• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mass Effect may be coming to Wii U?

The official German Mass Effect Facebook page tells us to tune in to Nintendo's conference today:

https://www.facebook.com/masseffect.de?ref=ts

Nicht vergessen: heute um 18h00 in die Nintendo-Pressekonferenz hineinschalten...
http://e3.nintendo.com/

Translated:

Don't forget: Tune into the Nintendo press conference today at 6 pm...
http://e3.nintendo.com

Nothing more is known. The English page doesn't list this post. Haven't checked other languages.

Soooo...what could it mean?

(Shock if told)

EDIT: Screenshot of post in case it gets somehow deleted:
9pvfq.png

markot

Banned
Touch screen love scenes plz. Get EA Japan to work on it.

Hope they don't just port all their 360 crap to Wii u...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well last year at E3 when EA came on the stage at Nintendo's Presser they said they would be supporting WiiU with most of their manor franchises, and on the screen they had a picture of 10+ franchises and Mass Effect was one of them.

Woffls

Nice. If its a compilation then I will probably buy it, but not individual games. Will sorely miss ME1, though.

RPGCrazied

I don't believe in rumors anymore, after my hopes were crushed on the Kingdom Hearts HD rumor. Didn't show at Sony's conference.

Goldmund

So, if LovePlus should get a WiiU version/port, too, a single console would wield the power of Western and Japanese dating sims combined. Nothing could stop its owners from never leaving the house again.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wait they get 2 & 3 only right?, 1 is MS only, so NIN gets the Sony treatment?

Be crazy if it's

MS: Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Sony: Mass Effect 1 (Animated Graphic Novel), 2, 3
NINTY: Mass Effect 1 & 2 (Animated Graphic Novel), 3
PC: Origin *POKER FACE*

LOL

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Awesome, more ports.

Risgroo

Would be cool if they somehow managed to get ME1 on there, but I doubt it. 2 and 3(except the ending) are amazing games as well though, and Nintendo only gamers should get a chance to play them

It would make sense for EA to push a bunch of already proven IP onto Wii U as re-releases. Throw Mass Effect, Battlefield, Need for Speed, Burnout and everything else on there to get in on the launch fever and sell copies for a game that otherwise has been run dry for sales.

Same thing Warner is doing with Batman.

BlueSteel

That's the official page right? Could be the page operators are just big nintendo fans.. We'll know soon enough I guess.

Leonsito

Maybe the PR company that manages the Facebook channels published the news with the wrong profile activated in FB.

Mithos

So, what male and female Sci-Fi characters can they place in Mass Effect from Nintendos gallery, that can be romanced now.... Samus Aran *check*

What else? ;p

WiiU already getting port from current gen instead of original titles ?

Should we blame publishers for cheap money or nintendo allowing this instead of asking new titles ?

effzee

Even if its a port who cares? This is a good thing no? The Wii wouldn't even get a port for this and not all launch games will be new IPs or exclusives. This along with games like ACIII, Arkham City, and maybe other big third party games is always a good sign to me, even if they are ports.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Your love choices and rubbing one out have a whole new meaning with the Wii U

jonno394

Mass Effect "Pervert Sheperd" Dating Sim; use the Wii U gamepad gyroscopes controls to take kinky upskirt shots while your date is dancing/ordering from the menu/shrieking in terror

FoneBone

Hopefully (if true) they're announcing something new, because any significant focus on late ports - regardless of enhanced features - is going to be embarrassing.

Wait they get 2 & 3 only right?, 1 is MS only, so NIN gets the Sony treatment?

Be crazy if it's

MS: Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
Sony: Mass Effect 1 (Animated Graphic Novel), 2, 3
NINTY: Mass Effect 1 & 2 (Animated Graphic Novel), 3
PC: Origin *POKER FACE*

LOL

Well, I think Microsoft holds the publishing rights for the first Mass Effect on consoles.

Also people bitching about "LOL WiiU is nothing but ports" or similar should know that they are at least ports of very good games so far. It's also what Nintendo needs if they want their console to be successul.

I'm sorry for eventual Nintendo-fanboyism from today onwards until the rest of the week.

Top Bottom