• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition leaked

Dada55000

I stopped reading when at "redub with Richard Doyle!!!!!!". There are things that only a fanboy could come up with as an improvement that any sane person wouldn't give a shit about or even think about. Bringing back a one off voice actor from 12 years ago is one of those.

tbh, should've stopped reading at "FUKUSHIMA'S BACK WITH GHOST BABEL DEVS", that's also fanboyific.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
MGSV was great. lol at people wanting Konami to just do a remix of Kojima's last work. they already did that with Survive?

people just need to go back and replay MGSV. play through GZ play through TPP see all 5 endings, listen to all the tapes. everyone says the story made no sense but according to Steam only 19% of people saw the Truth ending.

i thought it was nice, and the ending was touching, as if Kojima reached out his hand and thanked the audience for helping create the series. but people bitched endlessly cos there weren't hours and hours of cutscenes. to go in and redo things seems like a lame attempt to squeeze blood from a stone. it would be a desperate admission that they not only had no new ideas, they didn't have the confidence in themselves to try anything new. scraping the barrel, like putting the Death Star in a new Star Wars movie.

Konami should do a new Metal Gear. make new models and a new story. they don't need to remix a 4 year old game.

nani17

are in a big trouble
37kfy9.jpg

Honestly, it's the worst for story and bosses completely boring.

Land here reapeat.
Give away bosses in credits every single mission.
Skull Face was fucking dull.
Missions: Go here pick this up. Sneak in on this guy. Extract someone zzzzzzzzzz.
Build a base ooooooooooooo
Land in the same place over and over and head to that building you've been to 4 times already but this do it differently.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
maybe konami will unfuck what kojima did then in 5 please remake 4 too

lifa-cobex

I would say BS.
But how many games have they made with that engine? Two?
Reusing assets would be a cheap way to do things.

I don't believe it....
But it wouldn't shock me

Roni

Gold Member
37kfy9.jpg

Honestly, it's the worst for story and bosses completely boring.

Land here reapeat.
Give away bosses in credits every single mission.
Skull Face was fucking dull.
Missions: Go here pick this up. Sneak in on this guy. Extract someone zzzzzzzzzz.
Build a base ooooooooooooo
Land in the same place over and over and head to that building you've been to 4 times already but this do it differently.

That sort of argument can be made for all games in existence. They're called gameplay loops.

Sound fake. Why would Konami invest more money changing a game that will infuriate the MGS fans, especially pro Kojima fans?

Konami spent a lot of money on the development on MGSV, and to be honest, I don't think they really got their investment back. Metal Gear Solid Survival was a complete dud. If this is a Konami apology to the fans, then I could see this being real. Konami has been known to remake/ re-edit Hideo's work in the past. Why would they care if they decided to remake Hideo's work with MGSV? They wouldn't.

We'll just have to wait for Gamescon, which is only 11 days away.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Sounds better than what we got.
Couple that with proper difficulty setting where you can die in few shots and i am in.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
A real apology of Konami is bring back real games no more a shitty Yu-Gi-OH or PES soccer.

And a Remake of NES games, is that so Hard Konami?

You want a remake of snake’s revenge?

I want a remake of Snakes Revenge. I oddly loved that game as a kid. Not sure how well it holds up now, though.

But thinking about it... Death Stranding is slated for a November 2019 release. Konami releasing their own remix/ re-dit of MGSV and releasing it near the same time frame in December sounds like something they would do. They can ride of Kojima's name while it is still in the public consciousness, and this would be cheaper than making a new MGS game from scratch. Also, with Kiefer gone, they could make a sequel to this version with the new voice of Big Boss and continue on the series in a new direction.

I'm not 100% convinced that this will be true either, but we will find out soon enough.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I want a remake of Snakes Revenge. I oddly loved that game as a kid. Not sure how well it holds up now, though.

But thinking about it... Death Stranding is slated for a November 2019 release. Konami releasing their own remix/ re-dit of MGSV and releasing it near the same time frame in December sounds like something they would do. They can ride of Kojima's name while it is still in the public consciousness, and this would be cheaper than making a new MGS game from scratch. Also, with Kiefer gone, they could make a sequel to this version with the new voice of Big Boss and continue on the series in a new direction.

I'm not 100% convinced that this will be true either, but we will find out soon enough.
Pssst...i’m going to let you in on a lil’ secret. It’s not as bad as people make it out. Hitoshi Akamatsu, who directed and wrote Castlevania (NES) & Castlevania III, worked on the game. And it’s got some killer songs

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Shit, am I actually interested in this?

If all this is true...this might actually be good. The original release felt unfinished, so I'd be glad to give this a shot. Let's see how much they charge for it. Make it 30 bucks and I'm game.

Last edited:
Why all this talk of remaking the beginning when the game didn't conclude well? Wouldn't that be where you would start with a "leak"?

Fanboy stuff aside, why would a company rewrite, redub and rework a game that sold 6 million copies? That's the part I don't understand. I think Metal Gear Solid 6 (or Metal Gear + Metal Gear 2) would be more plausible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No way in hell is Konami going through any trouble re-releasing MGS 5 which would probably just backfire on them anyway.

