• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition leaked

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
More of this crap

Yu-Gi-Oh%21%20TRADING%20CARD%20GAME.jpg

EDMIX

Uhmm.....I'm kinda on board surprisingly. MGSV was an awesome game with an AWFUL story. It was boring and unfinished and it showed. It was easily the funnest MGS to date to actually play. The level of control and nuance you have with Snake is amazing, but the story is a huge drag and just a chore, especially with the god-awful ending. I'd love to have played as a recruit co-op with a buddy, that'd be amazing. As it stands, I'll reluctantly keep my hopes and expectations in check.

Agreed 100%. Most fun I've had in any Metal Gear Solid game, I wish the story was waaaay better, but the gameplay kept me going for well over 100 hours. So many complex scenarios and gun fights

I like to think that NES Metal Gear, Snakes Revenge and Ghost Babel on the GBC are part of an alternate Metal Gear series

Now that I think about it.... Twin Snakes could be the sequel to Snake's Revenge, while MG NES is the prequel to Ghost Babel.

I mean... rewatching footage of Snake's Revenge on Youtube, I forgot that Snake was a martial arts expert.
9cSjWij.png

Which resulted in Snake doing shit like this in Twin Snakes.
X6lAwTt.png

My new continuity goes like this:

Nintendo "Snake" Timeline:

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D(3DS) > Snake's Revenge (NES) > Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN) > Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
- Snake Eater works with Twin Snakes as a prequel just fine. Snakes Revenge adds that Solid Snake is also a martial arts expert. I would also assume that Snake from Brawl is the same Snake from TTS.

Nintendo Metal Gear Timeline:
Metal Gear (NES) > Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GBC) (Metal Gear Solid)
- It was already said that Ghost babel takes place a few years after Metal Gear (probably the MSX game, but the NES version wasn't that different).

It is a 'Split Metal Gear Nintendo Timeline'.

Last edited:

Keihart

i think i would be super in if the writer is fukushima, atleast the story would be good, they would have to milk the MGSV blueprint tho.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Honestly if this proves to be true, please don’t take out those tape cassettes, I wouldn’t mind calling in my helicopter that’s blaring the “she blinded me with science” song as it brings death to my enemies once more.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Could not complete MGS5 because of its low fov and shakey cameras.
Fuck Kojima.
Hope DS ditches that shitty camera work. While fov should be fine because of Decima engine.
This is fake though. Konami is shit already.

I doubt the credibility here, and don't really see the point, but I would not be surprised to see Konami try to squeeze a few more dollars out of the property now that they're not likely to be making a sequel.

longdi

Banned
I tried to do stealth in MGSV, it is really too time consuming to accomplish.
In the end, i went in with guns.
The low fov , and suddenly a guard walks from your back.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to do stealth in MGSV, it is really too time consuming to accomplish.
In the end, i went in with guns.
The low fov , and suddenly a guard walks from your back.
Those stealth missions where you instantly lose if you get spotted can fuck off. Worst idea ever for the Metal Gear franchise. It was only good / funny in Metal Gear Solid 2 during the tanker.

Last edited by a moderator:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
"the game is intended to stomp out Kojima''s vision of the series "

SOLD!

count me right in. hopefully they remove his name from the cover and the 40 million times it pops up during cutscenes

if they keep his name in then it should only be a small mention that doesn't stand out from the rest of the people who worked on it.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
"the game is intended to stomp out Kojima''s vision of the series "

SOLD!

count me right in. hopefully they remove his name from the cover and the 40 million times it pops up during cutscenes

if they keep his name in then it should only be a small mention that doesn't stand out from the rest of the people who worked on it.
His name wasnt on the game cover for tpp

Acidizer

Banned
Could not complete MGS5 because of its low fov and shakey cameras.
Fuck Kojima.
Hope DS ditches that shitty camera work. While fov should be fine because of Decima engine.
This is fake though. Konami is shit already.

Didn't have any problems with "low FOV".

Did you ever think it was intentional though? Especially for a stealth game?

That was a hilarious read. But the reality is, Is that Konami are about business, and the fact that TPP costs less than £5 nowadays establishes that there just isn't any demand or interest for this game anymore, They practically can't even give it away. MG fans brought it at release, Played it and moved on. This seems like a lot effort and money just to release a definitive edition of a game that few hardcore fans would care about.

If Konami cared about hardcore Metal Gear fans and business, They'd release that MGS3 remaster that broke the internet but we aint even getting that so i rest my case.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I really don't believe it, but if is true, could be the version that I hoped.

The thing is... as much I liked Richard Doyle as Big Boss, everyone knows that should be Hayter

This sounds so far fetched, I mean Richard Doyle? Come onnnnnn (great idea but who making business decisions would go for something that esoteric?)

