• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition leaked

Wait what ???? MGS HD collection with MGS 1 on switch ????

giphy.gif

We can only pray, brother, we can only pray

I'm ready to see Konami debunk everything, only show Yugioh and pes, and make my balls drop like apples from a tree, but...try to breathe for a second, and imagine If ALL of the rumors are true.
I'd broke in tears, for real

The true MGS5 + MGS series on switch.
Just a perfect day lol

KOMANI

KOMANI
if they release a new HD collection, that would be great...only if they adjusted the controls because this gen has no controller that has pressure sensitive face buttons. The solution they came up last gen for xbox hd collection isn’t ideal since you can’t do stuff like this...

VulcanRaven

This makes no sense to me. How is this cheaper than if Kojima had completed V in the first place?
What's more realistic to me is the pachinko mgs3 machines making so much bank that the profits from those goes towards a remake of Snake Eater. They already have the assets.
I don't think any of it is true but its cheaper to make a new version of MGSV than make a whole new game. Also many people who bought the original game might buy it again. Those MGS3 pachinko videos might not even use Fox Engine so it might not be easy to make a game.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
A recent rumour from 4chan (via NeoGAF) has also pegged the reveal of a Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition, promising a revision of The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes including entirely new content. However, given the source, that rumour should be treated extremely carefully.

The other articles credited RE, directly or indirectly, even though Reddit & Gaf posted the 4chan rumor first.

Last edited:

Hudo

HD Collection with MGS1 included? if so must buy
I think that MGS1 is a safe bet. I am a bit worried about MGS4, though. Last thing I heard, the title is still being held hostage by Sony, so it might not be included or an exclusive to the PS4 version of the collection.

Last edited:

psygn0sis

I think that MGS1 is a safe bet. I am a bit worried about MGS4, though. Last thing I heard, the title is still being held hostage by Sony, so it might not be included or an exclusive to the PS4 version of the collection.

Fingers crossed, I got MGS1 retail Jap version and digital version on PS Store but PS4 version with chance of getting platinum trophy would be great!
MGS4? I don't think that Sony is holding it hostage, it's a game strictly tied to PS3 HW and porting it would be difficult, it's a situation similar to what happened with Red Dead Redemption...

Hudo

Fingers crossed, I got MGS1 retail Jap version and digital version on PS Store but PS4 version with chance of getting platinum trophy would be great!
MGS4? I don't think that Sony is holding it hostage, it's a game strictly tied to PS3 HW and porting it would be difficult, it's a situation similar to what happened with Red Dead Redemption...
You mean because its code base ended up being a incomprehensible mess? Well, could be! I was always under the impression that Sony helped to fund the development of MGS4 or that MGS4 used some technological solutions made by Sony, that prevented the title from getting releases on other platforms.

psygn0sis

You mean because its code base ended up being a incomprehensible mess? Well, could be! I was always under the impression that Sony helped to fund the development of MGS4 or that MGS4 used some technological solutions made by Sony, that prevented the title from getting releases on other platforms.

Yeah I suppose there are technical issues which prevent any re-release of MGS4 even on another Sony console

Last edited:

psygn0sis

if they release a new HD collection, that would be great...only if they adjusted the controls because this gen has no controller that has pressure sensitive face buttons. The solution they came up last gen for xbox hd collection isn’t ideal since you can’t do stuff like this...

You can cheese that VR getting M9 :p

VulcanRaven

Mgs4 should be sadly rebuilt from scratch, due to being created around PS3 architecture features
And lots of Sony licensed product inside
I'm sure Bluepoint Game could port it. They ported the Uncharted games to PS4 and they did MGS HD Collection in 2011. Those Sony references can be removed.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
MGSV was done and wrapped years ago. Most people complaining never saw the whole story. It’s pretty comprehensive.

All this hoping and wishing for something that doesn’t exist. People need to play the game that actually exists.

No missing content has ever leaked, we have no unused models or maps. All of this is pulled out of thin air

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
You can cheese that VR getting M9 :p
But that’s not the point though. You can’t hold up multiple guards consecutively with an AR on Xbox due to the lack of pressure sensitive buttons. That’s just one limitation over the PS releases.

psygn0sis

But that’s not the point though. You can’t hold up multiple guards consecutively with an AR on Xbox due to the lack of pressure sensitive buttons. That’s just one limitation over the PS releases.

I didn't know that, they should address this issue in a possible re-release

Roni

Gold Member
MGSV was done and wrapped years ago. Most people complaining never saw the whole story. It’s pretty comprehensive.

