• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Bioshock 3 ("Parkside project") is the next Bioshock game. Announcement scheduled for this winter. (December 2019 and March 2020)

Fbh

Meh, not sure I really want or need a direct sequel to Bioshock 1-2.
My hope has always been that if we ever get a new one it does the same as Infinite and introduces a mostly standalone story/city.

D.Final

Banned
Meh, not sure I really want or need a direct sequel to Bioshock 1-2.
My hope has always been that if we ever get a new one it does the same as Infinite and introduces a mostly standalone story/city.

I think it would still be interesting to try to create a follow up on the Bioshock 2 events.

Then, if they prefer to opt for a route to Infinite, then they will see them.
But, for my taste, I would be super curious to know the future of the characters in that universe, like Eleanor.
What do they do now, and what are their future plans.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Would it definitely drop in time to still be available for the XBOX ONE and PS4? If they start now, how long would it take? Three years?

D.Final

Banned
Would it definitely drop in time to still be available for the XBOX ONE and PS4? If they start now, how long would it take? Three years?

If they started working on it for 3 years now, as the rumor says, it would not be impossible the relase of the new game for the end of this generation.
(in theory)

Last edited:
Obligatory “I’m one of the few who loved Infinite” post.

Day One for whatever is next

Infinite was insane at the time. It wasn't perfect, but it was REALLY awesome in the dictionary sense of the word. The setting truly gave you a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.

We've had FAR worse games being overhyped and seriously I love glorious nippon, but if the story was done by a japanese dev we wouldn't nitpick so many stuff about it.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is this Bioshock 4 a different game than the one mentioned in OP (I believe they referred to it as Bioshock 3), which is in an advanced state of development?

don’t fuck this up 2K. Give me at least one more single-player Bioshock without any bullshit GAAS or multiplayer MMO crap attached to it.

Obligatory “I’m one of the few who loved Infinite” post.

Day One for whatever is next

I was disappointed, but I probably let my hype get too high.

My biggest problem though was I didn't like how linear most of the levels were, rather than each level being an open environment you explore, most of the game was just straight paths you go down, maybe an optional nook or cranny here and there, but nothing like the exploration of the first game, which I sorely missed.

That and the story didn't make much sense and was poorly explained, the DLC plugged a few plot holes and smoothed things over a bit, but the overall thing is still pretty messy, not as clear eyed and cohesive as Bioshock 1's story.

It's by no means a bad game and certainly has it's moments, but you can tell it had a rocky development.

I honestly feel like a new Bioshock should just use Colombia as the setting again but this time make it more open and less linear, there still loads of potential in that setting (or if not literally Colombia, the same turn of the century time period should be used again)

Wow. That entire job posting sounds like cancer.

"...Diversity. Games are better when they are created by people of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Accessibility matters to us – and this isn’t just about mechanics. All players should be able to relate to the experience we’re creating. And we can’t be more accessible if we’re not actively trying to increase representation on the team and in our game."

3hs1JVK.gif

No. Games are better when the dev team is collectively talented and united towards producing a clear design goal for a well-realised vision with the funding and technology to achieve it. Skin colour and whatever junk you have between your legs plays ZERO part in making a great game.

As NeoGAF's, self-awarded, biggest "BioShock Infinite fan", I hope like hell that this job posting has nothing to do with the next BioShock title.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

No. Games are better when the dev team is collectively talented and united towards producing a clear design goal for a well-realised vision with the funding and technology to achieve it. Skin colour and whatever junk you have between your legs plays ZERO part in making a great game.

As NeoGAF's, self-awarded, biggest "BioShock Infinite fan", I hope like hell that this job posting has nothing to do with the next BioShock title.
1000% agree with this.

I don't need representation of the team members in my games in any way shape or form (unless it'll be done like in late 90s early-mid 2000s). I don't care in what they've believe, whom they support, what they're political and religeous views are and I sure as shit don't want to see any of that in my games and in other forms of entertainment.

I mean, for fuck's sake, people, games were created as a way to escape from our shitty and not perfect real world and from real world / personal problems, to have fun and experience stuff you can't experience in real world. But now it looks like more and more publishers, devs etc. just don't care about this stuff and simply don't give a fuck about escapism not only in a form of video games, but in others too. They want to shove their religeous, political views and agendas, their own personality / likness / race / sexual orientation right into our faces. Granted, not all of them doing this, but it's slowely getting out of hand.

So, If you want to share your religeous, political views, agendas etc. first and if your job is to entertain people, stay the fuck away from creating video games and any other form of entartainment, sole purpose of which is to provide escapism from real world and everything it represents, and I mean - everything.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Infinite was fantastic and I don't understand why people turned on it later. 2 I never liked, 1 was a bit overrated in 2nd half but the beginning and setting are legendary.
I don't have any hope for this one.. not without levine and not as gaas

Last edited:
Bioshock 1 is one of the most overrated games ever.

The twist in Bioshock is one of the greatest moments in my gaming history, my mind was so blown I immediately leapt up and ran to tell my dad what had happened, even though he had no idea what I was playing I just had to tell someone.

Maybe there are valid criticisms to made of the game but I always look at the bigger picture and no twist in any other medium has had quite the impact the twist in Bioshock had on me.

Caffeine

The twist in Bioshock is one of the greatest moments in my gaming history, my mind was so blown I immediately leapt up and ran to tell my dad what had happened, even though he had no idea what I was playing I just had to tell someone.

Maybe there are valid criticisms to made of the game but I always look at the bigger picture and no twist in any other medium has had quite the impact the twist in Bioshock had on me.
thats because you grew an attachment to the character since the begining of the game he was explaining rapture with such detail only to twist out of nowhere. how could my boi fuck me over we homies, boi what is you doing.
source.gif

I remember people in school always talking about the game because during that time period the only atmospheric games were horror games. so someone bringing it up as overrated clearly doesnt understand the times surrounding the game. plus everything else that was coming out in that gen was in your standard gray or brown color scheme.

SnapShot

People who think Bioshock is overrated are probably the same people who were disappointed because they didn't get a Fancy Rehash of System Shock 2.

thats because you grew an attachment to the character since the begining of the game he was explaining rapture with such detail only to twist out of nowhere. how could my boi fuck me over we homies, boi what is you doing.
source.gif

I remember people in school always talking about the game because during that time period the only atmospheric games were horror games. so someone bringing it up as overrated clearly doesnt understand the times surrounding the game. plus everything else that was coming out in that gen was in your standard gray or brown color scheme.

I definitely had some suspicions about Atlas, but I never made the connection between him and Fontaine at all, when I heard Atlas laughing I knew he had been up to no good, but it was when he was revealed to be Fontaine that really blew my mind and the whole "would you kindly" thing was so creepy.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What is an apartment thief?

Shifty

You're gonna need those fanatical fanboys and fangirls if you want to scare everyone else off with live service crap in a franchise that built its name around narrative.

Dios mio with this shit.

iorek21

"...Diversity. Games are better when they are created by people of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Accessibility matters to us – and this isn’t just about mechanics. All players should be able to relate to the experience we’re creating. And we can’t be more accessible if we’re not actively trying to increase representation on the team and in our game."

Yet another game being made by a band of functional illiterates that can only thing about being woke enough.

Great narrative with deep meanings and themes? Nah
Great well-developed characters? Nah
Innovation in level design and gameplay mechanics? NOPE

DIVERSE CAST WITH LOTS OF REPRESENTATION??????????????????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAINLESS ENDGAME CONTENT????? HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

558.jpeg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Infinite was fantastic and I don't understand why people turned on it later. 2 I never liked, 1 was a bit overrated in 2nd half but the beginning and setting are legendary.
I don't have any hope for this one.. not without levine and not as gaas
I'd say this sums up my feelings. The 2nd one had great gameplay, but weak level design and was utterly forgettable experience. None of the locations really drew me in. It had great DLC in Minerva's Den though. The 3rd one was a lot of fun IMO.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Gonna tank hard. Bioshock as an IP is less relevant and appealing than Terminator is to current movie audiences.

Just because people know the name, and it was liked in the past doesn't mean its still viable. Bioshock trended down steeply with every release and lacks a focal character or mechanical identity to draw people in.

DonF

Yeah no thanks. To me, Bioshock is Ken Levine. If he isnt involved (Bioshock 2) ill wait for reviews and maybe a deep sale.

Also, the focus must be story and single player. Just do another game, and don't try to piggyback off the Bioshock name.

Reactions: Isa

3hs1JVK.gif

Diversity = Tax Break. Let's not pretend they are trying to be nice.

• Thoughtful

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I keep forgetting this is 2K.

Well, it's been a while. I think the world is ready for a new one, fingers crossed.

dDoc

I'd say this sums up my feelings. The 2nd one had great gameplay, but weak level design and was utterly forgettable experience. None of the locations really drew me in. It had great DLC in Minerva's Den though. The 3rd one was a lot of fun IMO.

For one the promised "plasmids" were barely present. The setting doesnt hold a candle to the original.

Dang it GaaS and diversity prioritisation has deflated my hype to below zero. Backlog is huge so guess Im covered for while.

MiguelItUp

Bioshock 1 is one of the most overrated games ever.
giphy.gif

Honestly I was a big fan of the first game, the second was pretty good, and Infinite was alright. From where I'm currently sitting I don't know if I'd want a "Bioshock 3" title. Kind of hard for it to not feel like they're just riding the coattails of a known brand/name.

Yeah no thanks. To me, Bioshock is Ken Levine. If he isnt involved (Bioshock 2) ill wait for reviews and maybe a deep sale.

Also, the focus must be story and single player. Just do another game, and don't try to piggyback off the Bioshock name.

Exactly. That's where I'm at.

Perrott

Gold Member
Is this Bioshock 4 a different game than the one mentioned in OP (I believe they referred to it as Bioshock 3), which is in an advanced state of development?

don’t fuck this up 2K. Give me at least one more single-player Bioshock without any bullshit GAAS or multiplayer MMO crap attached to it.
Yes, the Bioshock "4" mentioned in job listings is a different game than the Bioshock 3 mentioned in the OP (which is just another fake 4chan rumor).

3hs1JVK.gif

Man I love that Gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yet another game being made by a band of functional illiterates that can only thing about being woke enough.

Great narrative with deep meanings and themes? Nah
Great well-developed characters? Nah
Innovation in level design and gameplay mechanics? NOPE

DIVERSE CAST WITH LOTS OF REPRESENTATION??????????????????? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAINLESS ENDGAME CONTENT????? HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

558.jpeg

What's wrong with you dude?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Looking ahead, Take-Two has the strongest development pipeline in its history,
including sequels from our biggest franchises as well as exciting new IP. We are actively investing in emerging markets, platforms and business models, and are exceedingly well positioned to capitalize on the positive trends in our industry and to generate growth and margin expansion over the long-term.”

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

3hs1JVK.gif

Ha. I knew this was coming as soon as I read “fanatic fangirls”.

When are these dumbfuck companies going to learn?

Top Bottom