• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Minecraft Launching on Wii U in Summer 2014, Focus Is On GamePad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/minecraft-wii-u/

"We have now got word from a retailer source that this serious misdeed will soon be rectified. Minecraft will be coming to Wii U. Nintendo has made an effort to pursue such a release and their efforts have paid off. According to our source, Mojang is currently in possession of Wii U dev kits. Although the game is simultaneously in development for Xbox One and PS4, Mojang is said to be focusing on the GamePad for the Wii U version. The projected release for all three systems is summer 2014."

Here are their previous rumors, they have a great track record
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/rumor-accountability-report/

Saiyan-Rox

Damnit if true! the gamepad would make the game better imo

(not a PC minecraft player before someone jumps in lol)

It's a perfect fit for Nintendo. The timing though....Summer 2014? That's so far away for a game that's pretty old by now.

jmizzal

If this turns out be untrue, I will never go to that site ag...

They said Splinter Cell Blacklist, Deus Ex HR and Watch_Dogs were coming to WiiU back in Feb, well before we knew they would come out.

I have known the Menashe a long time before he even had a website, he doesnt make stuff up, and always make sure stuff is marked rumor before the tells anyway.

Unlike Paul Gale he wont have outlandish stuff like Metroid x Star Fox

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
This sounds good, especially if Nintendo license their characters for use with it, ala Scribblenauts.

Not

Banned
I don't ever want to get into Minecraft, or World of Warcraft, or Macandcheesekraft. I just don't want to give up that much of my life to these games. So this still wouldn't sell me on a Wii U.

atbigelow

Man, if this would have been out THIS holiday, it would have really helped the system. Minecraft is still a big thing and if Nintendo would put some of their properties in there, it would have got a lot of folks interested.

I play MC on PC, but it would be pretty cool to see what they could do with the gamepad.

Nibel

Every rumor from websites with 'Nintendo' in its name and run by fans should be taken with a huge grain of salt
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom