Drago

Hey, I just noticed the Jak icon is the Jak 2 look, instead fo the Jak 3 look he debuted in...

Wonder what that means? :p

Loudninja

We will see at gamescon.

We knew Sackboy,Nariko and Ratchet and Clank were going to be in it anyway.

The Stages are ones I dont believe but we shall see!

Ryce

I'm pretty sure that Raiden is, following my post from the main thread:
They're not the same, actually. The hair is different, and the render is turned at a 45 degree angle -- you can see most of the side of his head.

I9w1G.png

Top Bottom