• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mass Effect may be coming to Wii U?

jokkir

What if this is the real Mass Effect 3 without a crappy ending and the other versions was just a test to see how the public reacts?

lol :(

effzee

I swear no one is ever happy for anything here. If there were no 3rd party games, which the Wii missed out on, announced people would complain. Possible port? People complain. Its a sign no exclusive 3rd party games? How? Its one game.

RedSwirl

ME is one of the games where I would definitely be interested in what they would do with the tablet. Any RPG is ideal for it really.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I'd buy this (Assuming it's ME2 + 3 with all the DLC and some extra Wii U specific functionality)

After the lack lustre MS and Sony press conferences, I'm really hoping Nintendo hit the ball out of the park with their's. Having this ME bundle available on launch would secure my purchase.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Even though i own all 3 ME games, i'd pay full price for a Wii U remake of the first game with the graphics and gameplay of ME3.

DON'T TOUCH THE REST. Well, they could still improve the Mako controls i suppose. :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
OMG.... OMG.... Exclusive NEW ENDING to ME3 only on WiiU... if so then it is sooo bought!

if they remastered Mass Effect 3 with additional content, better writing and well, a better ending I might end up buying WiiU just to play this assuming somebody would figure out how to transfer saved games from PC.

yes, I'm still bitter.

zroid

Banned
A bizarre move, but cool, I guess. I doubt I will be compelled to double dip, unless there are truly a wealth of new features and/or improvements.

jokkir

Well last year at E3 when EA came on the stage at Nintendo's Presser they said they would be supporting WiiU with most of their manor franchises, and on the screen they had a picture of 10+ franchises and Mass Effect was one of them.

I forgot about this. Shouldn't we be expecting Battlefield 3 in some shape or form in the Nintendo conference as well? Or even Dead Space?

Effect

If that happens we'd get touch controls, and I will hate Nintendo for leaving the pointer behind.

I want my pointer to aim!

Only reason I'm not completely worried is because of what Ubisfot demoed with Killer Freaks. Using the controller as first person view by looking into it. I'd be willing to try that if pointer controls are out. Though I wish they would be kept by developers but I think to many of them have a bias against them.

Cool to people who havent played the saga, becuase it was all awesome until the end.
Not interested in it though havinf played it already on a PC, and Im a huge fan.

I would like to see how they use the controller for the commands though.

Dabanton

If this is true it would surely only be parts 2-3. Without the superior first game it's a pointless exercise imo.

The only way they could make it better is to (heavy ME3 spoilers)
let us tap on the ending we want instead of having to spend 10 minutes limping over to one

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Are they going to announce a ME3 port with the new ending? That would be so asinine.

Goddamn Bioware.
eTBqy.png

Probably ME 2 & 3 ports.

You won't see 1 on any console other than X360 because MS has the publishing rights for the console version.

OR some sort of a spin-off game (I would like that).

Either way...let's hope for something awesome.

Lunar15

Unless it's a new spinoff title, I don't see how Nintendo thinks they can woo people to a new console with ports of games people have had on their current gen consoles for years now.

I swear no one is ever happy for anything here. If there were no 3rd party games, which the Wii missed out on, announced people would complain. Possible port? People complain. Its a sign no exclusive 3rd party games? How? Its one game.

No, I would love ports of Dead Space 1 and 2, Goldeneye Reloaded (with pointer controls) Skyrim, but Mass Effect burned me too much. I wouldn't buy this game (or any other game from Bioware) again. ME1 was mind blowing for me when it came out. ME2 got better controls and animation but completely fucked up the story, characters and felt like one giant filler piece, and then yeah... ME3, I never bought but played on my brothers PS3. I could never bring myself to finish my Shephards Story. For one, everyone gets the same ending anyway, and the premise of the first game was first tainted with ME2 and ultimately ruined with ME3.

So in short: I boo ports of bad games, while I cheer for ports of good games.

effzee

Unless it's a new spinoff title, I don't see how Nintendo thinks they can woo people to a new console with ports of games people have had on their current gen consoles for years now.

Unless all third party games for the WiiU are old ports I don't get how posters think this is a bad thing.

Again even old ports weren't provided for the Wii, I bet there is an audience there that only had the Wii and never played some of these games. To put it out for the WiiU, possibly for launch, makes tons of sense for a publisher.

No, I would love ports of Dead Space 1 and 2, Goldeneye Reloaded (with pointer controls) Skyrim, but Mass Effect burned me too much. I wouldn't buy this game (or any other game from Bioware) again. ME1 was mind blowing for me when it came out. ME2 got better controls and animation but completely fucked up the story, characters and felt like one giant filler piece, and then yeah... ME3, I never bought but played on my brothers PS3. I could never bring myself to finish my Shephards Story. For one, everyone gets the same ending anyway, and the premise of the first game was first tainted with ME2 and ultimately ruined with ME3.

So in short: I boo ports of bad games, while I cheer for ports of good games.

Oh I get that. My point is that not all 3rd party games for the WiiU will be old ports. So while you and a lot of people might not have liked ME3, it being on the WiiU will be a good start considering most, if not all, big third party games were not ported over to the Wii.

Top Bottom