• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] MGS V: TPP and Pes 2016 to be 1080p 60 fps on Xbox One?

darkwing

Even Halo collection struggle to handle 1080p 60 fps, people should start to ask why. I don't think 1080p are that easy to achieve on xbone. I can't imagine a steady 60 fps at 1080p. There are specs limits in the hardware. I don't understand why people believe so easily to such rumour. Mostly because I have some difficult to believe to this tech jump from 720p without any 'consequences'.

Fox Engine is very scalable

Is this a credible source here? I am genuinely shocked if the game will be 1080/60 on XB1. I just didn't think Fox Engine and XB1 played well together.

RyudBoy

I'm sure there will be frame drops, but this is great news. Going from 720 to full 1080p is pretty amazing.

Now let's see if Square Enix can do the same with Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts.

edit: maybe I jumped the gun a bit as this is only a rumor for now. let's hope it turns out true.

urbanOSU

Banned
Funny how a random guy can post anything on a blog on a gaming website and it will be discussed here like it's true.
Don't you think real journalists would have picked up on this if it were real? Like, we wouldn't learn this from someone who makes 3 spelling mistakes at every sentence?

bet it turns out to be a simple mistranslation, when all is said and done. Other media would have reported this, I mean e3 was this week, and there were how many media members covering this game ?

thelastword

Banned
Thank god. Ground Zeroes looked a bit rough at 720p. I'm glad they got it sorted out.

False. The campaign for the remastered Halo 2 was the only thing that wasn't 1080p. All MP and the rest of the campaigns are 1080p60

They're all 1080p except for H2: A campaign, which was running two engines simultaneously. I'll give you the 60fps comment, but the frame rate isn't as bad as you're saying.
Yeah, you guys are right, but Halo 2 A still drops excessively at that resolution sometimes going down to mid 40's with screen tearing. Perhaps the others should have opted for 1080PR because I've seen framerates fall to the 30's in the other games.

Well, even lower as per this screen I took.

9kcX8pj.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pic, I had it on minus and minus doesn't seem to be working properly, so I screen capped the pic.

jesu

Daylight was announced 1080p on xbone. It's not and performance suffer a bit with too many transparencies. I'm not expect a true 1080p on xbone and not even a solid 60 fps at all. That's a very 'complex'game to handle with such achievement on xbone.

What is Daylight on the Xbox One, is it out yet?

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder what did they cut to achieve 1080p60?

If they have supposedly solved the problem of FOX Engine's too large framebuffer, they needed to cut GPU related jobs to compensate for 33% slower GPU.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wonder what did they cut to achieve 1080p60?

If they have supposedly solved the problem of FOX Engine's too large framebuffer, they needed to cut GPU related jobs to compensate for 33% slower GPU.

Not necessarily. They mention the new SDK. The Xbox One SDK has given a lot of resources back to developers over the past year. Like just recently they gave half a CPU core back, and before that a bunch of stuff from not having Kinect maintain all capabilities at all times.

Destiny got a bump from like 1600x900 to 1080p without any noticeable cuts right before release, same thing I think.

I believe to 1080p 60 fps in such game on xbone when I'll see it. At the best they can reach 1080pr with a 60 fos less stable compared the ps4 version, like Halo remastered.

Halo remastered runs at 60fps on PS4? Nice.

omonimo

Banned
Not necessarily. They mention the new SDK.The Xbox One SDK has given a lot of resources back to developers over the past year. Like just recently they gave half a CPU core back, and before that a bunch of stuff from not having Kinect maintain all capabilities at all times.

Destiny got a bump from like 1600x900 to 1080p without any noticeable cuts right before release, same thing I think.

Halo remastered runs at 60fps on PS4? Nice.
You forgot the cloud. Where is the cloud.

Even Halo collection struggle to handle 1080p 60 fps, people should start to ask why. I don't think 1080p are that easy to achieve on xbone. I can't imagine a steady 60 fps at 1080p. There are specs limits in the hardware. I don't understand why people believe so easily to such rumour. Mostly because I have some difficult to believe to this tech jump from 720p without any 'consequences'.

