• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
On one hand, I don't believe it as they'd probably want to squeeze as much as possible from SFV, on the other hand the launch missfired and it'd be hard to correct ship (with casuals for big numbers) so using the engine on more than 1 game makes sense.

joe2187

Banned
I would like to come in here and confirm that Darkstalkers 4 will also be announced at PSX as a Xbox One exclusive title, I dont know what i can say right now, but lets just say that we'll know more about it in the next coming millennia

JayEH

I would like to come in here and confirm that Darkstalkers 4 will also be announced at PSX as a Xbox One exclusive title, I dont know what i can say right now, but lets just say that we'll know more about it in the next coming millennia

Unprecedented partnership between MS and Sony.

Neoxon

The only thing you're going to accomplish with this thread is get that poor dude banned, OP.
It's usually best to keep things on the down-low unless your 110% confident in your sources. I believe that's the logic used by the various Switch leakers (Laura Kate Dale, for example). Going public & things not panning out will only end poorly.

liquidtmd

Banned
giphy.gif

joe2187

Banned
Wonder what the roster would be and if the current MCU would have any effect on it...

Of course it would.

However Im not sure if the roster would keep UMVC3 and add a few more...or just replace most of the marvel side with current characters.

Black Panther is a must.

Rymuth

Hmmmm...not sure how to feel about this. Could go either way...

I'll say this, tho, if this is the big Capcom reveal then RIP DMC 5 :/

I bet it's multiplatform. If not then Marvel and Sony cooked up some great partnership.
You mean Disney. Disney owns Marvel and Disney have had a solid relationship with Sony because of Adam Boyes. It's why Sony got the Spiderman IP to make a first party game out of as well as the marketing rights for Battlefront (in spite of EA+MS's unprecedented partnership)

LakeEarth

Something I will buy at full price at launch (which I never do), but I won't believe it until I see it. Especially considering all the red tape, how you can't buy UMvC3 DLC anymore because of it.

It makes me sad UMvC3 balance patch. It used to be the most hype fighting game to watch, but the rise of TAC infinites just turned it into a chore.

It is pretty amazing how UMvC3 has so many characters who were lesser knowns, but are now well known due to the MCU. Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, DR STRANGE SPOILERS
Dormammu
, and soon to be X-23 with Logan coming out next year.

Neoxon

It depends. How badly did Disney want spider man in the avenger movies? Sony could've sparked a deal for exclusive MvC4 much like how they got Spider-Man on PS4 exclusively.
It was more of Kevin Feige wanting to work with Spider-Man & the characters associated with him and Sony Pictures being in a tough position after TASM2 was poorly-recieved & the Sony leak happening. The whole situation was a perfect storm.

Tik-Tok

Apparently a well known FGC personality told a bunch of people from our local FGC that MVC4 is definitely in the works.

Take that for what you will.

Edit: He made no mention of a specific date to my knowledge though.

Pachimari

This reminds me of the first PSX, when people shared around that Crash Brandicoot would be announced, that The Last Guardian would be announced and that FFVIIR would be announced etc. and it turned out to be very poor sources.

I ain't believing this shit again.

Scrawnton

It was more of Kevin Feige wanting to work with Spider-Man & the characters associated with him and Sony Pictures being in a tough position after TASM2 was poorly-recieved & the Sony leak happening. The whole situation was a perfect storm.

So Spider-Man on PS4 being exclusive had NOTHING to do with sony letting spidey appear in the Disney films?

It's obvious it led to an exclusive game.

Eolz

Apparently a well known FGC personality told a bunch of people from our local FGC that MVC4 is definitely in the works.

Take that for what you will.

Edit: He made no mention of a specific date to my knowledge though.

Marlinpie?
lol

Neoxon

So Spider-Man on PS4 being exclusive had NOTHING to do with sony letting spidey appear in the Disney films?

It's obvious it led to an exclusive game.
I honestly doubt it, especially since Sony Pictures & the PlayStation divisions mostly do their own things. It may have been icing on the cake for the PlayStation group to push for a Spider-Man game, but I'm not sure if it was part of the deal. Also consider that Marvel Studios, the ones who made the deal for Spidey in the MCU, & Marvel Entertainment, the ones who did the deal for the Spider-Man game, are now separate entities.

jbug617

Banned
Combofiend has not made a public appearance for a while now. I expected to see him more throughout the CPT this year.

schaft0620

Something I will buy at full price at launch (which I never do), but I won't believe it until I see it. Especially considering all the red tape, how you can't buy UMvC3 DLC anymore because of it.

It makes me sad UMvC3 balance patch. It used to be the most hype fighting game to watch, but the rise of TAC infinites just turned it into a chore.

It is pretty amazing how UMvC3 has so many characters who were lesser knowns, but are now well known due to the MCU. Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, DR STRANGE SPOILERS
Dormammu
, and soon to be X-23 with Logan coming out next year.

But there was the same red tape around MUA

Azerare

I want this to be real so bad... but didn't we get a thread not too long ago of stating it probably won't happen for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom