• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR Modern Warfare 2 and MW1 pre order bonus for COD2016 (Xbox One?)

Varg

Banned
Of course I still play that :D.

I do miss it on my Xbox 360 with my bros though. It's also hacked to fuck and back right now, or at least it was LOL

Not so much anymore . There are still ppl who play it and the ones are left are pretty damn good. The hackers ran rampant before with the jtag 360s and the save importing on the PS3. Most don't even bother anymore

Majority of that 15 million cannot appreciate any other game from what I see. Bring games like Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, & The Witcher to them. They will look at you like u have jelly on your head.

Yeah, because it's impossible to enjoy both COD and those mentioned games ..

I would be surprised if the Playstation deal for COD marketing (which I suspect cost a lot of money) allowed Activision to put MW1/2 with the Xbox One version. Unless Sony/Activision don't feel it will drive XB1 game sales much, which I guess is possible

DOWN

Banned
Well the fans did have to suffer the decline from greatness:

CehVOVAWQAAU9KO.png

This is one of the best game campaigns ever and set off the trend of modern shooters. That level was incredible and the tone was so strong.

I would be surprised if the Playstation deal for COD marketing (which I suspect cost a lot of money) allowed Activision to put MW1/2 with the Xbox One version. Unless Sony/Activision don't feel it will drive XB1 game sales much, which I guess is possible

They already did it with Black Ops, albeit it was delayed. It was a pre-order bonus for digital BO3 purchases, so it's entirely possible.

El_Chino

Agreed. Other levels were better than that snooze fest.
I'm truly shocked everytime I see these posts.

How old were you when you first played it? (I feel like age plays a factor)

When did you play it? (at release or years after?)

Did you play any CoDs before it? (maybe later CoD levels spoil the experience)

At the time 2007, there was nothing like that mission and I feel like CoD hasn't made anything close to that since.

TimFL

Are there any title leaks yet so we know what it'll most likely be called? If it's COD Bloodlines I'll get a heartattack cause that validates 1 bullet point of that leak that mentioned a Platinum Games developed Spider-Man movie tie-in game.

All Ghillied Up doesn't have shit on Pegasus Bridge.

A Call of Duty collection would be nice, though. Especially if they patch in higher resolutions for the first few games so I don't have to do it by editing config files.

If you want to play CoD4 MP again right now, go grab it on PC.There's very few hackers and still a pretty decently sized community to boot.

Don't go modern, don't go futuristic, you've got my sale.
Modern, maybe, if done right and nothing like Ghosts.

Anything Sci-Fi or futuristic is instantly a no-go.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Don't go modern, don't go futuristic, you've got my sale.
Modern, maybe, if done right and nothing like Ghosts.

Anything Sci-Fi or futuristic is instantly a no-go.

Same.

I just don't feel the weapons. Please be in current or past setting.

The last $60 COD I bought was MW2

Hip Hop

Black Ops III is an awful CoD game imo. Get that jet pack garbage out of my Call of Duty.
Not really,

It's a small detail that spices up the gameplay. And it isn't even in your face about it, you don't want to use it, there's the option too.

The gunplay in BO3 is also superb, which makes it one of the best games in the series.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Are there any title leaks yet so we know what it'll most likely be called? If it's COD Bloodlines I'll get a heartattack cause that validates 1 bullet point of that leak that mentioned a Platinum Games developed Spider-Man movie tie-in game.

Funny thing is that usually around end of March to mid of April we usually get tiny bits of leaks whether it's a picture or a clip, of the next upcoming CoD. Same happened with Ghost, Advanced Warfare, and BO3. With BO3, they released a patch for BO2, which added a snapchat barcode on one of the maps, which would eventually lead you to the CoD snapchat and would reveal tiny clips or codes showing BO3. And just a few days ago, Ghosts just recently got a new patch too, so who knows maybe they must've done the same thing Treyarch did, OR just a random patch for fixes. I'd keep my head up the next few weeks for any news.

Hip Hop

No, Bloodlines was confirmed fake.

gafneo

Banned
Nah son. We need more alternate reality WW2 COD. Black Ops I and II did that shit right.

I would leave the sci-fi up to Treyarch. What we need is an extremely dark and horrifying game based on real soldiers. We need tragedy, hyper violence, friendship, realistic battle systems, characters to morn over, authentic visuals and story telling that depict the era.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Majority of that 15 million cannot appreciate any other game from what I see. Bring games like Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, & The Witcher to them. They will look at you like u have jelly on your head.

Is that any different from someone that's hooked on League of a Legends or Counter Strike?
Some people are devoted to certain franchises. It's ok that they're not playing the games you think they should.

