• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] The next State of Play (1 November 2019) and the future Playstation Meeting 2020 (12 February 2020), have been scheduled

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Going to call bullshit on all of this. And sticking with GOT in February 2020 and TLOUP2 in June 2020.

D.Final

Banned
Sounds good! They should make Ghosts of tsushima a launch title for PS5.

I agree.

I think that Ghost of Tsushima it will probably have the potential to represents one of the very first and big games that will be able to exploit the potential of the new console.

Hype for the next State of Play (1 November 2019), and for the Playstation Meeting (12 February) 2020.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Man.. TLOU 2 in fucking MAY?!

I was seriously prepping for Feb. What a ridiculous wait time.

Perrott

Gold Member
Fake.

Microsoft has a marketing deal with EA for Jedi Fallen Order, no way that the game will show up at a State of Play episode. Also, the May 2020 release date for TLOU2 makes no sense at all, I mean, every single leak it's pointing towards a February release.

Last edited:

psygn0sis

There is no reason for Sony to announce TLOU2 release date a week before DS release when DS marketing push will be at its best...

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Maybe it will come back for PS5 after Ghost of Tsushima.
I wouldn't find it strange if Ghost of [insert name here] becomes their franchise.
Given the time and money being spent and reboot and what's not we are hearing to meet next-gen standards* it doesn't strike me as a one off project.
More so with larger and probably more dynamic worlds being possible with the upcoming generation, the market has space for something like that because all other rendition (to my knowledge) have a western theme.

D.Final

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima is my most anticipated title after of course tlou2. Hearing about PSVR2 also warms my heart. I will buy both day one.

It will be interesting to see the new PSVR 2 in the next 1/2 years.

And to see how much it will be evolved compared to the previous one :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

yurinka

So when is Sony going to reveal the name of their new studio? Are they waiting to acquire more studios first so they can announce them all at once?

Why so secretive?
Maybe they still don't have any new studio. Or if they have it, they may still not have a name.

D.Final

Banned
So when is Sony going to reveal the name of their new studio? Are they waiting to acquire more studios first so they can announce them all at once?

Why so secretive?

I think it will happen either at the Playstation Meeting on February 12th 2020.
(to present the studies that are working on new games for the new console)
Or directly to E3 2020.

It was weird how that series up and died when, from what I remember, every single game had good-to-great reviews and sales.

Yeah, they had great gameplay. The quest design was far too bland and got worse as the series went on, but playing it was awesome. SP is a fantastic and underrated studio, I hope they don't fuck up their great catalogue by making Ghost of Sushi a walk 'em-up bonding simulator.

dlbeast

I don't understand these companies who won't delay their games to have better launch titles for their new systems, even 1 year in advance. I don't know, must be unreasonable, but it's definitely the culprit as to why the PS4's launch lineup sucked, imagine if they had TLOU and Gran Turismo 6 as launch titles for the PS4.

I'm predicting smaller, more VR-oriented announcements during this event, no PSX, and a megaton E3 next year.
Higher install base, then new console, plus double dipping=$........thats why.

Vawn

Banned
Oh YES, PSVR2 :messenger_smiling_hearts:
My brain is ready.
Can't thanks enough Sony for the PSVR.

I love the PSVR too, but it is still hurting for the really good games. Astrobot is probably the only VR system seller imo. There are other really good games like Moss and Tetris Effect, but still not enough.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I love the PSVR too, but it is still hurting for the really good games. Astrobot is probably the only VR system seller imo. There are other really good games like Moss and Tetris Effect, but still not enough.

Nah thts all opinion. There's over 10 games thts lit imo and well worth entry. Firewall, Moss, ASTRO, PSVR Resi Evil, Arizona Sunshine, Beat Saber, Blood and Truth,Borderlands VR, Super Hot, Far Point, Rush of Blood, Star Trek Bridge crew, etccc

Idc if not all are exclusives I have played all of these and enjoyed them on PSVR and thy were all worth it to me. Every game doesn't have to be a Super Mario 64 moment or system seller even though Astrobot Def is imo they just need to have a nice package and the support for PSVR has been great, again imo.

Bryank75

Banned
A recent source inside the Sony Playstation studios has communicated interesting information about the next plans of the company's programs.

TNWoFgq.jpg

hxu2iaq.jpg

xCu4px9.jpg

XiupXcW.jpg

Some nice mentions in articles...

D.Final

Banned
There is no reason for Sony to announce TLOU2 release date a week before DS release when DS marketing push will be at its best...

I think there is not much correlation in announcing the launch date of The Last of Us Part 2 before the release of Death Stranding.

Because, in any case, both games will have the opportunity to make their marketing path in extreme comfort, considering the times taken by Sony with the next State of Play on November 1st, and the next Playstation Meeting on February 12th 2020.

D.Final

Banned
Oh YES, PSVR2 :messenger_smiling_hearts:
My brain is ready.
Can't thanks enough Sony for the PSVR.

If it will be supported as much as the first PSVR, and if it will be supported even more by many developers of triple A games, it could have the potential to become something really stratospheric :messenger_smiling_hearts:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If it will be supported as much as the first PSVR, and if it will be supported even more by many developers of triple A games, it could have the potential to become something really stratospheric :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Can't Wait!!!

I expect much higher resolution screens for even less of a screen-door effect, wider degrees, and possibly wireless.

New controls as well, I would guess.

D.Final

Banned
Man.. TLOU 2 in fucking MAY?!

I was seriously prepping for Feb. What a ridiculous wait time.

Think of the positive side.
The more time Naughty Dog has to work on The Last of Us Part 2, the greater the final quality of the work will be.

Furthermore, considering that the game will be released in May 2020, it can be a great preview of what will await us on the Sony stage for the future E3 2020.

D.Final

Banned
Daniel Zhuge, who is a reliable Sony insider, said these rumors are fake btw

Ah man that sucks.

It's not wise take the words of the "insiders" in general for "true".
(and especially the best known ones)

For the simple reason that they are the first to be "guided" in diverting attention based on various factors.
(including those of "personal profit" on the credibility given to them)

For example this:

LwhdZkx.jpg

(cover of a Switch Mini, passed off as fake by the insider, and instead ....)

Blood Borne

I hope PS5 doesn’t launch until late 2021 or 2022. That’s right, you heard me. I believe PS4 still has a lot of life left in it. It hasn’t fully matured both in price and games.

Perrott

Gold Member
I hope PS5 doesn’t launch until late 2021 or 2022. That’s right, you heard me. I believe PS4 still has a lot of life left in it. It hasn’t fully matured both in price and games.
PS4 is struggling to run the latest games, you can see that with Battlefield V (low res, unstable framerate), Days Gone (unstable framerate), Ace Combat 7 (low res, unstable framerate) and many other recent releases. Next year the hardware will be pushed beyond it's actual limits by games like FF7R (low res) and Cyberpunk 2077 (low res, heavily downgraded compared to the enhanced consoles/PC), and while titles like TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima are going to look and run really well, that would be because those games are First Party projects running on engines optimized and built with the strenghts and weaknesses of the PS4 hardware in mind.

Personally I want the PS5 to come out as soon as possible because I'm starting to see how we have reached the roof of what the PS4 hardware is truly capable of, and beside all of that, I just want to see how next-gen games look like (Avatar, EA Motive's new IP, Starfield, Horizon 2, the new Gran Turismo, whatever Rocksteady is working on, etc).

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
PS4 is struggling to run the latest games, you can see that with Battlefield V (low res, unstable framerate), Days Gone (unstable framerate), Ace Combat 7 (low res, unstable framerate) and many other recent releases. Next year the hardware will be pushed beyond it's actual limits by games like FF7R (low res) and Cyberpunk 2077 (low res, heavily downgraded compared to the enhanced consoles/PC), and while titles like TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima are going to look and run really well, that would be because those games are First Party projects running on engines optimized and built with the strenghts and weaknesses of the PS4 hardware in mind.

Personally I want the PS5 to come out as soon as possible because I'm starting to see how we have reached the roof of what the PS4 hardware is truly capable of, and beside all of that, I just want to see how next-gen games look like (Avatar, EA Motive's new IP, Starfield, Horizon 2, the new Gran Turismo, whatever Rocksteady is working on, etc).

I will wait to play the new games on the P$500. I’ll buy them at a slightly cheaper price as a result as well.

psygn0sis

Sony won't leave so much space to Xbox Scarlett, PS5 will be out by fall 2020 IMHO

D.Final

Banned

As much as I love PS4, the comming of PS5 for 2020 is almost certain.
Both for the agreements made by Sony with AMD for the chips for the new generation, and to counter the arrival of the Xbox Scarlet, which Microsoft wants to launch by the end of 2020.
(and I don't think Sony will leave the field free to Microsoft, in the console market)

Furthermore, the latest exclusive PS4 games coming for 2020 will be Medievil, Death Stranding, Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last of Us Part 2, and probably Ghost of Tsushima in cross-gen with PS5.
And besides these, there are no more new exclusive games for PS4.
(so it is likely that the new games that will be announced at the Playstation Meeting 2020 in February, and at E3 2020, by Sony will be new exclusives for the new PS5, such as Horizon Zero Dawn 2)

Top Bottom