100% fake...even if it weren't nothing could save the abortion that was MGSV.

MGSV was great ... people just need to go back and replay MGSV
Nope. Not happening. I gave it its opportunity to woo me...infact I gave it a better chance than it deserves, I went out of my way to play it with Japanese VA (fuck Kojima for dumping Hayter in the manner he did) and I found it to be a boring uninspired snoozefest. Including GZ I wasted 29 hours of my life on that game...and I only made it to Africa. If I'll be doing anything with it it'll be uninstalling it because I haven't bothered yet.

Now...when are we getting a PC port of the MGS HD Collection? What about finally re-releasing The Twin Snakes? MGS4 HDer?

Pssst...i’m going to let you in on a lil’ secret. It’s not as bad as people make it out. Hitoshi Akamatsu, who directed and wrote Castlevania (NES) & Castlevania III, worked on the game. And it’s got some killer songs

I still got my copy of Snakes Revenge right here:

JhGvdBl.jpg

I also have the original Metal Gear for the NES as well as Ghost Bable for the GBC stashed away somewhere.

I like to think that NES Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge and Ghost Bable on the GBC are part of an alternate Metal Gear series, while Metal Gear MSX, Metal gear 2 MSX and Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 are part of the mail series.

I don't actually know if Ghost Babel on the GBC is a sequel to Snakes Revenge on the NES. But that is what I would like to think in my head cannon anyway.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
I still got my copy of Snakes Revenge right here:

JhGvdBl.jpg

I also have the original Metal Gear for the NES as well as Ghost Bable for the GBC stashed away somewhere.

I like to think that NES Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge and Ghost Bable on the GBC are part of an alternate Metal Gear series, while Metal Gear MSX, Metal gear 2 MSX and Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 are part of the mail series.

I don't actually know if Ghost Babel on the GBC is a sequel to Snakes Revenge on the NES. But that is what I would like to think in my head cannon anyway.
Ghost Babel is a sequel to Metal Gear 1. But interesting canon though.

I am also suspicious of this "leak" why in the hell are they not finishing the final chapter that was supposed to resolve the Eli storyline ?

If they did that then I would be interested.

Ghost Babel is a sequel to Metal Gear 1. But interesting canon though.

yeah, the game was called Metal Gear Solid in North America, and it really is an alternate timeline version of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, since both games start with Snake being retired and being pulled back into service by Roy Campbell. I like to think that Snake's Revenge fits in before Ghost babel, just to add some relevance to the game.

Nintendo consoles really have an odd selection of Metal Gear games. Metal Gear (not so weird) on the NES, Snakes Revenge (not Metal gear 2) on the NES, Ghost Babel (alternate timeline MGS) on the GBC, Twin Snakes (MGS remake with Matrix inspired cut scenes) on the Game Cube, and there is a 3D version of Snake Eater for the 3DS.

Last edited:

EDMIX

This sounds like such fan fiction its not even funny. Its a pass for me either way. I like what I played with MGSV even if I didn't love the story, its gameplay was amazing and I don't see me doing another 100 hours to complete it again lol I respect it for what it was in 2015 and I have no desire to play another version of it and will spend this fall playing Star Wars FO and Outer Worlds.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Uhmm.....I'm kinda on board surprisingly. MGSV was an awesome game with an AWFUL story. It was boring and unfinished and it showed. It was easily the funnest MGS to date to actually play. The level of control and nuance you have with Snake is amazing, but the story is a huge drag and just a chore, especially with the god-awful ending. I'd love to have played as a recruit co-op with a buddy, that'd be amazing. As it stands, I'll reluctantly keep my hopes and expectations in check.

KOMANI

KOMANI
yeah, the game was called Metal Gear Solid in North America, and it really is an alternate timeline version of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1, since both games start with Snake being retired and being pulled back into service by Roy Campbell. I like to think that Snake's Revenge fits in before Snakes Revenge, just to add some relevance to the game.

Nintendo consoles really have an odd selection of Metal Gear games. Metal Gear (not so weird) on the NES, Snakes Revenge (not Metal gear 2) on the NES, Ghost Babel (alternate timeline MGS) on the GBC, Twin Snakes (MGS remake with Matrix inspired cut scenes) on the Game Cube, and there is a 3D version of Snake Eater for the 3DS.
Yep. Hopefully a metal gear nintendo collection is released one day.

Strider311

At this point I would take it, as ridiculous as it sounds. I'm too Metal Gear and Splinter Cell deprived to turn anything down at this point.

Last edited:

Pallas

I would give it the benefit of the doubt if it was any other publisher/developer, Konami hasn’t shown me anything lately that they are willing to spend money on anything that isn’t Pachinko, Yugioh or PES.

Also, it being revealed at Gamescom but missing E3, and coming out in December, is pretty suspect.

Konami didn't have a conference at E3. They are still half-way checked out of the game industry. But, hey, if they want to wring some more money out of MGSV, and think they have something to show. Gamescon is a pretty good place to announce it. They probably have a booth there anyway.

Also, it has been a trend to announce games months before release.

Last edited:

A.Romero

It's possible that Konami could try a move like this but the details are cringy and frankly stupid.

I'd play it but hate myself for it, every step of the way.

Top Bottom