• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Major Pokémon Switch Details Leaked, Reveal Coming This Month

JnFnRu

Having this announced now hopefully means more Switch Nintendo announcements at E3 non-Pokemon related (Unless they reveal the RPG then)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don't think they understand why Pokemon GO was so popular. You could just download the app for free and play around on your mobile phone. No casual is gonna buy a 350 euro console to play a casual Pokemon game. And back to Gen 1 again, sigh. As someone who has played every single generation, gen 1 Pokemon bore me to tears.

I have zero interest in this and I'll be waiting for the hopefully proper Pokemon game that's coming out in 2019.

This will sell well with kids and probably push quite a few consoles this holiday season. I don’t think they expect anywhere near Pokemon Go numbers for it.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Having this announced now hopefully means more Switch Nintendo announcements at E3 non-Pokemon related (Unless they reveal the RPG then)
I guess not. There's a lot of stuff that Nintendo still holds. This gonna be great.

I can't trust 'Emily Rogers' with her dubious leaks, PixelPar is much more convincing but if this is real, I hope that Game Freak do an overhaul in the base stats, from all Pokémon.
Saw that some time ago, but it's from Emily Rogers who's been wrong very often as well iirc. So I'd take this with a few dozen kegs of salt tbh.
This. She spouts a lot of garbage that is completely false, but people for some reason hang on to the very few times she is right.

I am going to consider most of this with a mountain of salt by my side as this just seems like another baseless rumor from Rogers.
Emily Rogers koffing up her fake bullshit again?
Emily is the one who is often wrong about Nintendo Direct dates, right?
Emily Rogers is just hungry for some attention.
Emily Rogers is like infinite apes eventually writing Shakespeare.

Its not even hard to guess a hand full of things.

And when the franchise is Pokemon you can practically guess everything

Oh, you guys...

Yagami_Sama

That "leak" made me think of a lot of things, like, imagine if on Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu you play as a trainer , who chose Pikachu as the starter and on Let's Go Eevee, you play as some trainer that receive a Eevee from your uncle which have some influence as a professor.

Pokemon Red / Blue remake confirmed.

Looking back, my guess was not that wrong.

Yagami_Sama

And the interesting part, at least for me, was that the "insiders" was leaking things from a game, thinking that were other game. At least, this is the impression I have.

Chessr

2 things i noticed second time i watched it

1. I may remember wrong but is it possible to get bulbasaur in old Yellow ? Because player 2 have one.

2. At the end they say "your first adventure in a new style"
That could mean that this is the way they play from now on. Thoughts ?

-MD-

1. I may remember wrong but is it possible to get bulbasaur in old Yellow ? Because player 2 have one.

Pretty sure you could have all 3 starters in yellow.

bosnianpie

I don't know what to make of this. I love Kanto and would probably play it for the nostalgia only but at the same time it feels so dumbed down. What is the challenge now that we can't do some training? Another question that pops up is the cross-play with GO, do I need to walk around in my city to get all 151? Will some Pokémon be exclusive to GO?

Also I don't own a Switch and always said that only Pokémon could make me buy one. Would it be worth buying this in November knowing that we're getting a core game next year?

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God

Pretty sure you could have all 3 starters in yellow.
1= That is a big yes. You can have the starters doing the main quest.

2= It's a new game based on Pokémon Yellow. Not really a reboot, but at the same time is. You will see stuff that you saw in Yellow, but new stuff too. Also, if Emilly Rogers is right, you will meet with Red and Blue.
Also I don't own a Switch and always said that only Pokémon could make me buy one. Would it be worth buying this in November knowing that we're getting a core game next year?
It's a year later... you can buy both, one of them or even none. It's just more Pokémon.

Last edited:

Chessr

1= That is a big yes. You can have the starters doing the main quest.

2= It's a new game based on Pokémon Yellow. Not really a reboot, but at the same time is. You will see stuff that you saw in Yellow, but new stuff too. Also, if Emilly Rogers is right, you will meet with Red and Blue.

I think you misunderstood my second thoughts/question :)

Could def get all 3 in yellow. Also “your first adventur ein a new style” could mean... the first time you played pokemon revisited in a new style of play

You missed the one I said I'd be disappointed if it wasn't a Japanese guy.
Plus I knew them to be accurate I was just saying things while coked up

Yeah. Sure.

I ws just poiting to the fact that people were straight up saying she was a lier when she actually got the rumor on point. People tend to pay more attention to misses than hits.

Chessr

I read around the web that people is afraid that motion control is mandatory. Why would it be? How would you Play handheld then ?

I read around the web that people is afraid that motion control is mandatory. Why would it be? How would you Play handheld then ?
Iirc gameinformer did a whole write up interview about these games. Lots of info on it.

Motion is mandatory to catch. In handheld mode you use the gyroscope and flick with joystick.

-MD-

Mandatory motion controls means I'm out. The only way I'm playing it is if I can use my pro controller like a normal video game.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Cutting to the real deal:
November 16, 2018

Pokémon Quest - available now (free) for the Switch, later on smartphones

2019 will have other game - probably 8th gen
prof.jpg

For more info, check out: https://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-major-pokemon-switch-details-leaked-reveal-coming-this-month

Ed1t:
Eurogamer (PT-PT) also posted: https://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2...o-pikachu-e-eevee-sao-os-novos-jogos-na-serie

Edit 2:

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-pokemon-switch-reveal-happening-soon-unconfirmed-details/

Edit 3:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35614124#p35614144
Not really the 150 pokémons, but those within and their evolution - like Elekid, Porygon 2, evolutions of Eevee... maybe Alola forms?

Edit 4:

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/official-project-eevee-account-says-prepare-for-tomorrow

Edit 5:

Edit 6:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6403401/pokemon-switch-gamefreak-lets-go-pikachu-eevee/

Was so disappointed to see this. Nintendo is so bad at making money. No Pokemon Snap for for Wii U and this clown show for Switch. What're they thinking.

Codes 208

Was so disappointed to see this. Nintendo is so bad at making money. No Pokemon Snap for for Wii U and this clown show for Switch. What're they thinking.
Yup. Just absolutely horrendous at making money. The 30+ years as a system publisher outliving other former giants like atari and sega, owning 3 of the top 5 best selling systems of all time, sold 17+mil switches in a single year, making millions off of IPs like pokemon, zelda and mario on an annual basis and in culture where the meme "it prints money!" Originated with the DS.

Yeah, they have no idea what theyre doing. /s

I get the dissapointment, but thats just hyperbole. The thirst for new pokemon is going to end up with this game selling millions, thats almost gauranteed especially since its looking to be their big holiday release.

Zannegan

Mandatory motion controls means I'm out. The only way I'm playing it is if I can use my pro controller like a normal video game.
Given what we know about the motion controls, may I ask why? Their implementation seems so limited that they're barely there, like the spin move in Mario Galaxy rather than, I dunno, Disaster: Day of Crisis or something.

I'm not arguing that you should get it. Personally, I think there are lots of reasons to give this one a pass. I'm just curious as to what about this particular feature makes it the final straw for you.

As for the pro controller, I'd be surprised if this game didn't allow for it, though it will almost certainly use motion controls as well, so no help there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom