• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Bioshock 3 ("Parkside project") is the next Bioshock game. Announcement scheduled for this winter. (December 2019 and March 2020)

D.Final

Banned
A very rich piece of information about the new 2K project regarding the new game of the Bioshock series has recently come out from the pages of Reddit and 4chan.

IV0Mwhr.jpg

vMiyXOY.jpg

1Ih3TV4.jpg

ojhVNsE.jpg

There are several interesting aspects, including openworld maps.
It will be interesting to see what they can create with the next game :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

A simultaneous sequel to both 2 and Infinite. This could be good if true, but the GAAS already feels a bit off-putting. I want to like this though, so I think I'll just wait for both official confirmation and clarification on what this will actually mean to me as a gamer before I can make a decision.

Make me need this, 2K. The ball's in your court.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Gaas would ruin this kind of a game.

The concept sounds very good though. Guess I better replay the first 3!

Shifty

I find it hard to believe that they'd crunch together the Rapture and Columbia universes rather than stringing off another independent one. It seemed relatively plausible outside of that.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
4chan leaks are about as legit these days as ...you know what I don't have a joke.

I'm interested simply because I loved the first two. Infinite was alright but not as good as the first two. If they could capture the magic of 1 and 2 with some modern game design and graphics it would be amazing!!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
if the main characters are like Infinite couple... im on it.

The plot is ok... but i prefer the one in Neogaf.... The Body Human exploration.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
The next Bioshock game is still in preproduction, so there's no way that the development started "more than 3 years ago".

I don't know why are we still making threads about random 4chan crap....

Codswallop_

Neophyte
I mean...I'd play it. Sounds kind of like Bioshock x Dishonored. But I'm not exactly thirsting for another Bioshock game, would rather something original.

Last edited:
Why they keep pumping potentially AAA budget games on a weak ass current gen?🤢..save the energy an effort for Scarlet and PS5..kinna same goes for CyberPunk and its struggles to run/look decently, but it gets a pass as it was announced 45yrs ago 🤭

mango drank

Bioshock is/was always about something "new". Why stray from it? Would much rather it be for example, in Antarctica. Miles below the frozen over-world of redundancy, genetically modified tv dinners, and tentacle anime

Came here to post this. All the [x]shocks so far have taken place in fantastical locales set apart from the normal world. Open-world London doesn't fit the pattern. Yeah I know devs should be free to experiment and stray from their formulas, but why would they stray towards something so blah? Hoping this rumor is fake.

Hudo

Weird that we might see a new BioShock even before Ken Levine's new project, which is some sort of modular, open-ended story thing, if I remember interviews correctly. I think he wanted to do something like "Legos but for story and player progression" or something. In any case, I liked all the BioShock and System Shock games, so bring it on!

Ovek

7Member7
Why they keep pumping potentially AAA budget games on a weak ass current gen?🤢..save the energy an effort for Scarlet and PS5..kinna same goes for CyberPunk and its struggles to run/look decently, but it gets a pass as it was announced 45yrs ago 🤭

Why when they can "remaster" it and sell it to you again?

D.Final

Banned
I'm interested simply because I loved the first two. Infinite was alright but not as good as the first two. If they could capture the magic of 1 and 2 with some modern game design and graphics it would be amazing!!

If they can recreate the atmosphere of Bioshock 1 and 2 in this new Bioshock 3, I think it could be really great.

brap

Banned
Fucking 4chan “leaks” why do people even trust them?

Anyways, I want a new bioshock!
Ahem

This sounds fake as hell, the entire core of Bioshock is fictional cities being the settings, instead this time it's.... London? I at the very least sincerely hope that's not what they're going with, because that idea sounds lame as hell.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bioshock Infinite Burial At Sea Episode 2 retcon out elements of Bioshock 2's story?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
That whole 4chan post read so badly, that it may well have been written by a 12 year old.

I want a new Bioshock too, but... Come on...

D.Final

Banned
This sounds fake as hell, the entire core of Bioshock is fictional cities being the settings, instead this time it's.... London? I at the very least sincerely hope that's not what they're going with, because that idea sounds lame as hell.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bioshock Infinite Burial At Sea Episode 2 retcon out elements of Bioshock 2's story?

Technically, both Rapture and Columbia are cities invented in a context given by the real world.
(in fact, the very first game of Bioshock 1, in the flight of Jack's prologue, mentions England as its destination)
[although it is all premeditated, this context of existence of the world has not ceased to exist]
Another example can be Paris in Bioshock Infinite.

This is why I think that the setting of London in 1971 could easily be plausible in the end.

As for the narrative, I'm pretty sure they will find a way to make it interesting.

D.Final

Banned
I need to know if Ken Levine is involved? If he is not I have no interest (or a really cautious interest that will wait for reviews)

I really think that Ken Levine will be part of the production of the project.
(and even if he was not a total director of the project, at least as co-director of the game)

dorkimoe

Been playing the remaster on xbox one, hope they just make the combat better and more rpg stuff, but I welcome this

Top Bottom