• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition leaked

xool

Announcement 8/19/2019

Pain soon be over. 2 days.

The Quiet thing is legit, she's no longer really a character, but a nameless assassin, her buddy role has been taken over by Albatross.

No more panting noises in the helicopter. Good. Did You Know they used the same motion capture for Quiet and Diamond Dog ...

Caffeine

hypothetically speaking (clearly its bullshit) would they announce it before or after the death stranding showing by kojima on the geoff keighley gamescom stream

Konami is gonna pull the dirtiest trick and showcase this monstrosity during gamescom. They already pulled the same shit with Survival, did we forget that shit already!?

#FUCKONAMI

lol "3 hours basically a completely different story"

wow what a convincing rumor. /s

Not trying to be an asshole, but imo If this leak is true, is more similar to how MGSV should have been, more than original one

The whole Venom turning " evil " is an example for something who was legit to expect and never happened
In generale, I think that of every shitty thing Konami could include, this demon edition would be mainly composed from discarded ideas

Aside from Albatross of course, that made me laugh hard

Where's Chico? Why was he discarded as an adult? Which is the point with his character building through GZ, PW, and where is Amanda when everything happens? ( I could be wrong about Amanda and something is said in tapes, but can't remember now) What the fuck are supposed to represent those 5 min cutscenes with Eli and child soldiers? Was legit to think them as a very big plot point, but...
Where the hell is Frank Jaeger? Those were his years in Africa, and he's supposed to rescue Naomi around 1980-something, shoud literally be just a few hours distant from where Venom is in MGSV, he's supposed to be the best men in all BB ranks, and we see nothing?
Where is Campbell?
Why Skull Face is so useless and anonymous? Far from a full fledged antagonista, veeery far
Ocelot has the personality of my kitchen's furniture, OCELOT, a triple - quadruple - quintuple - fuckuple agent with two revolvers, an inhuman skill and an awesome charisma, shit I play through MGS 1-3 almost solely for his gun tricks, he's incredible
Why final act never came out? The kids leave with Sahalantropus and...nothing? Hard to believe

Mgsv is such an incomplete opera, a rearranged edition would be a Godsend, thing RE2make who expanded everything good original RE2 has, and had some story modifies for the good

Last edited:
hypothetically speaking (clearly its bullshit) would they announce it before or after the death stranding showing by kojima on the geoff keighley gamescom stream

Something continues to tell me they'll announce some surprise DURING, rather than before or after...
We'll see, i'm a person who likes to fantasticate a lot

Death Stranding, Silent Hill, MGS will make fireworks, wanna bet

Generic

Konami is gonna pull the dirtiest trick and showcase this monstrosity during gamescom. They already pulled the same shit with Survival, did we forget that shit already!?

#FUCKONAMI
748899.jpg

Caffeine

Not trying to be an asshole, but imo If this leak is true, is more similar to how MGSV should have been, more than original one

The whole Venom turning " evil " is an example for something who was legit to expect and never happened
In generale, I think that of every shitty thing Konami could include, this demon edition would be mainly composed from discarded ideas

Where's Chico? Why was he discarded as an adult? Which is the point with his character building through GZ, PW, and where is Amanda when everything happens? ( I could be wrong about Amanda and something is said in tapes, but can't remember now) What the fuck are supposed to represent those 5 min cutscenes with Eli and child soldiers? Was legit to think them as a very big plot point, but...
Where the hell is Frank Jaeger? Those were his years in Africa, and he's supposed to rescue Naomi around 1980-something, shoud literally be just a few hours distant from where Venom is in MGSV, he's supposed to be the best men in all BB ranks, and we see nothing?
Where is Campbell?
Why Skull Face is so useless and anonymous? Far from a full fledged antagonista, veeery far
Ocelot has the personality of my kitchen's furniture, OCELOT, a triple - quadruple - quintuple - fuckuple agent with two revolvers, an inhuman skill and an awesome charisma, shit I play through MGS 1-3 almost solely for his gun tricks, he's incredible
Why final act never came out? The kids leave with Sahalantropus and...nothing? Hard to believe

Mgsv is such an incomplete opera, a rearranged edition would be a Godsend, thing RE2make who expanded everything good original RE2 has, and had some story modifies for the good

The schedule rushed him konami wanted the game out already. idk why he made ocelot a talking manual/tutorial.
kids taking Sahalantropus wasn't finished you can see it here from the special edition dvd

skull face had more missions in chapter 1 but they were cut.
greyfox not being there really is a wtf.
Amanda went back to Nicaragua If I remember correctly to help her people continue fighting the government.
chico was cut.
g1h0r6G.jpg

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI

Where is Campbell?

Read through the thread to find more details on Chico’s proposes role before being cut.

ExpandKong

Banned
The schedule rushed him konami wanted the game out already. idk why he made ocelot a talking manual/tutorial.
kids taking Sahalantropus wasn't finished you can see it here from the special edition dvd

Amanda went back to Nicaragua If I remember correctly to help her people continue fighting the government.
chico was cut.
g1h0r6G.jpg

Grey Fox not being there makes sense in the game we got since the dude we’re playing as isn’t Big Boss.

Never knew Chico was intended for Phantom Pain, that’s interesting.

chico was cut.
g1h0r6G.jpg

Lots of awesome content, I'm so sad 😢
And that Chico...I want him in the game and this edition to be real more than anything else
I'm preparing for a big disappointment too, in case the bitter truth is all fake comes out, don't wanna hurt myself more than enough lol
Though there's a negative aspect: seeing that Chico in action as a boss, then as a buddy, and not being able to play as him would be a torture, more like Raiden in MGS4 😂 judging only from his design, his fighting style and abilities would be outstanding, just sayin'

FranXico

Lots of awesome content, I'm so sad 😢
And that Chico...I want him in the game and this edition to be real more than anything else
I'm preparing for a big disappointment too, in case the bitter truth is all fake comes out, don't wanna hurt myself more than enough lol
Though there's a negative aspect: seeing that Chico in action as a boss, then as a buddy, and not being able to play as him would be a torture, more like Raiden in MGS4 😂 judging only from his design, his fighting style and abilities would be outstanding, just sayin'
Chico looks like a new iteration of Null (Frank Jaeger in Portable Ops).

Read through the thread to find more details on Chico’s proposes role before being cut.

This reinforces my idea that If Konami ever pulls out this edition, and the Koji departure is true, they are basically putting in a good 90% of the original Mgsv ideas and concepts
Not every operation like this is necessary a bad thing, and this could be an example
MGSV gameplay gives me boners even today ( I often play it just to roam around on Now, due to no installation needed) and strongly lacked story depth, a MGSv edition with that missing aspect rearranged would drive ne crazy

Grey Fox not being there makes sense in the game we got since the dude we’re playing as isn’t Big Boss.

Never knew Chico was intended for Phantom Pain, that’s interesting.

You're right about GF and the not real BB, but we don't know If Frank was the best man for the real Big Boss or for Venom
As far as we know, after the body double retcon, Jaeger could have always worked at Venom side and never know a thing about him not being the real Boss
Making Venom Frank's and Naomi's saviour

KOMANI

KOMANI
This reinforces my idea that If Konami ever pulls out this edition, and the Koji departure is true, they are basically putting in a good 90% of the original Mgsv ideas and concepts
Not every operation like this is necessary a bad thing, and this could be an example
MGSV gameplay gives me boners even today ( I often play it just to roam around on Now, due to no installation needed) and strongly lacked story depth, a MGSv edition with that missing aspect rearranged would drive ne crazy
Looking at the original rumor, it reminds me more of Snake Tales than anything. I like Snake Tales from MGS2:Substance. I have no problem if it is true. I also understand that telling someone about a game always sounds worse than when they experience it themselves.

What do you mean about the “koji departure”?

Chico looks like a new iteration of Null (Frank Jaeger in Portable Ops).

Definitely
Every MGS had his ninja character or an equivalent, someone who looks and acts extremely cool, cool enough to make you want to play as him
except from MGS3 iirc ( we got Young Ocelot instead)
Mgs1 had Gray Fox
MGS2 had Olga ( ok, only appearing as a Ninja but does nothing) and the whole feeling with Raiden's sword at the end
MGS4 had RaidenBorg
And the feeling with that Chico is strong
Gives me the impression of a pts victim guy who feels extremely guilty for what he did ( he raped Paz) and hates war so much, he wants to brutally murder every person related to war to Bring peace in the world

Imo would be far from a guy with a stable mind, just guessing

Also, looks too similar to DS's Higgs ( Golden Mask)

Last edited:
Looking at the original rumor, it reminds me more of Snake Tales than anything. I like Snake Tales from MGS2:Substance. I have no problem if it is true. I also understand that telling someone about a game always sounds worse than when they experience it themselves.

What do you mean about the “koji departure”?

Played Substance with snake Tales on PC, years ago, I truly had a blast even If they're not canon, especially with the Navy Seal Plissken one vs Vamp
Koji departure = Kojima leaving Konami
I'm aware it sounds extremely stupid, but I still don't buy this story, and I think he arranged all this as an enormous years lasting april fool

ExpandKong

Banned
You're right about GF and the not real BB, but we don't know If Frank was the best man for the real Big Boss or for Venom
As far as we know, after the body double retcon, Jaeger could have always worked at Venom side and never know a thing about him not being the real Boss
Making Venom Frank's and Naomi's saviour

That’s true and it could add a neat little wrinkle to that part of the story, but honestly I just hated the body double plot twist so fucking much.

People who have power usually do have body doubles though especially if they are a high value target around the world.