Really not a one to one comparison. MCC was a product that contained at times ports of some games, including ports of some ports, done by different companies then put together on the same netcode iirc. Versus MGSV which is being developed for the console period.

I am not saying this rumor is true, who knows, but pointing out those to titles as if they have any bearing on a real indicator of performance is not a good idea.

vpance

If it runs at a locked 60 like GZ did on PS4, then that means the avg framerate could be in the 70s. So maybe the Xbone version averages like 45 with spikes to 60, enough to deserve a gold star and a 1080p60 badge.

El_Chino

Yeah, you guys are right, but Halo 2 A still drops excessively at that resolution sometimes going down to mid 40's with screen tearing. Perhaps the others should have opted for 1080PR because I've seen framerates fall to the 30's in the other games.

Well, even lower as per this screen I took.

9kcX8pj.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pic, I had it on minus and minus doesn't seem to be working properly, so I screen capped the pic.

They've addressed Halo 4's frame rate since then.

komplanen

I'm super happy for all the Xboxers but I have to wonder what they did to achieve this. Secret sauce + KojiPro optimisations? Reduced graphics fidelity? Dynamic 1080p? Not solid 60?

Hoping it's just well optimised.

omonimo

Banned
Really not a one to one comparison. MCC was a product that contained at times ports of some games, including ports of some ports, done by different companies then put together on the same netcode iirc. Versus MGSV which is being developed for the console period.

I am not saying this rumor is true, who knows, but pointing out those to titles as if they have any bearing on a real indicator of performance is not a good idea.
Well will see.

LordOfChaos

Fox Engine is impressively efficient, iirc Ground Zeroes was running at 1440x900 high settings ~45 fps on my Iris Pro 5200, integrated.

Which also means I wouldn't start the hnnng dx12 stuff just yet, but I guess I'm 6 pages late for that.

BPoole

That still doesn't mean it will look just as good as the PS4 version. They could be lowering things like shadow and texture resolution to achieve the same resolution and frame rate as the PS4

Lt.Chips

I don't get it. I thought the source of this info was not credible? Why are some discussing this as if it was official?

omonimo

Banned
Time ago. Damn what a shitty engine, the hell, 720p on xbone.
Rumour: 1080p on xbone.
Best engine ever, Konami you are so magic.
O_O

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I would have been happy with 900p for MGS but if it does achieve 1080p then thats great. PES I wouldn't settle for until it would be 1080p or I'd just get the PC version. I can't believe how fucking bad 2015 looked on XB1.

Floridian

Seriously fuck parity !

And bad for PS4 owners....

If they managed to get Xbox One up to 1080 & 60 than it's clear that xbox is holding back the PS4 version.

I think it's sad that you don't want others to enjoy similar experiences as yours just because they own a different console.

OT: It's great that Xbox One are receiving more 1080p games. Can't wait for the comparisons for this game.

Portugeezer

Having watched the 40 minute gameplay video of MGS5, I can now see how they managed parity on this one. It definitely looks dated at times, the last gen roots show.

Hopefully there is no trade off for the frame rate. As an Xbox owner I would rather have 60fps than 1080p every single time if we can only have one or the other.

Hasney

Because 90% of people read the thread title and press reply instantly.

BASED DX12!!... Or something.

Sorry people, if you know how a differed rendering engine works and know where the bottleneck is within the XB1, it's unlikely DX12 had this much if an impact. I'd be more likely to believe the story of MS sending engineers out there to help.

Having watched the 40 minute gameplay video of MGS5, I can now see how they managed parity on this one. It definitely looks dated at times, the last gen roots show.

Exactly.

This is one of the least impressive titles out there graphically and it was pretty silly that it wasn't 1080p to start with.

It's basically a last gen game with some asset changes here and there running at a higher framerate. Both of these systems have games that blow this one away visually.

Still incredibly disappointed in that aspect of the game. I'm used to MGS games looking pretty incredible upon release.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Interesting that they managed to double the Res and maintain 60fps, but this is a rumour.

Top Bottom