• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR Modern Warfare 2 and MW1 pre order bonus for COD2016 (Xbox One?)

Smokey

You know whats worst..?
This.

200w.gif

what is this from lol

not sure i get the hate for the cosmetic items in MP. people seem alright with it in other games...but when its COD...omg abomination

Idk man. Aesthetically, BO3 multiplayer is gross at this point. Just mish mash of ugly colorways, outfits, weapons, and maps. It plays really well but it's not a good or cohesive looking game at all. Garish. Reminds me of the terrible skins from the last few Gears of War games.

m4st4

I have 100+ hours in Blops III multi. I've never played COD this much and my last one was Blops II.

Excited to see what Infinity Ward is cooking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd buy the hell out of a MW remaster tbh. I'm surprised it's taking Activision this long.

Call of Duty is still making money despite being in "decline." Once they can no longer pump money out of that well, you can be damn sure they'll do a "remaster" of CoD4 to buy in on the nostalgia of people.

Speaking of which: The PC version still has some players, going by Gametrackers. But a lot of the servers I see are modified to where you're gonna be going into something like Shipment 32 players a la console. :/

KingBroly

Banned
Not surprising to me. This seems to be a Microsoft initiative.

But wouldn't this mean that COD has Microsoft marketing this year?

VertPin

Interesting. I really enjoyed MW2 (didn't play MW1...I know). Hopefully IW is restructured and has some talent in there now, and their game doesn't have future movement.

Are you really struggling to understand how features of EAAccess and how they apply to all the titles from the publisher that owns and operates that service are not comparable to cross platform marketing deals and their influence on value added content across comforting platforms? They are not remotely the same thing from a business perspective.

You have seen the contracts in question then? Only way I can see someone being so dismissive of others opinions is if they have factual evidence to the contrary.

Dunkley

Advanced Warfare is pretty decent.

only thing that kept it from great was the skill based matchmaking, which pretty much punished good players like myself with pitting me against other good players 24/7. It's not something I want when I'm not trying to play ranked games.

Huh?

What was wrong with playing against other skilled people?

My Top 5 COD games, in my opinion and in no order, are:

Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops III

The worst are

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Black Ops III is a very refreshing take on what Advanced Warfare tried, while keeping things grounded and focusing on gunplay rather than gimmicks first. Yes, shit is very colorful and there are gimmick weapons like a baseball bat, but they don't take away from the core Call of Duty gameplay which has been missing for quite sometime in the series.

Hip Hop

Huh?

What was wrong with playing against other skilled people?

It just isn't fun at all. I'm trying to play, casually. That's what COD is to me, a casual, laid back shooter.

I don't want to play uber try hard every single game. It got tiring.

There was League Play for that if you're into ranked games, I don't know why they had it playlist wide.

Good thing Black Ops 3 got rid of that nonsense.

I'd sink hundreds of hours back into MW2 again, but only if it was untouched and in its original form. At least, in terms of design, warts and all. A graphical upgrade would obviously be fine.

Never get the praise for MW2. Its the one that started all the overblown mess in CoD games.

The three golden and IMO best CoDs are CoD4,WaW and BO1.

The rest is just overblown stuff with an unbalanced sandbox, way too much Killstreak spamming and more. And dont get me started on this Supply Drop shit that is now standard in every CoD.

Never get the praise for MW2. Its the one that started all the overblown mess in CoD games.

The three golden and IMO best CoDs are CoD4,WaW and BO1.

The rest is just overblown stuff with an unbalanced sandbox, way too much Killstreak spamming and more. And dont get me started on this Supply Drop shit that is now standard in every CoD.

You're absolutely right. You've made me realize that WaW is indeed better than MW2.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well the fans did have to suffer the decline from greatness:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CehVOVAWQAAU9KO.png

To this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CehVN_0WQAAtdgl.png
If they had stayed on the exact same path, you would most likely have posts like this:

Call of Duty in 2007:
CehVOVAWQAAU9KO.png

Call of Duty in 2017:
CehVOVAWQAAU9KO.png

Even if you (generally speaking) like it or not, i have to hand to Activision, Infinity Ward and Treyarch who have managed to keep the serie interesting for 13 years.

Whompa02

I really want a return to form call of duty...this sci fi COD stuff is terrible.

Activision wants Gi-Joe I guess.

Poop!

I just want my remasters or Modern Warfare 4.
Haven't touched this franchise since BOII, they ruined it. :(

There are two kinds of COD gamers. The ones who enjoy the real IW games and the ones who enjoy post IW break up games.

MW3 is really Titanfall.

Poop!

You mean Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3?

MW3 has none of that bullshit boost slide/wallrun shit.

As in if Activision hadn't broken up IW then Titanfall would have been the next COD game. IMO Call of Duty died when IW broke up.

Bgamer90

Banned
I could see Microsoft simply making both games free with Gold shortly before this year's Call of Duty game releases.

The "pre-order bonus" stuff doesn't sound very possible due to Playstation's current deal with the series.

Majority of that 15 million cannot appreciate any other game from what I see. Bring games like Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, & The Witcher to them. They will look at you like u have jelly on your head.

This is such a fucking stupid attitude to have. It's not your problem that games you like aren't as popular as ones you don't. You feel sorry for them? Do you understand how condescending that it?

Top Bottom