All this hoping and wishing for something that doesn’t exist. People need to play the game that actually exists.

No missing content has ever leaked, we have no unused models or maps. All of this is pulled out of thin air

Almost like people are still reeling from a sort of phantom pain, isn't it?

KOMANI

KOMANI
I didn't know that, they should address this issue in a possible re-release
Mgs3D updated the control scheme (among other quality of life improvements), and if there is to be a new HD collection it will have to follow suit. MGS2 & 3 require pressure sensitive buttons or you won’t be able to take advantage of all the game mechanics. Anyone who’s played the collection on PSNow (my sympathies) will tell you how they can’t interrogate anyone because they keep slitting throats.

Roni

Gold Member
Mgs3D updated the control scheme (among other quality of life improvements), and if there is to be a new HD collection it will have to follow suit. MGS2 & 3 require pressure sensitive buttons or you won’t be able to take advantage of all the game mechanics. Anyone who’s played the collection on PSNow (my sympathies) will tell you how they can’t interrogate anyone because they keep slitting throats.

I would love it if future HD collections used MGS3D instead of Subsistence. Just upscale the graphics back to normal levels (or even beyond) and I'm happy.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Almost like people are still reeling from a sort of phantom pain, isn't it?
Not really. Phantom Pain is the phenomenon of feeling the sensation of your lost limb(s). If people were unsatisfied with a story of a game or its alleged cut content, it doesn’t apply. You need to have had something taken away from you for the term “phantom pain” to apply to your analogy. Losing Quiet is more applicable with the use of “phantom pain” (until Konami buckled and allowed you to get her back).

Roni

Gold Member
Not really. Phantom Pain is the phenomenon of feeling the sensation of your lost limb(s). If people were unsatisfied with a story of a game or its alleged cut content, it doesn’t apply. You need to have had something taken away from you for the term “phantom pain” to apply to your analogy. Losing Quiet is more applicable with the use of “phantom pain” (until Konami buckled and allowed you to get her back).

If you can make the abstraction that phantom pain is analogous to suffering for something lost and that you can claim psychological ownership over something even though it's not yours, it fits pretty well as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
If you can make the abstraction that phantom pain is analogous to suffering for something lost and that you can claim psychological ownership over something even though it's not yours, it fits pretty well as far as I'm concerned.
Agree to disagree without judgement. To your earlier point, I’d like to see an NES metal gear collection, despite what people think of some of those games. Metal Gear (NES), Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, and MGS3D are all games worth playing. There are redeeming qualities to each of those games even if you dislike any one.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
You can already play MG1 to MGS3 as well as PW and POOPs portable on the Vita.
That doesn't mean they are perfect. Unless you buy the controller grip have fun pressing the back touch screens L2 and R2 that barely function right. I've waited forever to have portable Metal Gear Solid games with enough buttons to use for everything and no touch screen gimmicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpandKong

Banned

Nice try la li lu le lo

Roni

Gold Member
Agree to disagree without judgement. To your earlier point, I’d like to see an NES metal gear collection, despite what people think of some of those games. Metal Gear (NES), Snake’s Revenge, Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, and MGS3D are all games worth playing. There are redeeming qualities to each of those games even if you dislike any one.
Oh, I agree 110% on MGS3D. Graphics aside, to me that's the definitive version of that game.

I do want to play through Ghost Babel again one day. It's been too long and I barely remember anything.

Inviusx

Had a small amount of hope this might have been legit. I think it's time to put MGSV rumors/leaks to bed now. It's been 4 years :O

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol yeah that's right, Neogaf spoiled that fucking game for me, cos everyone was bitching endlessly that they didn't like the twist. it may have even been in a thread title at one point i'm not sure. toxic people that hated the ending so much they ruined it for others. fuck those loudmouths.

it didn't matter tbh, i liked it even more, cos i could see them building up to it. i thought it was interesting how they weaved together a number of themes into that ending. it was great too, it was everything i had hoped for tbh, it ended right at the first Metal Gear, but it still had a cool mystery to it, to leave people with. if some extremist fans were butthurt that's their problem.

Last edited:
MGS fan here. I have no idea why some of you believed this rumor. It was never credible at all.

I've read much less credible rumors, this is not so impossibile, and makes sense for konami to try making money with a revamped mgsv edition, who ironically would make many things way better than the game we had, much more closer to how MGSV should have been
Also, +1 for your Seth Rollins avatar, bro ❤

Last edited:
Top Bottom