• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] The next State of Play (1 November 2019) and the future Playstation Meeting 2020 (12 February 2020), have been scheduled

D.Final

Banned
A recent source inside the Sony Playstation studios has communicated interesting information about the next plans of the company's programs.

TNWoFgq.jpg

hxu2iaq.jpg

xCu4px9.jpg

XiupXcW.jpg

Last edited:

Tarkus98

February 2020... sounds about right. Looking forward to both, but the February meeting also detailing Ghosts should rock.

Bryank75

Banned
It's a lie!
A total fabrication!
It was made-up!
Wrong!
Not this time!
This one was created by a team of writers!
It's an urban legend that never happened!

I don't understand these companies who won't delay their games to have better launch titles for their new systems, even 1 year in advance. I don't know, must be unreasonable, but it's definitely the culprit as to why the PS4's launch lineup sucked, imagine if they had TLOU and Gran Turismo 6 as launch titles for the PS4.

I'm predicting smaller, more VR-oriented announcements during this event, no PSX, and a megaton E3 next year.

yurinka

• State of Play (Nov.1): DS launch trailer and TLOU2 release date (May 2020)
  • PlayStation Meeting (Feb.12): PS5 reveal+TLOU2+GoT
  • PSVR2 under development
Sounds legit, in line with the PS5 November 2020 launch I expect and a PSVR2 announcement maybe somewhere in 2021.

Last edited:

Klayzer

I don't understand these companies who won't delay their games to have better launch titles for their new systems, even 1 year in advance. I don't know, must be unreasonable, but it's definitely the culprit as to why the PS4's launch lineup sucked, imagine if they had TLOU and Gran Turismo 6 as launch titles for the PS4.

I'm predicting smaller, more VR-oriented announcements during this event, no PSX, and a megaton E3 next year.
Nintendo has mastered the art of delaying a current gen title for the their nextgen console. BOTW and Twilight Princess being the most famous ones.

Hell, gamers that bought a WIIU got the equivalent of "blue balls" waiting all last gen on Zelda. I should know because my balls have not been the same since.

Klayzer

gotta say - sony really seems to have figured out how to schedule their releases perfectly

theres always something to look forward to soon on their release calendar
I'm not the biggest Sony fan, but you have to give them credit for how they have handled this gen (crossplay/censorship not withstanding).

100% agree.
Multiplatform games carried the Ps4 in the early days and the gap towards the Xbox One was not that big.
That changed dramatically later on with the hugely successful first party games and snowball.
If they had a stronger launch line up, Ps4 could've outsold Xbox One by 3:1 worldwide and not only a little over 2:1

This is something that improved over the course of this generation. In the beginning, there were lulls.
It was awful. The first 3 E3's were a drag because all they did was announce games that were either years in advance or small Indie titles and multiplatform Indies at that.

100% agree.
Multiplatform games carried the Ps4 in the early days and the gap towards the Xbox One was not that big.
That changed dramatically later on with the hugely successful first party games and snowball.
If they had a stronger launch line up, Ps4 could've outsold Xbox One by 3:1 worldwide and not only a little over 2:1
I'm glad somebody understands, hopefully everyone else does.

Thabass

Someone tell me why we should believe 4Chan "leaks" again?

Not all 4chan leaks turn out false. That said you should you take any rumor with a grain of salt. This one has some weight to it though since it seems pretty percise and is using language that seems like it could be truthful.

Regardless, you always take these things with a grain of salt and use your own conclusions.

Not all 4chan leaks turn out false. That said you should you take any rumor with a grain of salt. This one has some weight to it though since it seems pretty percise and is using language that seems like it could be truthful.

Regardless, you always take these things with a grain of salt and use your own conclusions.
This

another day, an another /v/ rumor. they all ready the same. its so silly

they write them out so professionally. when all real leaks is a person saying 1 sentence. this is a damn made up essay

A little strange to say marketing in the coming months will concentrate on Death Stranding and TLOU2 when TLOU2 isn't due until May according to the leak.

Maybe TLOU2 is arriving earlier than May?

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the PS5 at last too.

Gamernyc78

Banned
This is something that improved over the course of this generation. In the beginning, there were lulls.

There's lulls with every system. I was content with ganes like Driveclub, Infamous and KZ mp. I thought thy did a great job of having a gd amount of f2p games available at launch to fill in voids.

Gamernyc78

Banned
grav-c4j.gif

Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_%28Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater%29.gif

Farewell my PS4. You give me 2 of the best games of my life... thank you such much, one of the best consoles that i have it.

Rip my og, day one tht just died yesterday after hours upon hours of daily use, it was a trooper. I gave it to my son after I bought a pro and as soon as it died yesterday I bought a slim. Definiteky one of the best consoles I've had.

THE:MILKMAN

I don't believe any of these 4chan leaks personally (why not post here or Reset?) but this one is notable as it doesn't even mention the 25th anniversary. I seriously doubt Sony will skip doing something for it from mid-November through the Game awards in early December at least.

They still have a 20th anniversary section on the PlayStation website.

Ozrimandias

It false
No way
Not this time
It never happened
It fake
Not this time
We've made this up
Not a chance
Not this time
It never happened
Not this time
It never happened
We've made this one up

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I don't believe any of these 4chan leaks personally (why not post here or Reset?) but this one is notable as it doesn't even mention the 25th anniversary. I seriously doubt Sony will skip doing something for it from mid-November through the Game awards in early December at least.

Its not exactly implausible, but I'm a bit dubious about the timings also. I would expect them to tap the gas a bit more during the holiday season with some sort of anniversary showcase.

That being said, its not going to be too far off the reality, no matter what. August has Gamescom, September TGS, so realistically October is going to be the first month they have open to do additional promotion. My only doubt is due to the first quarter of calendar 2020 being really stacked, December seems like a perfect month to do something big.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Because anyone who does have inside information if posted here or especially at Reset gets totally roasted.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
  • State of Play (Nov.1): DS launch trailer and TLOU2 release date (May 2020)
  • PlayStation Meeting (Feb.12): PS5 reveal+TLOU2+GoT
  • PSVR2 under development
Sounds legit, in line with the PS5 November 2020 launch I expect and a PSVR2 announcement maybe somewhere in 2021.

If all of this is true, it'll be the most fun 3 month time span Playstation will have in years on GAF!!! 3 HUGE exclusives and PS5 news. Man put me in a coma and wake me up November 1st :messenger_tears_of_joy:

bitbydeath

So when is Sony going to reveal the name of their new studio? Are they waiting to acquire more studios first so they can announce them all at once?

Why so secretive?

Top Bottom