I was with it though until the idea of ruining Quiet, fuck that noise.

It just reads like a laundry list of something a fan wants, not something that would actually happen.

But this just reminds me of all the wasted potential of MGSV and makes me depressed, that game is so close to greatness but it's also such a mess.

Ivory Blood

The name on the envelope said 'Konami.'
My distributor's name...
It's ridiculous, couldn't possibly be true...
That's what I keep telling myself...
A dead company can't write a letter.
Konami died of that damn western disease years ago.
So then why am I looking for horror?'
Our 'special IP'...
What could it mean'
This whole series was our special IP.
Does it mean Metal Gear Solid?'
We spent the whole dev team there.
Just the two of us, staring at the fans.
Could Konami really be there'
Is it really alive... waiting for PT?'

Roni

Gold Member
Still kinda surprised how salty some people still are about MGSV, it was a really good game with loads of content in there for your money.
MGS2 has the same thing, but with the Raiden twist. MGS3 has the same thing but because of the Big Boss/Solid Snake switcheroo. MGS4 has the same thing, with the cutscenes and the fan service.

Truth is every MGS game since the first has been controversial for one reason or another. One might even say Kojima plans for these things to keep the games from being forgotten.

I have a feeling we still talk more about MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Peace Walker and V than most of the AAA output of the last decade.

Last edited:
Still kinda surprised how salty some people still are about MGSV, it was a really good game with loads of content in there for your money.

Loads of content where? Game has to reuse some missions multiple times, to make up for lack of content in the first place.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Loads of content where? Game has to reuse some missions multiple times to make up for lack of content in the first place.

Everywhere! Yes it reuses stuff, but so what? There's so much more in there than just the open-world sections.

Javthusiast

Banned
I was disappointed in everything besides the gameplay, despite being hyped for years for the game, more than I ever was for one ever before.

So yes, please be fucking true. Kojima fucked the story and his characters up himself, if they can make it better I'm all for it

Ultimately though, as many pointed out, it is way too detailed of a description and sounds like a fanboys fan fic.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Loads of content where? Game has to reuse some missions multiple times, to make up for lack of content in the first place.
Ground Zeroes has 50 or so hours worth of gameplay. TPP has two giant open world maps, Africa and Afganisthan, both with a dozen large bases each, as well as small outposts along the way. additionally there are 150 side ops, missions taking place in the open world. you have the 30 main missions to get to the first ending. just getting to the first ending will take you dozens of hours alone. add to this the FOB maps, which are all basically bigger than the Plant Chapter of MGS2. compare all this content to any of the previous games, it is not contest. there is ton of content there. also for the "no story" folks, there is 5 1/2 hours of cutscenes, same amount in all the other MGS games outside of 4.

after you first beat the game, you are effectively in new game. you have defeated the main villain, this is why you are aimless, running missions, watching as the story resets itself for the future games. there are no new story missons because the story is done, Big Boss has to run out the clock until 1995, when the game ends. keep in mind this game covers the years 1975-1995.

Last edited:

KiteGr

Sounds like MGS5 Finished edition... As the original was pretty much cut in half by rushing it to completion.

Also Sounds like a Fan's wet dream, so it could be just wishful thinking fake news...

Ground Zeroes has 50 or so hours worth of gameplay. TPP has two giant open world maps, Africa and Afganisthan, both with a dozen large bases each, as well as small outposts along the way. additionally there are 150 side ops, missions taking place in the open world. you have the 30 main missions to get to the first ending. just getting to the first ending will take you dozens of hours alone. add to this the FOB maps, which are all basically bigger than the Plant Chapter of MGS2. compare all this content to any of the previous games, it is not contest. there is ton of content there. also for the "no story" folks, there is 5 1/2 hours of cutscenes, same amount in all the other MGS games outside of 4.

after you first beat the game, you are effectively in new game. you have defeated the main villain, this is why you are aimless, running missions, watching as the story resets itself for the future games. there are no new story missons because the story is done, Big Boss has to run out the clock until 1995, when the game ends. keep in mind this game covers the years 1975-1995.

Theres literally nothing to do in those maps. They are barren as hell. Secondary missions have very few variety too.

Even though I personally think mgsV's gamesplay loop is more fun, I would say it pales in front of a game like gtaV when it comes to content.
MgsV maps are sterile and devoid of life and interesting stuff to do.

Pejo

As someone who loved MGSV but was equally disappointed by how disjointed it felt, consider my curiosity somewhat piqued.
Yea this is where I stand too. MGSV was probably the best covert action gameplay ever created, but a nice story or some shakeups beyond "go to base, infiltrate, leave" could have made it even more amazing.

hunthunt

Banned
I love how they even have a name for a rumored game which is apparently still very early in his development but somehow they know almost everything of it.

lol

Top Bottom