• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] MGS V: TPP and Pes 2016 to be 1080p 60 fps on Xbox One?

I know; I'm just saying.

That's because genres like sports games & 2D platformers aren't very graphically demanding on the hardware & are very easy to get those type of games in Native 1080p w/60 FPS.

Now try to do the same thing with other genres like Open World games. Very doubtful.
Indeed

Sweep14

Native 1080P : 1920x1080 ?

Because if it is far from 1920 pixels horizontally, this is a 1080PR situation.

I also tweeted to Cristal Dynamics about their statment of 1080P with ROTR, I wanted to know about the horizontal pixels resolution. They didn't reply as of yet.

jsnepo

Isn't this already coming out soon? It's great that they fixed the resolution this close to release. That is any of this is true.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Let's keep mgs 5 at 900p if it means we get comparable lighting and effects.

Biker19

Banned
It'll likely look the same. Unless you think devs are going to make some special PS4 version to accommodate a few extra flops.

Why wouldn't they? Especially knowing that the game is going to sell a lot more copies on PS4?

You don't see Japanese 3rd party publishers like Square-Enix downgrade PS4 versions of games like Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III graphically just because they have Xbox One versions available. Why? Because they know that their games will sell a lot more copies on PS4.

Excellent, if the rumour proves to be true. Ground Zeroes looked at bit janky at 720p on the X1. Also the PS4 lighting is needed, because lighting in games now just adds so much to the visual quality.

realcZk

I'd be really surprised if it's not at 1080p on X1. The PC port of GZ was really well optimized (and not demanding at all), plus TPP is a last-gen title as far as development constraints go...

SomTervo

Thanks, Fox Engine.

Read this in a really bitter tone

'Well thanks, Fox Engine."

That pc thread that was posted kinda showed the engine can scale with performances.

I believe it must be a pretty incredible engine. Will probably never match the highs of Cry Engine or Unreal, but from the sounds of things it's phenomenally optimised and highly scalable, which is a huge boon in itself.

Head.spawn

Why wouldn't they? Especially knowing that the game is going to sell a lot more copies on PS4?

You don't see Japanese 3rd party publishers like Square-Enix downgrade PS4 versions of games like Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III graphically just because they have Xbox One versions available. Why? Because they know that their games will sell a lot more copies on PS4.

You got me all wrong here.

If Xbox One is 1080p/60fps and looks exactly like the PC version running (outside of fancier AA, down sampling etc etc).. I would expect the PS4 version to look exactly like that.

I'm not even sure how you slipped downgrading into the conversation. XBO having a slight resolution deficit in certain games in no way, shape or form had ever constituted a down grade for a PS4 version. It's the same game, same graphics at a different resolution.

That pc thread that was posted kinda showed the engine can scale with performances.

I missed that, care to explain or toss a link?

Sounds crazy, I was just going off of my general expectations, didn't know Fox Engine was packing special sauce this time around.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Why are some people mad? Probably the PS4 will have better effects or something, calm down. Some people act as if something had been taken away from them.

Reebot

If Xbox One is 1080p/60fps and looks exactly like the PC version running (outside of fancier AA, down sampling etc etc).. I would expect the PS4 version to look exactly like that.

It won't, not even close. The PC version will be far beyond the console releases, and the PS4 will likely have a slight advantage. Go check out Ground Zeroes comparisons.

We also have hours of footage from the PS4 version already released. It looks great. If the Xbone matches it, awesome for Xbox players. There's no downside for PS4 players here at all.

Wait, wait, wait. So we're finally getting a game where there won't be any of those BS comparison videos or articles that really only serve to fan the console war flame and get clicks?

Cool.
...you know you don't have to click those threads, right?

c0de

Native 1080P : 1920x1080 ?

Because if it is far from 1920 pixels horizontally, this is a 1080PR situation.

I also tweeted to Cristal Dynamics about their statment of 1080P with ROTR, I wanted to know about the horizontal pixels resolution. They didn't reply as of yet.

The term you are looking for is “full hd“.

You got me all wrong here.

I'm not even sure how you slipped downgrading into the conversation. XBO having a slight resolution deficit in certain games in no way, shape or form had ever constituted a down grade for a PS4 version. It's the same game, same graphics at a different resolution.

I missed that, care to explain or toss a link?

Sounds crazy, I was just going off of my general expectations, didn't know Fox Engine was packing special sauce this time around.

If there is so much as a framerate fluctuation in one of them you bet you will be getting threads about it.

I wonder if the PC version causes meltdowns again http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937261

That was the link..

Post 48 in this thread is what made the Batman face off thread escalate ;-)

You mean this thread of the one linked..
If you mean the link

Every graphics face off thread
Pc vs ps4 graphics --> prefer ps4 controller
Ps4 vs x1 --> prefer x1 controler or live
etc...

Confirmed bullshit.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/623864092072218624

WMelDQn.png

Edit: Beaten

Perfect back to back comments.

PaRappa

Im really really happy for Xbox One owners and I'll soon be one too however...... the fact of the matter is PS4 is more powerful so I really also hope that machine is pushed to its limits. MS have done an amazing job making the most of the Xbox One hardware but Im surprised Sony havnt made the same strides. They clearly turned the PS3 around but I have to admit they do seem to be sat on their asses with the PS4 while theyre in the lead. As a PS4 owner I certainly don't appreciate that and I really want to see some more fight from them. Competition is awesome as Xbox owners can see.

Maedre

Banned
Have both consoles. If the 1360x1080 are looking ok, i will chose the XBoxOne Version. The XBone is so damn quiet in comparison.

psn

Everything above 720p is a win for xb1 users. Still dont know if I should get the ps4 or PC version. Depends how much better it looks on PC.

Why are some people mad? Probably the PS4 will have better effects or something, calm down. Some people act as if something had been taken away from them.

It amazes me, seems like people don't like hearing good news at all (if this turns out to be true, and if it does who gives a flying fuck? Good news is good).

Really blows my mind away when I read some of these comments.

Top Bottom