• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Man Of Steel 2 to Introduce Black Adam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/10/shazam-black-adam-man-of-steel-2-rumor-the-rock/
http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-2-black-adam-dceu/
The news comes thanks to a new Reddit user claiming to have inside information from the DC creative team. The post claims that Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam will be the main villain in Man of Steel 2, after DC played with the idea of having him make a brief appearance in the sequel originally. But the post says that DC felt Johnson deserved a bigger role than just a cameo appearance and that the Shazam! movie that was announced originally is “practically off the table at this point,” though fans can expect to see Billy Batson in a film sometime down the line. The user also suggests that Vaughn is still talking to Warners about directing Man of Steel 2, but the studio is looking at other filmmakers as well, possibly to try and pressure Vaughn into making a decision.

Meanwhile:
The Rock teases a big Black Adam surprise is coming to the DC Films Universe
http://batman-news.com/2017/04/10/the-rock-black-adam-dc-surprise/
“We’ve had great discussions with Geoff Johns over at DC. This is a really fun, cool time for DC right now because they’re world-building,” Johnson told MTV’s Josh Horowitz. “We’re seeing that with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. We have a few surprises down the line.”
“So what we decided to do was to create a scenario where Black Adam has his stand-alone movie, and Captain Marvel, Shazam, has his stand-alone movie,” he added. “We’re building our world that way, and then we can come together at some other point.”

Johnson also teased a big surprise for his Black Adam character, but the only hint he would give was “it’s just f*cking awesome.” You can check out all of his comments in the video above.

Seesaw15

I'll eat all the crow in the world. Man of Steel 2 is not happening. Best case they treat Superman like the Hulk and have him costar in other peoples movies.

Loxley

Cool, and I was just commenting in the DCEU thread today that WB is fucking up by not doing anything with the Rock despite being the hottest commodity in Hollywood right now.

I'll eat all the crow in the world. Man of Steel 2 is not happening. Best case they treat Superman like the Hulk and have him costar in other peoples movies.

There's no way they're going have Superman play second-fiddle to the Flash, Cyborg, or Aqua-Man - he's too popular for that.

If there is one way to make MoS2 happen, it's by casting the biggest star in the world in it.

This rumor smells like bullshit but it'd be a smart way for WB to play it.

If they were smart, I think Superman's "rebirth" would allow them to give him an actual personality and Boy Scout persona. Sorta a renewed sense of duty, etc.

Just yesterday Dwayne was asked about the status of Black Adam and Shazam and nothing changed. Maybe anonymous Reddit person knows more.

Da-Kid

-Why is Black Adam a Superman villain before a Shazam villain
-Why can't we have Brainiac, or Mongul, or a Superman originated villain?
-Why is Black Adam getting his own movie presumably before Shazam?
-Why do we have more info on Black Adam than MOTHER-FUCKING-SHAZAM???

It's like if Aquaman was fighting Captain Cold before we know anything about Flash.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
If they were smart, I think Superman's "rebirth" would allow them to give him an actual personality and Boy Scout persona. Sorta a renewed sense of duty, etc.
I have always assumed that was the plan. It always seemed like Man of Steel intended to set up a 3 point arc where Superman learns to be Superman but everything just got goofed up.

Honestly, if executed correctly it coulda been some powerful stuff.

The Kree

Banned
The news comes thanks to a new Reddit user

mSz2jjL.gif

Sesha

Superman vs. The Rock would be a great premise for a silly movie. If WB/DC scraps Shazam then I can see this happening, regardless of whether or not what this Reddit user is saying is true.

Anyway I really hope the movie is called something like Man of Tomorrow, that WB/DC isn't so scared and paranoid that audiences wouldn't recognize it as a sequel to Man of Steel.

Sesha

wait how can there be a man of steel 2 if superman is dead?

Superman isn't going to stay dead. WB has been planning a post-BvS sequel for a while. Superman is gonna come back to life in Justice League, which was hinted at in the ending of BvS. Yes, it's stupid.

-Why is Black Adam a Superman villain before a Shazam villain
-Why can't we have Brainiac, or Mongul, or a Superman originated villain?
-Why is Black Adam getting his own movie presumably before Shazam?
-Why do we have more info on Black Adam than MOTHER-FUCKING-SHAZAM???

It's like if Aquaman was fighting Captain Cold before we know anything about Flash.
Because Adam is being played by the most electrifying man in sports entertainment.

Glass Rebel

is black his first name and adam his last name or is black adam japanese and black is his last name and adam is his first either way it's kinda fucked up

Alienous

Maybe they should have Superman share his movie with Shazam. I think DC had an animated short film like that and it worked. Clark Kent was doing a Daily Bugle piece of street urchins and met Billy, or something.

Acidote

Supes should return as a fucking beacon of light in the middle of all the DC cinematic universe gloomy edgy environment. He's not suposed to be that humanized or imperfect. He's supposed to be an ideal.

Alienous

You know, thinking about it, and watching a clip of the short movie DC made about it, Superman/Shazam movie could work.

Superman playing a mentor to a character that would fill a Robin-like role. Teaching Shazam how to be a hero, and therefore becoming more of a hero himself. Working together to take down Black Adam.

Could be a good, fun, simple movie.

Rootbeer

Banned
I really want a Shazam film. Putting Black Adam in MoS2 and leaving Shazam out in the cold is just wrong. They are only wanting to do it this way because The Rock makes for a very marketable villain. This is not the way T__T

opricnik

Banned
You know, thinking about it, and watching a clip of the short movie DC made about it, Superman/Shazam movie could work.

Superman playing a mentor to a character that would fill a Robin-like role. Teaching Shazam how to be a hero, and therefore becoming more of a hero himself. Working together to take down Black Adam.

Could be a good, fun, simple movie.

he need to learn it first

DeathyBoy

Banned
Maybe they should have Superman share his movie with Shazam. I think DC had an animated short film like that and it worked. Clark Kent was doing a Daily Bugle piece of street urchins and met Billy, or something.

Superman can get over his Daddy issues by allowing Shazam to save him from a tornado.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Man of Steel 2 is just going to be Edge of Tomorrow. Superman dying over and over until he figures out how to win or have decent characterization in the Snyder-verse.

sadly snyder's direction of Cavill's acting will never be as charming as Cruise in EoT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom