• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

You can tell its Evil Cole by his skin tone. Thats the way your skin changes in Infamous 2 when you become fully evil. It seems exactly the same to me.

Assuming theres 24 characters total, and this roster is legit(which I highly doubt). That would leave 4 more slots. Snake is pretty much already confirmed as David Hayter is doing voice work for the game. So thats 3 more characters.

How could you not want Nariko??? :( She would be a very interesting character visually. Shes Sony strongest heroine, and shes dead Sexy. She my most wanted niche character, and Sir Dan as 2nd most.
Snake could be doing voicework as background character or support for raiden. I dont think there will be 2 character representative from a series, especially a 3rd party guest series.

ZeroAKA

This list has enough disappointment that it might be true... I mean Raiden, Emo Dante, and Evil Cole, instead of Snake, badass Dante, and some original character? Getting Cole and Evil Cole is like getting Mario and Dr. Mario for Smash Bros.
Or Link and Toon Link. Oh wait...

RedBoot

Worth noting that these characters largely contradict Paul Gale's rumors, as well as the supposed Kat screenshot and the David Hayter rumor.

Gale has said there is an RPG character, several female characters, and possibly an Assassin's Creed character.

Of course, Gale could be making things up again, like he did with TMNT/Rocksteady, Metroid x Star Fox, and the idea of James Bond being in this game.

Also, if this isn't the full roster, both could be right. Put Lightning, Kat, and Ezio/Conner in there and everything lines up (Snake, too, I guess, but I don't see Konami getting two characters).

I would be surprised if this were true, if only because the game would end up with 4+ third-party characters. That stuff doesn't come cheap.

B.O.O.M

Keep in mind folks, alt costumes. IF Dante is actually revealed I would definitely expect emo dante to be one of the costumes as well. It just makes sense

Ploid 3.0

Something seem fishy though. What about the second form of the stages, we're not seeing the full picture. They morph into totally different stages usually, because they are mashups with another game. Parappa's stage seem like it'll be the standard for 1vs1 or 2vs2 since there's little hazards and platforming.

Endo Punk

The New DONTE? Thanks a fucking lot Superbot, you clearly have your priorities straight, this game is tool for developers and not for the fans.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The character roster does look really fake (they wouldn't have good Cole and evil Cole as two separate characters), but the stages look pretty real.

Emitan

Loco roco

PdS0W.png

I want this game now. Locoroco is my favorite new Sony IP this gen.

Ryce

Raiden makes a ton of sense, honestly.

1. Promotion for Metal Gear Rising
2. Characters like Drake and Radec already cover most of Snake's fighting style
3. Kojima might have some sort of gentleman's agreement with Sakurai regarding Snake

Endo Punk

He'll have an original Dante costume and you know it.

Yeah Im sure he will but new Dante and old Dante are not the same characters. If new one is in then I am out, I can't stand that character or the threads about the new DmC that's why I avoid them. The last thing I want is Donte fanbase ruining the PBR threads.

onQ123

My man!

They have to be real. That is a lot of effort for a fake. Not saying its not possible but I think it is really unlikely.

I was like the 1st kid in town who had a PlayStation when everyone else only had the SNES & Sega Genesis that Jumping Flash demo was the 1st game that had me like holy shit this is 3D & jumping way in the air in 1st person view was trippy as hell giving me motion sickness & I loved every second of it I don't even know what the point of the game was I was just having fun jumping around lol.

Any clearer images of the character people are saying is Nu Dante? It looks like Nathan Drake to me...

The character roster does look really fake (they wouldn't have good Cole and evil Cole as two separate characters), but the stages look pretty real.

They could be following SSBM's model of clones, like having Mario and Dr. Mario as separate characters :p

GeoramA

Very happy with the stages. I wonder now what they're going to be mashed up with.

Cartoony characters like Sackboy, Spike, Ratchet, and Sir Dan make me happy. The human characters, meh. Crash and Spyro would be so damn perfect...not giving up hope yet.

RedBoot

Anyone want to take a stab at IDing the upper right stage? Is it actually a Resistance stage? All the other stages are very recognizable areas from their respective games, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it is (if you've played Resistance, I haven't).