Zombine

Banned
ugh

disgusted at what they've done really

Yeah. The future setting was kinda cool in Black Ops 2, but Advance Warfare and Black Ops 3 missed the mark. I feel bad for the people who enjoy cod for the "realism" but have had to suffer through Ghosts, AW, and Black Ops 3. I just want to go back at this point and forget the future for good.

CS GO and Rainbow Six Seige are my comfort zone now.

boltz

Not sure why everyone seems to have an issue with the customization items, even if they are over the top, they're still just options for players to use.

Also, it's funny to see people want WWII back. I remember the opposite not too long ago when people were sick of WWII. I guess the pendulum is just swinging back the other way :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Not sure why everyone seems to have an issue with the customization items, even if they are over the top, they're still just options for players to use.

Also, it's funny to see people want WWII back. I remember the opposite not too long ago when people were sick of WWII. I guess the pendulum is just swinging back the other way :)

yea that's why it'll be really interesting to see with BF going backwards and COD going forwards what the reception is when it's al said it done. normally i don't get involved in the big FPS fights every year but this one might be fun to observe.

I would leave the sci-fi up to Treyarch. What we need is an extremely dark and horrifying game based on real soldiers. We need tragedy, hyper violence, friendship, realistic battle systems, characters to morn over, authentic visuals and story telling that depict the era.

We got that kind of game but it wasn't very popular. Brothers in Arms.

Darkangel

Never get the praise for MW2. Its the one that started all the overblown mess in CoD games.

The three golden and IMO best CoDs are CoD4,WaW and BO1.

The rest is just overblown stuff with an unbalanced sandbox, way too much Killstreak spamming and more. And dont get me started on this Supply Drop shit that is now standard in every CoD.

I actually don't think MW2 was unbalanced at all.

Every gun was good with the exception of the F2000. The UMP-45 was popular, but it was a jack of all trades, master of none type of gun. Even now if you head online you'll see a huge variety of weapons being used. Killstreaks were powerful and rewarding, but easily thwarted by a Cold Blooded/Stinger class. Commando was sort of annoying, but could be countered with a secondary shotgun blast to the chest. Stopping powered offered a tradeoff for players who wanted to go the stealth route.

The only thing that was flat out broken was the OMA Noob Tube combo which was supposed to be patched before IW imploded.

The Treyarch approach to balance is to basically make everything equally awful. Killstreaks in BLOPS3 barely even do anything anymore. Treyarch has just never had that "X Factor" that the oldschool Infinity Ward team had.

Well the fans did have to suffer the decline from greatness:

CehVOVAWQAAU9KO.png

To this...

CehVN_0WQAAtdgl.png

The horror...the horror...

I actually don't think MW2 was unbalanced at all.

Every gun was good with the exception of the F2000. The UMP-45 was popular, but it was a jack of all trades, master of none type of gun. Even now if you head online you'll see a huge variety of weapons being used. Killstreaks were powerful and rewarding, but easily thwarted by a Cold Blooded/Stinger class. Commando was sort of annoying, but could be countered with a secondary shotgun blast to the chest. Stopping powered offered a tradeoff for players who wanted to go the stealth route.

The Treyarch approach to balance is to basically make everything equally awful. Killstreaks in BLOPS3 barely even do anything anymore. Treyarch has just never had that "X Factor" that the oldschool Infinity Ward team had.

The F2000 was a beast in close quarters, but the recoil killed it in and long range shots. Only thing I didn't like was killstreaks in MW2, went too crazy compared to simplicity in MW1.

The news games are just far too complex with their variations, I just want to pick 2 weapons with standard attachments, simple, non-upgradeable perks and only a few killstreaks, which again were pretty basic and not overpowered; basically MW1.

Oh and maps which have decent sight lines so you can actually snipe, aren't too cluttered, aren't mazes you can run round for ages without seeing anyone and dont have headglitching spots everywhere.

Whilst BO3 has decent gunplay the maps are terrible and theres too much shit going on ingame and customisation/variance.

They already did it with Black Ops, albeit it was delayed. It was a pre-order bonus for digital BO3 purchases, so it's entirely possible.

Wasn't that for both PS3 and 360 because they had no campaign? Black ops 1 is due to be BC on Xbox one but isn't yet, perhaps Xbox one will get BC versions and ps4 will get ps now versions or something

Nimby

Banned
Black Ops III multiplayer is just fun, I don't care about the aesthetic or the modern setting. Couldn't say the same for Advanced Warfare and Ghosts besides Infected. The most fun I've had since Black Ops II and before that Black Ops I.

The supply drops though, that shit needs to go. Cosmetics only or don't even bother.

To be honest I'm sick of futuristic shooters. WW2 or a modern warfare style Cod...I can see these being games with gold as Sony has marketing. Although if Activision is smart they would do a HD remaster of the Modern warefare games for this year

Top Bottom