The problem is: I was ok with the body double thing, I even managed to figure it out myself even before mgsv launched, from the what about him thing, and that twist while playing didn't minimally surprise me, but...I didn't expect Venom being a fucking nameless, personality-less avatar, this ruined my experience in an horrible way
At least make a true character, with personality, name, more background and make him take BB's place, not a random medic
I expected the double to be Frank Jaeger lol, in all honesty
I continuosly repeated myself " If he's nowhere to be seen in mgsv, and these are the years he's in Africa, rescues Naomi, and he's BB's best man ever, there is only one way to explain: we are playing as him." during my playthrough
Something gone wrong, damn 😂
ExpandKong ExpandKong

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Played Substance with snake Tales on PC, years ago, I truly had a blast even If they're not canon, especially with the Navy Seal Plissken one vs Vamp
Koji departure = Kojima leaving Konami
I'm aware it sounds extremely stupid, but I still don't buy this story, and I think he arranged all this as an enormous years lasting april fool
Oh when you said “Koji” you meant “Kojima”. Got it. I thought you meant “KojiPro” as in Kojima Productions.

Canon shouldn’t matter at this point. It should always be about if the game is good and you had fun. When a series retcons itself with every release, being “canon” loses its importance. You see this in comic books a lot.

Edit: used wrong “its”

Last edited:
Oh when you said “Koji” you meant “Kojima”. Got it. I thought you meant “KojiPro” as in Kojima Productions.

Canon shouldn’t matter at this point. It should always be about if the game is good and you had fun. When a series retcons itself with every release, being “canon” loses its importance. You see this in comic books a lot.

Edit: used wrong “its”

And in Rising too, not canon, but I love it

Mexen

This makes no sense to me. How is this cheaper than if Kojima had completed V in the first place?
What's more realistic to me is the pachinko mgs3 machines making so much bank that the profits from those goes towards a remake of Snake Eater. They already have the assets.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I would love it to be true. I have played MGS games primarily for the story and the 20% I played of V made me cringe at how bad it was.

Perrott

Gold Member
This makes no sense to me. How is this cheaper than if Kojima had completed V in the first place?
What's more realistic to me is the pachinko mgs3 machines making so much bank that the profits from those goes towards a remake of Snake Eater. They already have the assets.
A "complete" MGSV would've sold the same, but the production costs would've been higher.

Releasing this Demon Edition would probably cost the same as letting Kojima complete V in the first place, but with the difference that now they can charge $60 dollars again.

KOMANI

KOMANI
A "complete" MGSV would've sold the same, but the production costs would've been higher.

Releasing this Demon Edition would probably cost the same as letting Kojima complete V in the first place, but with the difference that now they can charge $60 dollars again.
Plus they’d be releasing “missions” periodically, like KOF.

A reddit insider has confirmed that it’s fake though. We’ll see tomorrow.

Donna Burke retweeted the rumor
God, If only this is real, and We'll got to play another Metal Gear in december...
Can't imagine how much I'd be happy
I Also read that in this rearranged version, Venom dies and we play as the real Big Boss, is there a list of the originally planned and then discarded ideas?

The thing that gives me hope the most is, back this year, MGS crew - voice actors and such - all teased something big for the series, do you remember?

Last edited:
Oh and another " insider" Came out on 4chan, addressing mgvs demon as false, and saying Konami will announce HD collection with mgs1 for switch, and PC lol

Psajdak

Banned
Definitely
Every MGS had his ninja character or an equivalent, someone who looks and acts extremely cool, cool enough to make you want to play as him
except from MGS3 iirc ( we got Young Ocelot instead)
Mgs1 had Gray Fox
MGS2 had Olga ( ok, only appearing as a Ninja but does nothing) and the whole feeling with Raiden's sword at the end
MGS4 had RaidenBorg
And the feeling with that Chico is strong
Gives me the impression of a pts victim guy who feels extremely guilty for what he did ( he raped Paz) and hates war so much, he wants to brutally murder every person related to war to Bring peace in the world

This just really makes me depressed over how much wasted potential there is to MGSV.

I really hope this is true, even if I have to accept a no longer sexy Quiet.

Oh and another " insider" Came out on 4chan, addressing mgvs demon as false, and saying Konami will announce HD collection with mgs1 for switch, and PC lol

Having the HD collection on PC would be really nice actually.

I heard about Black Ninja before, but never completed the msx episode, and didn't remember him, great find!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I always had the feeling that MGSV was designed to be extendable. The way each mission had its own credits would have even allowed someone else to take over the reins while Kojima was working on other stuff but retain the integrity of it being "a Hideo Kojima game" on the whole.

Even if not, Konami could simply have patched missing/incomplete/new missions in had they the will to. That they didn't speaks volumes to me about what their mindset was in terms of supporting the product post-Kojima.

HD Collection with MGS1 included? if so must buy

If this turns true, I'll go day one on switch, MGS series on portable is just wow
But for some reason Can't believe it, I find the demon edition one more believeable
Mgs1 would be great in a collection, but I feel like it's near impossible to see it officially released outside ps classic
Oh, and I'd go crazy for a TTS remaster or remake, but Nintendo still owns part of its rights
Although it raised many criticism about his high tone cutscenes a là matrix, I find it a fantastic game

Last edited:
Top Bottom