Something seem fishy though. What about the second form of the stages, we're not seeing the full picture. They morph into totally different stages usually, because they are mashups with another game. Parappa's stage seem like it'll be the standard for 1vs1 or 2vs2 since there's little hazards and platforming.

Apparently the stage icons in demos and the like (not in the beta yet so I'm not 100% sure) don't show the 'transformation' aspect of the stages, hence why that obviously legit LBP icon doesn't show anything related to Buzz. I'd expect that Uncharted 3 stage for instance to still have elements of the Warhawk crossover that pitch video showed.

The New DONTE? Thanks a fucking lot Superbot, you clearly have your priorities straight, this game is tool for developers and not for the fans.

It's wonderful to see devs actually making good use of a crossover/fanservice title to promote their modern and relevant works into the iconic status everyone always clamors for.

Here's hoping we can one day get an "Amingo" (except have the game actually come out)

Snake could be doing voicework as background character or support for raiden. I dont think there will be 2 character representative from a series, especially a 3rd party guest series.

I dont understand why not. At some point, as in later down the line with DLC or when the full roster is unveiled by launch, its highly likely a series or at least a third party company will have more than one character representing it. With DLC the roster will be 30+ characters, there not enough Sony first party characters out there to not have two character from Capcom or Konami(using them purely as examples.) Raiden would be in this because of his upcoming game AND most importantly cause it would be awesome and it would make a lot of sense gameplay wise.

No way is David Hayter just called in for back up voices. fml if thats true.

Ploid 3.0

Apparently the stage icons in demos and the like (not in the beta yet so I'm not 100% sure) don't show the 'transformation' aspect of the stages, hence why that obviously legit LBP icon doesn't show anything related to Buzz. I'd expect that Uncharted 3 stage for instance to still have elements of the Warhawk crossover that pitch video showed.

Yeah, the simple image can't show the full glory of the stages. Imagine the splash of water in the loco stage, then who knows what happens for the mashup in that stage.

LuuKyK

Anyone want to take a stab at IDing the upper right stage? Is it actually a Resistance stage? All the other stages are very recognizable areas from their respective games, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it is (if you've played Resistance, I haven't).

The three not revealed are detailed in the OP. We know the Uncharted 3 one is the Cargo Plane. The Ape Escape idk, since I've never played the game. The Resistance one, I can't really say. :S

Emitan

Yeah Im sure he will but new Dante and old Dante are not the same characters. If new one is in then I am out, I can't stand that character or the threads about the new DmC that's why I avoid them. The last thing I want is Donte fanbase ruining the PBR threads.

Jeeze... it's not like I avoided Brawl because they used Sonic's modern design. Come on, man.

RedBoot

Any clearer images of the character people are saying is Nu Dante? It looks like Nathan Drake to me...

It wouldn't be Drake, if only because that set of characters is specifically only showing the characters revealed after the initial eight (the first six + Drake and Big Daddy from E3).

Which is kind of interesting, actually. Why show four characters we already know if you're leaking stuff?

Also about the David Hayter thing; aren't there meant to be 30+ character cameos in the background and stuff in the game? I've distinctly heard Captain Qwark talk in the background of Metropolis for instance, so him doing VA-work for the game could just be whatever stage crosses over with Metal Gear Solid. Which would suck, but Sweet Tooth and Radec already play similarly to how Snake would, so it would explain things.

Pretty sold on this being legit, but I hope that's not supposed to be the final roster. Even more of a sausage-fest than Smash and Crash would be a great legacy character to have in this.

Jeeze... it's not like I avoided Brawl because they used Sonic's modern design. Come on, man.
Modern Sonic's the same character as Classic Sonic, was purposely turned into a blend of the two designs moveset/animation wise, nobody expected the classic design in the first place and really, the 'modern' design is nowhere near as bad as DINO is to regular Dante. It's not really a fair comparison.

Superbot must be pissed. Game gets leaked months before reveal, days before each character announcement, you have crazy Nintendo extremists shitting on the game at every chance, people shitting on it on every forum on the internet despite almost universal praise from media and people who play it, and now this.

Must be a pain in the ass doing all that work and having it thrown out there and shat on.

Top Bottom